What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

We didn't progress to the next round though. There was some good competition and Gary Speight was a worthy winner because one he came on form, he was unbeatable.
Kate was also very strong, Mr Kate also played well. ;)

A huge, huge thank you to everyone that made the UK Pinball Party possible, both myself and Gill thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks to everybody who grafted at the UKPP, in whatever capacity, cheers for making it such an awesome weekend for everyone.

Cheers :D

Dont think he liked Mr Kate Morris!!

I would like to thank Malc/Lori for looking after my beer when I feel asleep in bar Fri night Sat morn

Thanks to Darren for sorting sling plastics for BR. Out on a new site tomorrow. Top Bloke.
Cheers,
Alan.

Cheers to Peter from Special When Lit (Moonraker) for the help with sorting my opto issue with Street Fighter, His simple check your continuity comment helped me find the broken wire on a switch in the same column that was causing the problem, so thanks again for helping my pinball education.

Massive thanks to Montu for his hospitality tonight. Was great to finally put a face to a name and very generous of him to open his house to a relative stranger so I could go around and play his Pins.

Playing some real machines has just reaffirmed what I already new - virtual pinball is all well and good but it's a poor substitute for the real thing. In no particular order I played.

Revenge from Mars: He'd not had this long so he still needs to do a little work on it, but it's largely just a good clean and rerubber that's needed. The first time i've seen a Pinball 2000 machine in a working state and I have to say the technique works really well. In fact so well that it made me a little sad that it didn't take off. Enjoyed playing it and was impressed with the tech but not my favourite machine.

Star Trek The Next Generation: Found it a nice fast table and the launch habitrail made a satisfying noise at ball launch. Lots of ramps and as I often find with these tables it's just so satisfying when you nail the same ramp shot over and over again. Lots to do and see on this table, so much so that I still hadn't figured out everything that was going on by the time I had to leave.

Corvette: A really nice example that just played really well. Fast isn't the word and I found the rule-set really easy to pick up. Even managed a high score of around 750M, which I thought respectable for my first few goes. Love this table and i'd say out of three I played it was the one I enjoyed most. Now cursing having a lack of space as I know these tables are affordable and they sure seem to offer a lot of 'bang for your buck'.

So thanks again Paul. Really appreciated and hopefully will catch up with you again soon. :)

Last edited:
Huge thanks to my good friend Chris/Ronsplooter who yesterday took the day off work to drive me 6 hours round trip, including a traffic jam. Then did some heavy lifting, listened to me bitch/tell the truth about everything and then helped me perform the most awkwardly cumbersome breakdown/rebuild in the entire history of taking things apart and putting them back together.
Also performed in a car park, with no headspace, and involved stairs.

And all out of nothing but friendship.

An asset to the community, and a good buddy always.

Salut

Last edited:
Another Thank You, this time to forum member Jay Walker (David), for supplying me with a Bally MPU and telling me about the jumper settings, It brought an old Mr & Mrs Pacman table back to life far sooner than would have been possible, had I had to save for an Alltek board.
The table was neglected over the years and is in a horrible state. Playfield missing paint, cabinet painted with emulsion and bits stolen, but I'm trying to tidy it up slowly, If I'm happy with how it turns out I'll post some pics to illustrate what I'm on about.

One of the highlights of Daventry was the Mr & Mrs Pac Man – the first Pin I ever really played back in about 1983. Keep up the good work.

Huge thanks to my good friend Chris/Ronsplooter who yesterday took the day off work to drive me 6 hours round trip, including a traffic jam. Then did some heavy lifting, listened to me bitch/tell the truth about everything and then helped me perform the most awkwardly cumbersome breakdown/rebuild in the entire history of taking things apart and putting them back together.
Also performed in a car park, with no headspace, and involved stairs.

And all out of nothing but friendship.

An asset to the community, and a good buddy always.

Salut

Chris is one of the best. I have recommended him for promotion :cool:

Thanks to pinball war hero, Sgt Grizz, for spending some time answering tech questions and airlifting some fuses to me.

Cheers buddy. This particular battle isn't over yet.

My thanks to CoolDan for coming over twice in the last week to collect CFTBL and TAF and keep them company whilst I try to move house.
It is the fact he drove over, helped break down and move CFTBL to his car (the kitchen door is 2cm too narrow) then repeated it for TAF. I wouldn't let them go to anyone and know they are safe hands that will be play them and looked after. Hopefully, they won't get hit by his revolving door.

nonsense, i think i get a pretty good deal: i get to borrow two top titles.

but right back atcha - thanks to Geoff aka Calimori for helping me more than any other to get my hands dirty and contemplate trying to diagnose and fix pinball errors. over the year or so i've known him, he's helped me drilling holes in toys' heads to install home made mods, and taught me to work out about voltage drops and resistors. he's shown me how to attempt reading a schematic. he's helped chase down switch matrix issies, and DMD issues, and sticky flippers and broken boards, and showed me how to use a multimeter. he's soldered and desoldered capacitors, and he even helped to take apart my generator.

Massive thanks to Andy the Legend for taking AFM home after its pretty spectacular failure at the UKPP and working his magic on it.

Spectacular? Pray tell.

I played that and it was gorgeous, failure would have been the last thing on my mind.

Flashers were playing up before taking it and I couldn't work out why. On the Saturday morning, it then packed up altogether. Andy took it home for me and found that a diode had gone through a coil wrapper hitting the 60v - who knew?! Anyway, back now, thanks to the Legend, to its former glory and playing like a dream! Hurrah!!!

A huge thank you to Gary, aka Mooseman for helping me (or should I say me helping/hindering him) swap over the top ramp on my Jokerz. We had to re-design and invent riveting tools to get the job done.
Also when he popped out to pick his son up I got the grand champion on his AC DC premium (no I didn't take the glass off) with a score of over 120mil.
With a cracking sausage butty for lunch a good day indeed.
Cheers Adie

A very big thank you to the team that worked very, very hard last Sunday, painting, gardening, sweeping, cleaning, more painting and all sorts of other odd jobs....

10:30am till 6pm. Awesome job everyone! :D Just need the landlord to sort the roof out now.... :mad: & :rolleyes:

DSC_0077s.jpg

Thanks very much to @Onze for having me over to play on his pins last night, plus everyone else for making a newbie feel welcome (and Andy for schooling me on how to REALLY play Demolition Man).

Also thanks to @Mooseman and @Adrian Hufton for similarly inviting me round for some games and the many tips and pieces of advice you've already given me, before I've even got a pin :)

Rog

Another big thanks to Onze for last nights pinball sesion but more so for making me a sandwich as I skipped my tea to get round to play some pinball and meet up with the Northern lot.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom