What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By referencing the Pinball Info site he is encouraging prospective buyers to come here for references as to his quality and workmanship.

Not sure that is the best idea ever.

Should that be "quality, workmanship and attitude"?

But then andy did import a picture of Sid Snot as his avatar.

Last edited:
Full set of replacement rubbers

1580295721851.png

Professionally pre worn of course.

Full set of replacement rubbers

View attachment 100893

Professionally pre worn of course.

If you set yourself up by describing something as 'truly stunning condition' then it has to be.

This isn't. No way is it a 3600 FS. At that money I'm not wanting to see ball trails, old nuts and screws etc. I want everything shining like a new pin.
And what the hell is going on here ...are those protector washers ? Why are they there ? Confused

fs.JPG

Holy crap did you know I always just thought that's what he looked like?! Who is Sid Snot?? #aussiealert

As a kid in the early 80s ...Kenny Everett / Sid Snot was godlike. Much impersonated in playgrounds across the land :D As with all these old acts ...you probably had to be there :rofl:

We did get stuff like The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers... even the Dangerous Brothers were passed around on a well worn VHS from those in the know.

Unfortunately some stuff never quite made the jump!

It still surprises me sometimes when I'm at a 40th or whatever and a song will come one and literally everyone will start singing along... and it'll be the first time I've ever heard it. And i like music!! 😆

By referencing the Pinball Info site he is encouraging prospective buyers to come here for references as to his quality and workmanship.

Not sure that is the best idea ever.

He's obviously read that and changed it since.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-185805.png
    Screenshot_20200129-185805.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 79
.....although I have my suspicions there might be other folks within that radius claiming to be elsewhere.

AJJENSEN is the closest as far as I know.
Coincidentally AJ was looking for a Flintstones last month, got the impression he was looking for a cheap one to do up though, this one on ebay wouldn't be any good to him. He did buy a restored TAF from the same seller though, that must have cost a fortune!

That Spectrum on ebay made 1,010 which surprised me. My guess would have been 700 to 800.

It is a relatively stripped out single ball title (made just after the 1981 Golden Era Ballys - Fathom, Centaur etc) but it still has speech.

I thought that the market for pre DMD games had been softening in the past 12 months. The haunted houses are not selling for example.

One swallow does not make a summer/ could be a scam .....

Note to potential buyers, must swap out the special Whitechapel plug/socket arrangement

It's pointless giving our dearly departed professional restorer too much attention. One has to resign oneself to the fact that there are going to be more people like @biglouieuk who will in all innocence end up buying something from him over the odds and finding out that the word "restored" has a very wide interpretation.

Someone searching for deals-are-me pinball ebay will hopefully end up on here and find out the prior work of Andrew Backhouse aka AndyB53 (who can be reached at a.v.backhouse@btinternet.com), check out his posting history, and how he conducts himself, and be able to make their own informed purchasing decision.

If they happen to find this thread, and this post, by sheer chance then they'll be able to find out that he's been banned from here, and why.

Last edited:
It's pointless giving our dearly departed professional restorer too much attention. One has to resign oneself to the fact that there are going to be more people like @biglouieuk who in all innocence end up buying something from him and finding out that the word "restored" has very wide interpretation.

Someone searching for deals-are-me pinball ebay will hopefully end up on here and find out the prior work of Andrew Backhouse aka AndyB53 and be able to make their own informed purchasing decision.

Be good to put a link to the getaway thread in that comment mate. Just good SEO after all 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom