What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Terminator 2 Restoration

Congratulations on this, you have got some skills!!!

Top quality work and not just the cabinet which reminds me of the legendary Mannys work😎
Do you know how many hours roughly you put into it?

Fancy a holiday in Pembrokeshire as I have a few jobs that need doing😂

Good luck with the TAF, not that you need it.

Congratulations on this, you have got some skills!!!

Top quality work and not just the cabinet which reminds me of the legendary Mannys work😎
Do you know how many hours roughly you put into it?

Fancy a holiday in Pembrokeshire as I have a few jobs that need doing😂

Good luck with the TAF, not that you need it.
Cheers mate, I really appreciate it. I’ve learnt loads doing this restore, both good and bad 😂.

In regards to hours, I haven’t a clue. I didn’t make a note of how much time I spent on it which I regret not doing.

However I’ve made a point to note down the time spent on TAF every time I work on it. I’m actually working on 2 of them 😬. My one and someone else’s.

I’ve been playing this a lot over the past couple of days making sure any bugs were sorted. The only thing I had to adjust was the right wire form.

I would say 1 in every 6-8 games I played at first, the ball would get stuck at the end of the wire form and not enter the canon.
This was an easy fix, as all I had to do was to unscrew it and move the wire form over to the left by a couple of mm.

Since doing that, the ball flys into the cannon with ease.

I’ve been playing this a lot over the past couple of days making sure any bugs were sorted. The only thing I had to adjust was the right wire form.

I would say 1 in every 6-8 games I played at first, the ball would get stuck at the end of the wire form and not enter the canon.
This was an easy fix, as all I had to do was to unscrew it and move the wire form over to the left by a couple of mm.

Since doing that, the ball flys into the cannon with ease.
You know when you're near done when you're at the dialing in phase :D

I’ve installed the 3 main music packs that I downloaded from PinSound. The original, Re-orchestrated and the movie theme, the later 2 being my preference.

There is a new one that’s just been uploaded to the PinSound website, but it’s a bit to techno for me 😂.
For me, when I think of the soundtrack for T2, I always think of GNR’s, You Could Be Mine. I was only 11 when the film originally came out so the only chance I had seeing any of the film was by watching there music video, which at the time seemed to be on constant loop on MTV 😂.

My plan it to try and create my own soundtrack package for the game using You Could Be Mine as the main track.

I’ve installed the 3 main music packs that I downloaded from PinSound. The original, Re-orchestrated and the movie theme, the later 2 being my preference.

There is a new one that’s just been uploaded to the PinSound website, but it’s a bit to techno for me 😂.
For me, when I think of the soundtrack for T2, I always think of GNR’s, You Could Be Mine. I was only 11 when the film originally came out so the only chance I had seeing any of the film was by watching there music video, which at the time seemed to be on constant loop on MTV 😂.

My plan it to try and create my own soundtrack package for the game using You Could Be Mine as the main track.

Oh sweet you added the pinsound shaker motor?

I think now everything seems to be dailed in I’m going to finally update this thread to complete, so I can crack on to the next one and start a new build log.

Big thank you to everyone who have been following the the build.
This is the 1st pin I’ve restored and on paper it’s taken me a year to complete. However 3 months of that was wasted due to delays I had with the original plating company 🙄and the fact that I didn’t do much in December and January as it was to cold for me in the garage 😂.

My wife has said she has bought me a perfect accessory to add to the pin as a surprise finishing touch, so looking forward to seeing what this is. 🤔

Before
9E66048C-2BCC-44F4-9FF5-BBE873C782FC.jpeg54CD1713-2A74-4632-8D77-26F620F86B03.jpeg4D5D3D8D-30B6-4725-BA5A-C5FA8D7D78F2.jpeg7FDC4A79-71E6-47C0-B560-F67FDC2677CE.jpeg
77059990-B7FE-4F31-90CD-FED61F4AF512.jpegE674CDB9-4D79-48F2-8EFB-0EFBD0F95E31.jpeg
2611E76F-22C9-4BD7-BAA3-E971B0D186D9.jpeg

After
158DB93E-E472-46FF-BE7A-62C16197C21A.pngC73E28DA-C568-4989-ADBF-974A20A08C87.jpegE0F3B10E-D032-4EC4-9DE3-2A173B9F57E8.png
F66DE7B0-A6EC-4E27-B66F-8F7AD50F2008.jpeg

Saw the video on YouTube looked stunning! One of the best restores/upgrades I have ever seen, the attention to detail is admirable and impressive!

The only thing I thought was some chrome t-moulding in the head would look sweet, so much chrome everywhere else cabinet heads missing out.

Last edited:

I use the sound package in that second video.

It's stunning, I wouldn't want to go near it 😆

But I hate to be that guy, what's with super mint lovely restored pins with bad flipper alignment? Correct me if I'm wrong but I align to the rollpins with rubber off. I know some align with rubber on but most of the games I've set up have worked better with the flippers aligned with rubber off (or you can pop a cocktail stick in the hole and between the flipper bat and rubber.

Then adjust if the ball hops but usually it's fine. A few of my games came with the flippers aligned too high and upon even moving them a few mm suddenly shots were much nicer!
I'm really obsessive over my games feeling nice to play and apparently it is worth the time as I've had many comments of people saying they play really nice or comments like "your one plays way nicer".
I've been accused of being too OCD with my flipper alignment and ball guide tweaking many times but I think it's worth it 😆

Sorry if I'm wrong but trust me to notice that among one of the nicest looking pins I've seen.
Yes it probably comes down to personal opinion too.

Congrats on all your time and hard work you have put into this machine.
She is a thing of beauty , enjoy.

It's stunning, I wouldn't want to go near it 😆

But I hate to be that guy, what's with super mint lovely restored pins with bad flipper alignment? Correct me if I'm wrong but I align to the rollpins with rubber off. I know some align with rubber on but most of the games I've set up have worked better with the flippers aligned with rubber off (or you can pop a cocktail stick in the hole and between the flipper bat and rubber.

Then adjust if the ball hops but usually it's fine. A few of my games came with the flippers aligned too high and upon even moving them a few mm suddenly shots were much nicer!
I'm really obsessive over my games feeling nice to play and apparently it is worth the time as I've had many comments of people saying they play really nice or comments like "your one plays way nicer".
I've been accused of being too OCD with my flipper alignment and ball guide tweaking many times but I think it's worth it 😆

Sorry if I'm wrong but trust me to notice that among one of the nicest looking pins I've seen.
Yes it probably comes down to personal opinion too.
Personally for me, I’ve always adjusted the flippers with the rubbers on, but that’s just my preference.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it.

My wife clearly thinks she’s a comedian, as this is what her “ perfect accessory” present for me turned out to be 😂🙄
1793A1AF-EB25-427B-9432-C9694801B4D6.jpeg

She said they will stop me whinging about the finger and palm prints 🤔

I just want to say thank you to everyone I spoke to over the weekend at Pinfest and all kind comments and remarks about my T2. I wasn’t too if I wanted to actually take it to the show but I’m glad I did, as it was a fanstastic weekend.

It was placed next to @Big Phil own T2 which was great as it was like a before an after.

Other than one ball jam, the game didn’t miss a beat, which I didn’t expect at all especially with the amount of plays it had 😮

Ive just put it back in the line up and I’m now frantically trying to polish all the finger print marks out the chrome, while my wife is laughing her head off at me 😂

27439AD0-B795-4B31-A8F5-98776ADDF183.jpeg8886B8ED-2FA5-4269-B789-2E15212CA53B.jpeg02E512CC-D15B-4E0F-BEE1-0C67A8BE40C5.jpeg386297AD-E1A8-4611-986C-FAFF676F81E8.jpeg31BDFB94-92BC-4C1E-9222-98D869E7981E.jpegC0CAFAF3-39B9-416E-9F57-FAB32C6EDF95.jpeg
5E3DAC78-F921-4774-8E73-6B1E377C3722.jpeg

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you to everyone I spoke to over the weekend at Pinfest and all kind comments and remarks about my T2. I wasn’t too if I wanted to actually take it to the show but I’m glad I did, as it was a fanstastic weekend.

It was placed next to @Big Phil own T2 which was great as it was like a before an after.

Other than one ball jam, the game didn’t miss a beat, which I didn’t expect at all especially with the amount of plays it had 😮

Ive just put it back in the line up and I’m now frantically trying to polish all the finger print marks out the chrome, while my wife is laughing her head off at me 😂

View attachment 178855View attachment 178854View attachment 178853View attachment 178852View attachment 178849View attachment 178848
View attachment 178857

It looked even more stunning close up, I managed to get one quick game on it over the weekend, playing with fingertips I was never going to get any decent score. I’m still in shock you took it to pinfest, that’s not something I’m brave enough to do.
Hats off to you and congratulations on your well deserved prize.

Thank you for bringing the T2 to Pinfest.

Back
Top Bottom