What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

Thanks [mention]Beowulfz07 [/mention] for schlepping all the way to Warwickshire to do a swap. Very good to meet you chap, and appreciate your help! [emoji106]

Thank you to @astyy for a drop in clinic for a transistor lift and shift on my haunted house.
Back box feature lights all up and flashing after replacing the transistor for the far right lightning cluster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-184828_Motion photo viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-184828_Motion photo viewer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 10
Gottlieb Robowar myPinballs MPU

So I have been having problems with a Robowar I recently picked up, it would just randomly reset. Voltages seemed ok, earths done etc
I ordered a 5v board from Boston pinball just in case, fitted it and was not working only giving out 4v under load. Messages back and forth with BP and getting nowhere.
In the meantime I pinned the reset down to the spinner, would reset randomly- no pattern when hitting it. So I sent the new BP 5v board off to Jim @myPinballs and ordered a new mpu from him as the old one had been repaired quite a few times but from what I have read they always go bad again. So in the meantime BP message me telling me the 5v board has been fitted with a dodgy diode from supplier and that is the problem, great it’s not me then!

Yesterday I received the new mpu from Jim and the now working BP 5v board, left it set to 5v as it has dip switches in 0.1v so you can go upto 5.6v.
Fitted them and fired it up, all good. Played quite a few games ripping that spinner which felt real good with no resets😎

So thanks Jim for building the board for me. Great board that and can highly recommend one for 80b pins. Another one alive and kicking.

Also want to thank @stumblor who sold the machine to me and had it working after repairing the mpu. He even offered to share the cost of the new mpu, it was loaned out when I bought it and sh1t happens so no worries. Top man for offering👍

It really is an amazing machine, in such good condition and sounds amazing!

So yeah just wanted to say thanks😁

So I have been having problems with a Robowar I recently picked up, it would just randomly reset. Voltages seemed ok, earths done etc
I ordered a 5v board from Boston pinball just in case, fitted it and was not working only giving out 4v under load. Messages back and forth with BP and getting nowhere.
In the meantime I pinned the reset down to the spinner, would reset randomly- no pattern when hitting it. So I sent the new BP 5v board off to Jim @myPinballs and ordered a new mpu from him as the old one had been repaired quite a few times but from what I have read they always go bad again. So in the meantime BP message me telling me the 5v board has been fitted with a dodgy diode from supplier and that is the problem, great it’s not me then!

Yesterday I received the new mpu from Jim and the now working BP 5v board, left it set to 5v as it has dip switches in 0.1v so you can go upto 5.6v.
Fitted them and fired it up, all good. Played quite a few games ripping that spinner which felt real good with no resets😎

So thanks Jim for building the board for me. Great board that and can highly recommend one for 80b pins. Another one alive and kicking.

Also want to thank @stumblor who sold the machine to me and had it working after repairing the mpu. He even offered to share the cost of the new mpu, it was loaned out when I bought it and sh1t happens so no worries. Top man for offering👍

It really is an amazing machine, in such good condition and sounds amazing!

nice one mate. Jim’s the man. I will almost certainly be ordering Gottlieb stuff soon.

Jim @myPinballs is the man when it comes to 80b :thumbs: I had one of his MPU boards in my old Night Moves and my Robowar had the sound board repaired by him and it's awesome :D Can't play Robowar without the sound working properly!

The mans a frickin legend. True story

Thanks guys! Really truly thank you for the comments, it really means a lot :) Happy Christmas to all. Ready to shut up shop til the new year now after a long year :) i hope you all get some rest and relaxation over the festive period :) I'm back at it 5th jan 9am sharp!!

My thanks to @Colywobbles for producing for me a couple of airball protectors for my Beatles pin. Airball on the 'Four; drops is well known but I'd have to get an aftermarket set from Stern for that, whilst I have also been getting a lot of airball off the 'FAB' set of drops. You'd probably have to see the original skin and the airball protector side by side to appreciate what Col has done, but suffice to say the work is brilliant.

Attachments

• IMG_2217 (1).JPG
    IMG_2217 (1).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2214 (1).JPG
    IMG_2214 (1).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
So today I belatedly I got the chance to put some time onto my Theatre of Magic after James (Majestic Pinball) spent the best part of a day taking it apart, cleaning, repairing, re-LEDing and (thankfully) putting everything back together again, including shiny new balls from the Pinball Bazaar. Playing super-fast and super-nice - really pleased. Multiple other little adjustments to STTNG, TAF, TZ and Popeye also making a positive difference, so I'm delighted we beat the imposition of Tier 4 and am well set for the holidays. Thank you James - a great job!

Always good to hear of people enjoying their shiny balls - @Clive I would love to see some pics of the LED’d TOM too, I know @MajesticPinball used Comet LED’s - clearly you are a man of taste 😂

So today I belatedly I got the chance to put some time onto my Theatre of Magic after James (Majestic Pinball) spent the best part of a day taking it apart, cleaning, repairing, re-LEDing and (thankfully) putting everything back together again, including shiny new balls from the Pinball Bazaar. Playing super-fast and super-nice - really pleased. Multiple other little adjustments to STTNG, TAF, TZ and Popeye also making a positive difference, so I'm delighted we beat the imposition of Tier 4 and am well set for the holidays. Thank you James - a great job!
Very kind words Clive thank you, a pleasure as always you have an excellent collection and I love looking after them for you. Hope you enjoy them all over Christmas (but especially TOM) 😂

Also a huge shoutout to Comet LEDs, they really are the best product available and now made incredibly easy to get hold of via @James and his bazaar of wonders.

Merry Christmas from Big Helga and myself.
I would just like to say a big thank you for your support over this crazy year.
When I upgraded early in the year it was quite daunting in both investment and adapting a workspace to house Helga’s huge frame.
However things couldn’t have worked out any better then they have and the each and every order has been greatly appreciated.

This year has been a great learning curve and most days have been school days for me and I now feel I have almost perfected my design skills to suit our mad hobby.
Doing some of the custom stuff for members has been especially rewarding and never felt like a chore but more of a challenge. I hope this can continue on for the mutual benefit of everyone here not excluding myself of course as it keeps the wheels turning so to speak.

So a very Happy and hopefully Merry Christmas to one and all and without naming names quite a few of you that have been very generous you know who you are! so Thanks Again.

Stay Safe & feel free to shout if I can help in any way

Col

Yet again a big shout out and Thanks to our very own ChrisB for a stunning example of TSPP.
I asked Chris about a year ago if any nice ones crop up I’m in.
I did offer on one that came up on pinfo but I’m so glad it wasn’t accepted as this is litterally like NIB!

It was originally sold by Phil @ P.H. To Ant (Ant & Dec) and must have sat unused in his huge basement gamesroom as Martin picked up there.

It is immaculate and Chris has blinged it up with all the required mods with ColourDMD, Topper ect ect.

I can’t believe this pins is 14yr old it must have had less than 50 plays

Glass is off to install a few more mods it came with, install art blades and give it a piece of Neil’s invisiglass as it deserves the best.

Thanks again Chris

3B0AD3DB-7CB1-47AA-B442-EE0F95663930.jpegF634A6AA-256E-4120-AD8B-67BE2DC5D106.jpeg58F2A33A-C953-46C0-AAF1-209402699F2B.jpeg49AEF2FD-086B-4492-967B-BBA857680981.jpegE754BD17-4346-4AD6-8B8E-4FCCF8054420.jpegE391AD6E-BBD9-4F09-9905-AD8D16F4D5FF.jpeg5B8E2F1F-3183-446E-8314-E7730ED9DA49.jpegCA9FF151-681F-4745-BF4D-8716A92DB9FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Yet again a big shout out and Thanks to our very own ChrisB for a stunning example of TSPP.
I asked Chris about a year ago if any nice ones crop up I’m in.
I did offer on one that came up on pinfo but I’m so glad it wasn’t accepted as this is litterally like NIB!

It was originally sold by Phil @ P.H. To Ant (Ant & Dec) and must have sat unused in his huge basement gamesroom as Martin picked up there.

It is immaculate and Chris has blinged it up with all the required mods with ColourDMD, Topper ect ect.

I can’t believe this pins is 14yr old it must have had less than 50 plays

Glass is off to install a few more mods it came with, install art blades and give it a piece of Neil’s invisiglass as it deserves the best.

Thanks again Chris

View attachment 130201View attachment 130202View attachment 130203View attachment 130204View attachment 130205View attachment 130206View attachment 130207View attachment 130208
Fair play that looks like new

Back
Top Bottom