What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete STTNG - Flipper Rebuild, left, Right, Upper Right - First time using a soildering Iron! Subway clean and Ball Popper, Opto Rebuild and other things:)

PXL_20201205_203521856.jpg
Machine is coming back together, trough opto fitted.

Divertor coils, correct top one and brackets fitted.PXL_20201205_203526659.jpg

Ball hopper assembly fitted, cleaned correct bracket and plunger fittedPXL_20201205_203534046.jpgPXL_20201205_203539811.jpg

New plastic things for flippers fitted :)PXL_20201205_203610839.jpg

Waiting for the fliptronic board to come back, need to solder the divertor coils, fit new fuses on board, fit 11 comet LCD bulbs, replaced ones underneath the subway. Then switch on and watch it not work *LoL*

PXL_20201212_133623626.jpgPXL_20201212_133632167.jpgPXL_20201212_133638091.jpg

Got the Launch Gun handle back, looking good (well a million times better than it did :)

Worked on the Last Ball hopper assembly, was waiting for two missing opto (i ordered two less than I should)

Two new wires fitted to the molex. (wires and molex pis courtesy of Phil at Pinball heaven :)) The two previous wires for the coil had been spliced together.

Re-assembled ready to fit onto the machinePXL_20201218_105954172.jpgPXL_20201218_105956889.jpgPXL_20201218_114444395.jpg

PXL_20201218_131227676.jpgPXL_20201218_134732465.jpgPXL_20201218_134734848.jpg

Re-asembled the last of the playfield. Soldered the divertors and re-fitted the left flipper coil.

Not looking too bad, considering I have never even seen under a machine before and my soldering and electrical knowledge is is zero!

PXL_20201218_141940636.jpg

FlipTronic board back fro Phil at Pinball Heaven. A big thanks to pinball heaven for fixing the issues on the board and reparing my diods!

Nervous about turning the machine on, will it work? £50 says no!

PXL_20201218_143434078.jpgPXL_20201218_143436939.jpg

Ran through all the dagnostics test, all flippers now working. left flipper hold resolved! Board repair by pinball heaven resolved this finally.

However tried to play a game, machine can't find the balls, issues simialr to jsut before I switched it off for good.

Looked at the PowerDriver Board, LED 7 out, fuse blown, had just changed it, I changed all the fuses.

F114 fuse blows, get a message on test results about check fuses.

Call Pinball heaven up, appears some sort of problem with the board, packed the board and shipped to pinball heaven.

Note to self, owe £25 rather than £50. The original problem has finally been resolved. Been like it almost since I purchased the machine.

Hopefully the board repair will reolve this other issue.

That handle powder coated or just sprayed? looks good anyhow.

You are getting on rightly with it now, i did tell you it can be a head scratcher once stuff starts to go wrong, but at least you are giving it a go, big respect dude.
Must get around after Christmas when the Zombies have left or we are all vaccinated up

That handle powder coated or just sprayed? looks good anyhow.

You are getting on rightly with it now, i did tell you it can be a head scratcher once stuff starts to go wrong, but at least you are giving it a go, big respect dude.
Must get around after Christmas when the Zombies have left or we are all vaccinated up
Its powder coated by a company near the docks.

Thanks, its been a bit of a challenge, I have new wiring looms for the canons, wasn't gonig to fit them yet but as the board needs repairing I might. :) I'm also got a lot better a soldering! (After de-soldering and fitting new Opto's throughout the machine, flippers and changing most of the coils) The canon wiring looms are looking less daunting.

Sure that would be great, Covid kind of stopped any contact.

I have lots of bulbs (as I have changed most of them to LED's), working coils of various types (taken from the machine) which might work on some of your other machines if your interested in them?

Last edited:
Its powder coated by a company near the docks.

Thanks, its been a bit of a challenge, I have new wiring looms for the canons, wasn't gonig to fit them yet but as the board needs repairing I might. :)

Sure that would be great, Covid kind of stopped any contact.

I have lots of bulbs, working coils of various types (taken from the machine) which might work on some of your other machines if your interested in them?
It's been one of those projects, the only actual problem was the fliptronic board and the left flipper coil, interlinked with each other. However the rubbers needed changing, which lead to the machine been cleaned, which lead to the subway being cleaned, which lead to replacing stuff, as I had to take the whole thing aprart to get to it! *lol*
The power driver board issue is a new one and unknown if its been lurking for a while or new, the general illumination was always alittle strange, it would be on on sometimes and off others, some bulbs for general ilumination on, some off. I suspect based on the fuse blowing, Led 7 and finding a post online regarding a T2 machine doing simalrs things its linked to the power driver board.

It's been one of those projects, the only actual problem was the fliptronic board and the left flipper coil, interlinked with each other. However the rubbers needed changing, which lead to the machine been cleaned, which lead to the subway being cleaned, which lead to replacing stuff, as I had to take the whole thing aprart to get to it! *lol*
The power driver board issue is a new one and unknown if its been lurking for a while or new, the general illumination was always alittle strange, it would be on on sometimes and off others, some bulbs for general ilumination on, some off. I suspect based on the fuse blowing, Led 7 and finding a post online regarding a T2 machine doing simalrs things its linked to the power driver board.

Recieved the power driver board back from pinball heaven with some canon cover screws and backglass translight plastic.

Fitted the board back today, the million dollar question will it work?

After 4 months, lots of head scratching, two board repairs (Different boards) its finanlly working! (almost 100% :))

Having played the machine for a couple of hours there one strange problem that happens from time to time.

When the ball hopper launchers the ball into the left gun, the ball locks into the gun, gun starts to move from right to left, you fire the ball, ball launches correctly and you continue to play, however the machine thinks the ball is still in the left cannon. If you press the launch trigger again, (whilst still playing) it registers and no longer thinks the ball is in the cannon.

Any ideas?

Switch on ball launcher? The one where the gun trigger pushes a pin to activate (front of machine)

Canon wiring loom?

Canon opto?

Any other ideas?
Any help much appreciated?

Last edited:
As I changed nearly all the opto's wanted to know how to check they are all working corectly in the subway. What would be the best way to do this please?

From playing the machine I am 99% sure they are all correct, however would like to be 100% :)

Last edited:
and the final sometimes a problem problem, when the ball launches from the left ball hopper, it fires too hard and the ball jumps over the wire and down the drain, or lands in other strange places.

The ball hopper has been completly been rebuilt with the correct new parts.

I was thinking it might be a level issue, but the machine is pretty level (with a spirt level) and almost 6.5 slopped using a phone app.

Any ideas?

Old camera phone or a proper digital camera will show if the transmitters are lighting or not.

multimeter Can show you if the receivers are receiving

level on the playfield or just on the glass ?

Probably the cannon plunger getting stuck after launching the ball so the optos are activated and the game thinks there is still a ball in the cannon.

Old camera phone or a proper digital camera will show if the transmitters are lighting or not.

level on the playfield or just on the glass

level on the playfield or just on the glass ?

Not sure I have a digital camera, I might have in the junk pile :) how do you do this?

Regarding the multimter what setting should it be, read, would it be on from the left to the right wire?

Level is on the playfield.

Probably the cannon plunger getting stuck after launching the ball so the optos are activated and the game thinks there is still a ball in the cannon.
Thanks, how could I test this, the plunger is going fireing and it appears to be going back correctly?

Back
Top Bottom