What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Dave I have been looking at watches a fair bit recently and I not sure that it’s the fact the used market has gone up or that the same new watch has rocketed
Almost 10yr ago For my 50th the wife went 50/50 on this for me a IWC Portuguese perpetual Calendar. I paid 18.5k which is a sizeable sum by anyone’s means but to Buy new now would cost you 35k+ and even 2nd hand 25+ if you can find one! I’ve owned 2 Omegas a Panerai and a Rolex which kinda got me into horology hence the reason I bought this. I wanted a Perpetual Calendar and this is the cheapest way in by far. In simple terms it does not need any adjustment whatsoever for day, date, year, month even allowing for leap years for another 200 years. It’s a true mechanical marvel with auto winding and 7nday reserve, the mind boggles at the genius that designed this when all watches were mechanical.
oh a £20 battery Casio will probs do more.
Lets see how my 60th pressie stacks a GnR CE as wifey has gone half-lives on that! ill be happy if it keeps its price.

FC1EE4EB-F2DE-44DA-8581-50931C658F84.jpeg46EA7561-4458-483A-8E89-864FD5A2E638.jpeg77FA0CFA-3527-4724-AB52-5D8AFF7649E0.jpegF38D2F7F-25D9-4DEF-9A10-E18BAD7A569C.jpegAFFDD4AD-DB26-456D-A1C7-39E313EF21F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah agree with this, I made an offer on the dialled in listed on ebay for 7.5k, I offered 6.5k expecting a counter offer so we could come to an agreement, I just got a flat decline of offer so I guess some people really are just holding out for top dollar or asking price. It's the same in the rental market in places where people would rather let a property sit vacant for months than accept an offer that they consider lower than market value.
If someone wants and won't accept less than £7500 for something then they should be listing it at £8500. Everyone's happy. Buyer gets a grand off. Seller gets what he wanted. It's rare that people don't want money off the price. I never barter on Facebook Marketplace I always pay full price. I also never barter on here. eBay is different.

Yes you are correct just because it’s at 5k doesn’t mean to say it will sell for that but the Spiderman has no or best offer
I could never be bothered with the long haul stupid price I would just always price it right and have it gone or put on bids at 99p start
The lack of Best Offer doesn't usually stop people messaging me with stupid offers :)

That’s a lovely classic watch Colin
I bought my omega seamaster pro in 98 new for a little under 1k I absolutely loved it but once I got married I never really wore it again sold it in 2010 for what I paid for it same watch now 4k new
The seamaster I am drooling over now is 18k so I will agree with James on this one and stick with my I phone I would never wear it anyway

The seamaster I am drooling over now is 18k so I will agree with James on this one and stick with my I phone I would never wear it anyway
You do have to share a picture of it though, I mean they are pieces of art, I guess a bit like pins, I just couldn't justify or afford it as a hobby, I have one of those already with the pinball machines :p

Slightly irritating are people with a £2-3k budget moaning they cant find a pin to buy. doh! buy an older, cheaper, off theme machine and get started......... not rocket science! There is still room for all budgets in the hobby. Never ever compare todays prices to the past. You will never buy anything if you do that.

Slightly irritating are people with a £2-3k budget moaning they cant find a pin to buy. doh! buy an older, cheaper, off theme machine and get started......... not rocket science! There is still room for all budgets in the hobby. Never ever compare todays prices to the past. You will never buy anything if you do that.
theres loads of nice pins you can buy with that kinda of budget if you search and wait long enough

That’s a lovely classic watch Colin
I bought my omega seamaster pro in 98 new for a little under 1k I absolutely loved it but once I got married I never really wore it again sold it in 2010 for what I paid for it same watch now 4k new
Still got my Seamaster pro from about 98 that I bought new that’s just sitting in my drawer 🤔

Just had a good scroll through e bay and there is lots of stuff on there at various prices but very little is actually selling

Absolutely, 108 machines listed between 1k and 18K and not all complete games or probably all available (some dubious ads) Many of them have been there for a long while.

You'll never stop some people buying from members on here and then selling for an indecent mark up elsewhere, all you can do is to try and discourage it. Hopefully members won't be discouraged from continuing to sell on the forum. I recently got my first pin from here at what I consider to have been a great price for a great machine and I'm very thankful for that. You can be assured that when/if I decide to move it on this is the first place it will be offered on.
If a pin is offered for sale on the forum at a realistic price but there are no takers then it shouldn't be an issue if they try and sell it somewhere else

I think it was probably the most affordable entry level watch around 1k but looks amazing
Great value watch and like you say looks great, I was actually on the 007 stage (The world is not enough) at Pinewood around that time working for a lighting company😎

Great value watch and like you say looks great, I was actually on the 007 stage (The world is not enough) at Pinewood around that time working for a lighting company😎
We had Daniel Craig in for some facial scans and mocap. I believe 'a female cast member' had asked for £2m for about a minute's worth of VO. That would buy a few watches.

I’ve never bothered selling a pin on eBay. Too much potential stress. To be honest I rarely look to buy off it either now as it just appears to be stupidly high BIN prices and very little actual auction.

For the time being I am done selling on here. My small contribution to this hobby was to not make money on games I own and to let them move on at attractive prices in the hope that a cheapish pin in nice condition can do the rounds. Obviously I don’t have and don’t expect to control what the buyers do with them but it’s a bit of a kick in the nuts when you get the - I’ve been looking for a nice one for ages and suddenly less than 3 months later it’s up for 1/3 more. If the spidey had been close to under 4K then fair enough with the flipper rebuilds and re rubbering.

Let me be clear I was fully aware it was a cracking price when I sold and was offered almost 20% more but I’m lucky enough to be in a decent financial position and don’t need to chase the top price £ when selling. Maybe foolishly I hoped that with the moaning on pinflation people would have the morals to think I got that cheap I’ll add 100/200 to cover what I’ve done and let someone else get a ‘bargain’ and enjoy it. Obviously not as it’s the second time it’s happened.

I was also one of the few people who buy quite a few nib games and don’t mind taking the nib hit when moving them on. Recently a few people have been asking why so few newish sterns turn up. The answer is simple. If no one wants to be the one who takes the nib hits on the pre and le’s they won’t filter through the market.
I currently have 17 pins (and gnr incoming) of which I can only really have 14 set up at a time so the excess is tombstoned or on loan to a friend. Everything I have is a newish machine or a mint/super mint BW restoration. Only this week I was chatted to someone on here about maybe letting a couple go so someone else can enjoy them as it’s a shame to just store them.
Forget it I’m done for now. A few select friends on here will get first dibs if they are interested and if not I’ll just store them or pass onto a guy who I’m friendly with who has one of the retail stores people moan about. At least with him even though I consider his prices over the top he does have the overheads of running a business so I partly understand the prices as he needs a profit or what’s the point.

Take care all I’m done for now

I'm late to the party here and completely gobsmacked by this. It throws the spirit of the pinball community completely out of the window.

I know the game and I know @Jmac . He absolutely knew that he could sell this game for a higher fee but personally told me that he'd keep it low in order to let it circulate in the community so as others could enjoy it. It was in pristine condition and certainly one of the better examples you'll find.

Last year I injured myself and as a result lost a lot of work and had to scale down my business and sell my modest pinball collection. @Jmac was on the phone straight away offering to help me out in so many ways and also lending me machines. Even though I couldn't afford a pin at the time he wanted me to have something to play. That's the kind of guy he is so to see this sorry episode leaves quite a bitter taste in the mouth.

I've not sold too many games but whatever I have moved on I've sold either at cost, or at a loss. A couple of games I modded, paid Martin at GoPinball to workshop and had powder coating done. One I was particularly proud of as it has been rescued and made into a very sexy example. A couple of months ago I saw it on Ebay completely stripped down with the parts obviously sold off individually. It was up for sale for significantly more than I'd passed it on for but worse than that it was gutted of everything that made it unique. I was quite miffed that all the lovely toys, powder coated rails, mod boards, lights and apron cards had been stripped out before flipping. The thing was 25-30 years old, was like new and should have been in the community forever but it was asset stripped.

I'm also done. I'll only sell to people I know from now on or until some sort of buyer validation process can be sorted on here. To show the spirit of the community though I'll also happily lend or do loan-swaps with trusted people. If someone I know or a friend of a friend wants to borrow Deadpool or Elvira for a bit then that may be the way forward. I work to make money and certainly didn't get into this hobby to either profit from anyone else or be hustled myself.

Last edited:
Lockdown has created a new breed of haves & have nots. Lots of people on full/most pay with nothing, i.e. holidays etc. to spend it on and people who’ve effectively been chucked on the scrapheap, no job, no prospects. The haves, with money burning a hole in their pockets are, I suspect, the ones doing the buying.

Lockdown has created a new breed of haves & have nots. Lots of people on full/most pay with nothing, i.e. holidays etc. to spend it on and people who’ve effectively been chucked on the scrapheap, no job, no prospects. The haves, with money burning a hole in their pockets are, I suspect, the ones doing the buying.
100% agree.

It, like Brexit, has been incredibly dividing of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom