What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have bought it when I saw it when I picked up the Robocop from you, looked pretty nice. Thought it was sold though then?
Oh yeah, it was the starter motor on my van which I only changed last week. Thanks again for the push start, legend👍
That was so embarrassing after showing you the stereo, so it wasn't the battery after all☺️
Haha that was fun 😂 glad you've made it home with no issues!

I had agreed sale but haven't heard from a buyer and can't wait any longer.

i’ve tried to help the guy remotely, checked fuses etc. looked at schematics to try figure it out. suggested he contact a few local london repairers. he has but says they’re all busy for months. i too would go fix it if i was nearby, feel sorry he’s overpaid and then got a non worker.
I call BS.

Anyone see the Guardian of the galaxy on Ebay at £5555 isn't that on the cheap side or do I smell a rat.

My mistake, the joys of being a newbie I guess
Maybe do my homework before I post
Whenever you're saying £5k+ is cheap for a pinball machine it's a good idea to have a word with yourself, your wife, your bank manager etc Just anyone with a semblance of financial responsibility really. Most grown ups opinions will suffice.

Well it's not cheap to me, it's way out of my price range, I just thought it was cheap for a newish machine

new machine stern pro 6600. as soon as you drive it out of the showroom 5500. ssme as a car. lose the VAT divide retail price by 1.2.
after a year old deduct another 10-20%

Well it's not cheap to me, it's way out of my price range, I just thought it was cheap for a newish machine
New and newish machines lose a huge amount of money. A brand new machine will lose a grand as soon as you open the box. I've been lucky enough to have a brand new TWD. But I think it's fair to say that of all the machines I've owned that's the only one I've lost money on. All the cheaper older machines have gone up in value rapidly. Much better to buy a machine for £800 and sell it a year later for £1500 than buy one for £6500 and sell it for £4500.

Yeah almost no chance of that now. 5 years ago I bought a Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard for £800. Sold it a year later to HLD for £1500, who sold it a few weeks later for £3500. Pinflation right there.

I'm sitting here watching Salvage Hunters and it's exactly the same thing. Drew has access to buyers on a different level of budget. They don't want to go to the trouble of sourcing these things themselves. They want an expert dealer to add value to these things, to assure them that they are making a good investment. It's the same thing with HLD.

Nib £6500 minus vat = £5200 so if you sold for that you haven’t lost anything you can never expect to get the vat back

not that simple.... otherwise loads of NIB less 20%

I'm fairly new to the VAT game having only been registered a year and still trying to work out where to make the savings. I think that bringing the word VAT into this is misleading. It's approximately that sort of devaluation, but it's not in any way VAT related. That's just the price of new/not new.

I'm fairly new to the VAT game having only been registered a year and still trying to work out where to make the savings. I think that bringing the word VAT into this is misleading. It's approximately that sort of devaluation, but it's not in any way VAT related. That's just the price of new/not new.
I think you are correct the end consumer doesn’t really see the 20% vat

I think you may get a rough ex op for £4500 if you where lucky but I think prices are pretty solid at the min for modern sterns but I think gotg is probably at the lower end of the good modern stern games

We are looking for £5k on GOTG. If no interest at that price will we move on to selling an older game as we are out of space on the arcade floor. We have been asked about swaps part/ex but only game we'd probably consider is Deadpool as regret selling it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom