What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone buying off Craigslist is asking for trouble.

Even if it was a cash on collection deal I’d be wary of getting mugged.

There’s always a few obvious pin scams hanging around on there.

That taf was on Craigs list 2 years ago. The exact same add and photos. 100% scam. I messaged him then and would only do transfer. When I said I want to pay cash on collection once seen, I never got any response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b6e3addbd126afe2a1d27c8fb3c6256f.png

As dated at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, this is beating the horse to death somewhat as it concerns a certain A. Backdoor's gilded turd for sale, but I saw this photo from his ebay listing and summat caught my eye...

s-l1600.jpg

What's that metal thing wedged underneath that left-hand red starpost? Surely not a bodge fix for a wobbly post?!

His listing states All capacitors have been replaced, and he even provided a pic:
View attachment 113453
Think he forgot to mention that he replaced them with some old ones he had lying around.
One slight thing - with a colordmd you do not need these capacitors changed.

Here comes the BUT......

If someone pays him over £3K he will be laughing to the bank (or the shoe box under the bed).
After seeing the state of the Getaway on here he did - I feel sorry for the buyer.
We are okay, we know not to buy - but someone will purchase it.
Like HLD games. We know the score but Joe Public does not.

The thing is, if I was Mr Joe Public - and read the comments on his listing - I would steer well away as I would be asking what would happen if there was an issue.......

I am looking forward to him changing his Facebook profile picture to Ronald McDonald.

One slight thing - with a colordmd you do not need these capacitors changed.

Here comes the BUT......

If someone pays him over £3K he will be laughing to the bank (or the shoe box under the bed).
After seeing the state of the Getaway on here he did - I feel sorry for the buyer.
We are okay, we know not to buy - but someone will purchase it.
Like HLD games. We know the score but Joe Public does not.

The thing is, if I was Mr Joe Public - and read the comments on his listing - I would steer well away as I would be asking what would happen if there was an issue.......

I am looking forward to him changing his Facebook profile picture to Ronald McDonald.
He decided to send me a braggy message via Facebook informing me that's it's sold - I thought it was cute he though I give a flying f**k 🤷🏻‍♂️ Poor buyer.

He decided to send me a braggy message via Facebook informing me that's it's sold - I thought it was cute he though I give a flying f**k 🤷🏻‍♂️ Poor buyer.
It's amazing how people just never seem to get over their playground days. It's alright though, he's got plenty of 'friends' he can log into as post reassuring messages of support to himself with.

Last edited:
It's amazing how people just never seem to get over their playground days. It's alright though, he's got plenty of 'friends' he can log into as post reassuring messages of support to himself with.
I wouldnt bother again.

The sad thing is perhaps the buyer believes his side of the story, and believes all his bull. That means the new buyer wont join this forum due to everyone being moaning girls (not my words).

He will carry on with what he does. But like certain other people - you only buy one machine of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom