What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand buyer mentioned in the Indy 500 for sale thread today too
I had a look at the Indy 500 thread. In that thread the enquiry comes from a Graeme in New Zealand who has a mate in York. In my case he claims his name is Tim and has a brother in York. He has strung things out all week claiming he is working very hard to get shipping quotes but now can`t get back to me with an answer till Tuesday due to a bank holiday in New Zealand. How that affects shipping quotes is beyond me and anyway there is no holiday in NZ till next weekend !

John Beveridge.

The ebay non worker eight ball deluxe ltd edition sold £1142. anyone here get it. looked pretty nice?
Too much, didn't look too bad from pics shown but guessing it’s a can of worms.
One sold on here last year fully working, nice boards etc for £900.

Older solid state games have increased more than newer stuff. That non working Meteor is heading to 4 figures is a good example

This needs archiving for posterity, this is verbatim. I do not have the skills to write something as fabulous as this.

King of eBay 2021 nominee - Night Moves guy .....

Item description​

"RARE NIGHT MOVES PINBALL MACHINE 1989 only 500 made. to a pinball boff this should be easy fix but i dont know where to start,other than check fuses. night moves nice old compact machine. this machine i gave 2600!"
no offers below starting/or buy it now price!!!!!!!!!

above is for the those who didnt read below or chose not too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
to view

re-listed due to buyer [chninkel] saying unable to get courior due to covid/brexit/customs. [buyers words]
3days later then suddenly goes quiet!!!!!!!! ebay aware via phone call!
to be honest think its a load of @@@@@@

`CHNINKEL`from belguim

due to above £50 non refundable dep req immediate or will be relisted.

also

beware of the sellers on the uk pinball sites [esp the one of which wesley is admin!!] as he knows/new of the seller who sold me this machine! and also the con man seller knowing this machine had this fault!!!!!
im old skool where i buy/sell in good faith...sadly lacking nowadays. rant over.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////----\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
RARE NIGHT MOVES PINBALL MACHINE 1989 only 500 made.

please before we start....
no offers below starting/or buy it now price!!!!!!!!!
no p/pal on collected items
cash only!
will px with old working one arm bandits/mk1 r/chopper bike/original flickball/jennings[within ebays rules obv]

/THE RED LONG THIN LIGHT SEEN ON SCOREBOARD IS REFLECTION FROM A NEON MOVING SIGN!!/

i only bought this couple days before xmas day! [22nd]
i & seller used it for couple games only!
its still remains in kitchen where myself and seller helped put it!
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

the seller had some inner board [mpu] replaced at over £400, plus a new small power supply board [old original one inc and works!
and im sure said,fitted some rubbers
this machine i gave 2600!!! [can prove] for it and had it deliv! and have receipt/ see photo

after seller went/i came back after having cup coffee,powered it back up,pressed cdt button,music started playing..playfield all lit up..but ball wouldnt come out..????
[seller did say if ball doesnt come out check fuse/didnt catch on why he said that]
i checked couple fuses [2 each side of underboard] ..still the same!
they werent blown- 2A one side 1A on the otherside.
im housebound and no idea how to fix or who would.
to a pinball boff this should be easy fix but i dont know where to start,other than check fuses.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

so the :-
machine powers up.
cdt button still works and with acceptance sound.[small red button inside coin door]
all the lights on playfield light up still.
tilt works [underboard one and pendulum one at bottom].
music plays its well known sound [forums say one of the best sounds about] vol adj works.
score board in centre [blue] all displays ok.
the x2 TOP left/right kick ball out kickers work [where switch/lock ball is]place ball in either kicker and it ejects the ball.
all the lights on mpu / power supply boards work.

has both keys, 1 for door lock for access to money area.
and rear key for rear glass lock/release.
[ i cant figure out how you lift up inner playfield and prop it up with inbuilt rod/i forgot!]... i can [at the time], lift it up but rod cant be pulled out of way...so obv im doing it wrong.not tried since nor used machine due to cant move it anywhere yet. [flat is full].
if you know these machines your know what i mean regarding useing rod support/
i couldnt even use it over xmas/boxing day as was bed ridden with my me/cfs ..so gutted there.
and now ball wont come out :-[

someone said POSS might be the photo eye/for ball release .. [photo release??]
or might be something about a trough?

i dont know if theres any hidden fuses that iv not noticed?
im an old fart and i cant keep leaning over the machine,,and waste time if i dont know what im looking for
other than hidden fuse.
theres one on right on new power board,that lights up fine so fuse is ok there.

[if anyone wants to have a look to help repair it so i can keep it please let me know]

to play machine.theres no coin mech ...
just open coin door,press button for as many games as you req.
think coins used wer the older big 10p 50p and round edged £1 coins.

rare machine as i believe only 500 made.
nice compact machine that plays like the full sized ones.

cocktail pinball
night moves
system 80b

not much more i can tell you about it.
barely used!!!

machine is still in small kitchen covered over. :-[

thanks for looking

[for viewing /o749-2498324]

night moves nice old compact machine

no p/pal on collected items! cash only.
as said above and within ebays rules...r/chopper mk1/one arm bandits taken in px//
cash only!
other. you can send courior if you want. too pay id accept p/pal but only done as family/friends!! but you dont need to pay upfront untill your courior is at my place! to give you piece of mind!
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

pinballinfo [d--o-t]- c-o-m-/ -community/threads/night-moves.18018/ is for alot info on these machines
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

21st jan/ update the x4 fuses under the playfield 2 side by side on each side which im told are for the flippers!? are fine/not blown!
the x2 on left side [useing multi test lead top and bottom of fuse] they are ok and lights up.
but the x2 on the right side dont light up touching top/bottom of the fuses [both fuses themselves are fine]
maybe? this is the fault as to why ball not coming out?
under the playfield theres x2 solonoid type things,if you gently press the right one on/off it makes more playfield lights flash on/off.
if you hold left one on the flippers work.

other than above i cant tell you anymore.
too much info?..just stating all i know as nothing too hide.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

21st jan/
px taken ie a mk1 raleigh chopper/old one arm bandit/old flickball machine/heavy solid gold chain,within
ebays rules,longs sale goes thru ebay!...it doesnt matter what i accept as payment.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i’ve tried to help the guy remotely, checked fuses etc. looked at schematics to try figure it out. suggested he contact a few local london repairers. he has but says they’re all busy for months. i too would go fix it if i was nearby, feel sorry he’s overpaid and then got a non worker.

i’ve tried to help the guy remotely, checked fuses etc. looked at schematics to try figure it out. suggested he contact a few local london repairers. he has but says they’re all busy for months. i too would go fix it if i was nearby, feel sorry he’s overpaid and then got a non worker.
Im normally down that way now and again but not with what’s been going on, I would have had a look.

Anyone get space station on ebay today ? i messaged the seller but had no response? now its sold
Don’t know but when I bought my Robocop from near Dorking not so long ago, I’m sure he had one in the garage that he said was sold for £1400 or £1500. Looked nice too.

Only popped up on saturday messaged but no response, your never gonna stick a bid in if the seller won't respond .. well i wouldn't

First time I've looked on eBay in a while and shocked to see there are dozens of vastly overpriced machines all from a seller in Great Yarmouth. His prices make HLD seem good value for money! I can't imagine he seriously expects to shift a single one at those prices.

First time I've looked on eBay in a while and shocked to see there are dozens of vastly overpriced machines all from a seller in Great Yarmouth. His prices make HLD seem good value for money! I can't imagine he seriously expects to shift a single one at those prices.

The only one I've looked at is Rocky and Bullwinkle (as I have the game) which is up for £4295. The description is mostly generic blurb, the pics are the flyer, a stock trimmed photo, and the only one that looks like it's of a real game is taken from ipdb.

He has feedback of 10, none of which as a seller...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Adve...-/383930730050?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

So you buy lots very cheap Items to get the magic feedback score of 10 then load it up with two dozen pins priced from 5-10k that you don’t have.
Surely eBay can have software analysing and detecting unscrupulous sellers like this.
They can sell a few lemons cut and run then repeat the whole process again.
WTAF

So you buy lots very cheap Items to get the magic feedback score of 10 then load it up with two dozen pins priced from 5-10k that you don’t have.
Surely eBay can have software analysing and detecting unscrupulous sellers like this.
They can sell a few lemons cut and run then repeat the whole process again.
WTAF

Maybe. However, the company is actually a LTD co, registered to a David Duncan who is around 23 years old. He has no other business interests at this stage.

Whilst we know it is, comparative to the market pricing on these games a con, the model of advertising games you don't own to sell at stupid prices, is a well troden one no? The consensus is this is exactly the practice that HLD follow (consensus, not fact), wheras they have stock imagery from times they have had games through the doors, they are allegedly not the games they end up selling. The difference here is that this guy doesn't seem to have the stock imagery, beyond that the business practice is, to that model, not saying HLD do this, but allegedly the same.

Maybe. However, the company is actually a LTD co, registered to a David Duncan who is around 23 years old. He has no other business interests at this stage.

Whilst we know it is, comparative to the market pricing on these games a con, the model of advertising games you don't own to sell at stupid prices, is a well troden one no? The consensus is this is exactly the practice that HLD follow (consensus, not fact), wheras they have stock imagery from times they have had games through the doors, they are allegedly not the games they end up selling. The difference here is that this guy doesn't seem to have the stock imagery, beyond that the business practice is, to that model, not saying HLD do this, but allegedly the same.
The difference here though is that HLD won't take your money for machines they don't have. They will tell you it's out of stock and put you on a waiting list then try and find one. I don't see how this guy can possibly fulfil any orders on rare hard to source games that he doesn't have....and they're all Buy it Now.

The difference here though is that HLD won't take your money for machines they don't have. They will tell you it's out of stock and put you on a waiting list then try and find one. I don't see how this guy can possibly fulfil any orders on rare hard to source games that he doesn't have....and they're all Buy it Now.
HLD are more than happy to take you money in full for products they don’t have and will probably never have either on line or by phone
You could put an Elvira le in your basket checkout and pay in full you are never going to see that

HLD are more than happy to take you money in full for products they don’t have and will probably never have either on line or by phone
You could put an Elvira le in your basket checkout and pay in full you are never going to see that
Yeah that's probably true. On the older games they will just put you on a list and start phoning around to try and get one. I would feel a lot more confident at getting my money back from HLD than a 23yr old in a bungalow in Great Yarmouth though :)

It’s back up for sale again
Didn't this guy have a TOM recently up for sale for ages?
I bought a TOM from him, might be the same one, he's sold a few. It was absolutely stunning, much better than I was expecting. Highly recommended. Neil rates him too.

It's my space station. Still available
Should have bought it when I saw it when I picked up the Robocop from you, looked pretty nice. Thought it was sold though then?
Oh yeah, it was the starter motor on my van which I only changed last week. Thanks again for the push start, legend👍
That was so embarrassing after showing you the stereo, so it wasn't the battery after all☺️

I bought a TOM from him, might be the same one, he's sold a few. It was absolutely stunning, much better than I was expecting. Highly recommended. Neil rates him too.
I wasn’t sure if it was gopinball but had a feeling it was, very nice guy and met him recently. Looks after Neil’s pins I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom