What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Venom

Venom as a character is from the 80s, never made it to TV/Films back then and is far less known. I think Venom is very niche and never really broke out from being a Spiderman costume.

👆👆👆

That's what I was asking about @Silverpaolo mate. I wasn't rubbishing the machine before I'd seen it . . . . I was just unaware of the franchise until very recently.

👆👆👆

That's what I was asking about @Silverpaolo mate. I wasn't rubbishing the machine before I'd seen it . . . . I was just unaware of the franchise until very recently.
No drama buddy I’m not a big venom fan at all , I haven’t watched any of the films nor read the cartoons … I was just saying it’s interesting how stern Manage to do a pin so well you can sometimes over look the theme because as a package the pins is great

No drama buddy I’m not a big venom fan at all , I haven’t watched any of the films nor read the cartoons … I was just saying it’s interesting how stern Manage to do a pin so well you can sometimes over look the theme because as a package the pins is great

Absolutely. Rush was like that for me.

I didn't know the band and wasn't overly keen on the look of it but it was a decent game.

GBP / USD = 1.29, it's moving in the right direction for imports.
I'd guess there's quite a gap until changes pass through to retail pricing. I obviously don't know how the various parties between a buyer and Stern operate, but if I was in that industry then I'd have hedged against forex changes in a big way over the last few years - the risk of major fluctuations caused by our current government's ineptitude would keep me up at night otherwise!!

I suspect Stern licensing works at least partially on what's being released in the cinema - a film release is likely to increase knowledge of the IP, even if using comic book inspired artwork and this was probably meant to come out closer to the film release.

I'd guess there's quite a gap until changes pass through to retail pricing. I obviously don't know how the various parties between a buyer and Stern operate, but if I was in that industry then I'd have hedged against forex changes in a big way over the last few years - the risk of major fluctuations caused by our current government's ineptitude would keep me up at night otherwise!!

Hedging costs money to lock in a guaranteed rate for a given period - it's not free, it's there to stop you losing out on committed costs, but it's a gamble - if the exchange rate goes the other way, then you've committed to a rate that is no longer competitive.

Given Electrocoin aren't forced to 'honour' any price, it doesn't make any sense for them to spend the extra on hedging

👆👆👆

@Gonzo @cyberkryten Just cause your are unaware doesn't mean a theme is unknown

Venom is a massive grossing comic and hugely popular character in the wider universe. Its been a poorly handled property buy Sony that's why I'm hedging Marvel went the comic route over film assets.

I'm super excited to see what this one is like

When the pound crashed down to 1.10 $ the advertised retail price here changed pretty much overnight ...

I think you may be confused with Agent Venom ……… If this is your Punisher

View attachment 224864
Ah yeah he has the spider logo not the skull good spot! Curious then if the rumours about other marvel hero’s like hulk, cap, punisher, etc will feature in this but Venomised.

Lots of possibilities with this licence hopefully Stern go all out like they did with Deadpool.

Venom is a massive grossing comic and hugely popular character in the wider universe. Its been a poorly handled property buy Sony that's why I'm hedging Marvel went the comic route over film assets.

It's a popular comic book, yeah, but it hasn't broken out into the mainstream in any meaningful way which is why it is a bit of surprise to be doing it now (and why I suspect it was meant to tie in with the film launch). Ask people generally to name superheroes or villains - most people will be able to reel off a list but few will name Venom.

I'm interested but not prepared to buy this one unseen (which I did with AIQ, DP and Foo)

Hope this isn’t true, where’s the Brian Eddy that made Shadow!?
—————————
The playfield . 2 flipper fan layout . 4 ramps . vertical ball lock that looks like it feeds from back .Looks like AIQ . inovation spinner that leads to jump ramp , open playfield packed in back. 3 mini wizard modes, a captive ball target leads ball behind up a wire rail to something I couldn't see.

If Stranger Things hadn't been saved by the theme and UV kit, it would have been a stinker imo. Bog standard fan layout and a central bash toy

It's a popular comic book, yeah, but it hasn't broken out into the mainstream in any meaningful way which is why it is a bit of surprise to be doing it now (and why I suspect it was meant to tie in with the film launch). Ask people generally to name superheroes or villains - most people will be able to reel off a list but few will name Venom.

I'm interested but not prepared to buy this one unseen (which I did with AIQ, DP and Foo)
How is it not mainstream with three blockbuster movies? I think most people who are in to movies or comic books can name Venom. Maybe not the other characters from the world, but Venom is mainstream.

Who’s out?

I’m out
I was "out" as soon as NIB pins hit above £7k...... Not that i could have afforded that either...
As for ordering before sight unseen.... Pfft... not happening.

Last one i wanted was CCR - and that didnt happen either... (and still hasnt!).

Shame people still order at the rediculous prices Stern sell them for now - FOMO more than anything else. Maybe they would get the message then....
(Sorry - Rant over!!!)

I'd argue Venom is absolutely mainstream.

I'm sure some would argue Venom was more mainstream than Deadpool was until Ryan Reynolds got his wish and brought DP to a whole new audience. Although, if I remember correctly, Venom 1 grossed more than Deadpool 1 at cinemas.

I'd argue Venom is absolutely mainstream.

I'm sure some would argue Venom was more mainstream than Deadpool was until Ryan Reynolds got his wish and brought DP to a whole new audience. Although, if I remember correctly, Venom 1 grossed more than Deadpool 1 at cinemas.
I agree... Venom has been mainstream since 2007's Spiderman 3

Venom will be a win for Stern hands down...

I have virtually no interest in superhero comics or films. x men, Avengers etc never seen any of them, watched less than 3 mins of that ridiculous film about the talking tree and the raccoon before I gave up.

However, even I have vaguely heard of a character called Venom. Not 100% sure who he/it is though. Isn’t it something to do with the black Spider-Man costume?
I’d imagine people into the genre know exactly who the character is.

I have virtually no interest in superhero comics or films.

i‘m like that with anything horror/zombie. less than zero interest.

However, even I have vaguely heard of a character called Venom. Not 100% sure who he/it is though. Isn’t it something to do with the black Spider-Man costume?
He’s one of the 4 baddies on my 2007 Spider-Man, and for me at least he’s staying that way.

@Gonzo @cyberkryten Just cause your are unaware doesn't mean a theme is unknown

I wasn't suggesting it was unknown. I was enquiring NOT telling. I honestly didn't know if it was cult or mainstream . . . . I can clearly now see that people are very passionate about the character.

I didn't know if it was an old comic or a recent film based superhero.

I haven’t watched the films or read the comics, but I understand Venom is some kind of alien parasite/symbiote that gives people superhero powers at the risk of becoming evil (or something).

[Yep, folks, I know more about Venom than Foo Fighters].

I agree... Venom has been mainstream since 2007's Spiderman 3

Venom will be a win for Stern hands down...
And Venom was featured pretty heavily on the original spidey pin. There was a whole section of the playfield dedicated to him. Best character on there!!

Plot Twist it might not be Venom and some Jurassic Park Anniversary Edition.

Or maybe it's Jaws..

Plot Twist it might not be Venom and some Jurassic Park Anniversary Edition.

Or maybe it's Jaws..
If JAWs is in fact Elwins early 2024 release and he pulls off a GodZilla with it, that things going to sell crazy numbers.

Something new is going on with the playfield and artwork, Martinez let that much slip, 3D artwork seems to be the rumour, although that would make way more sense on a new Avatar pin.

Back
Top Bottom