What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Venom

thing is buddy ...who would of really picked Godzilla or foo fighters really ? you simply can't write venom off chances are a lot of us will be ordering one upon reveal ....stern just make great packaged pins ( art, theme, layout, code) its hard to argue

No, I'm not writing it off mate . . . I'm asking a question. I know Superman etc are long established characters but didn't know if this was a new thing or not.

I'd honestly never heard of the character, when I first saw the film billboard I actually thought it was spiderman.

Obviously I've always been very aware of Godzilla and absolutely know how popular Foo Fighters are.

Unless you are an LE must have, why not wait. wait until it’s out and played and reviewed. if it’s a belter, buy one, if it’s average pass. if it is good they will make plenty.
agreed Alan , I wouldn't buy a Le unseen , theyll be plenty of pro and premiums about

Appears Venom prices are the same as Foo Fighters is in the US. So I would think machine prices in the UK are the same as the current Foo UK prices. I can't remember how much a Foo LE was from Pinball Heaven though.

I wonder if things have changed regarding payments for all Sterns going forward though ? with Phil saying "payment in full due when game announced! They want payment with order now..."

No, I'm not writing it off mate . . . I'm asking a question. I know Superman etc are long established characters but didn't know if this was a new thing or not.

I'd honestly never heard of the character, when I first saw the film billboard I actually thought it was spiderman.

Obviously I've always been very aware of Godzilla and absolutely know how popular Foo Fighters are.
Yeah he’s super well known and extremely popular at least within the circles that are into the comics etc. Like pinball it’s popular with us nutters!

The game looks packed with characters from the trailer I can see, Venom, Carnage, Scream, Man-Spider or Doppelgänger hard to tell, Venom Punisher, Anti-Venom, Gwenom and possibly Mania.

So maybe a battle type game/code like Deadpool? Really interested to see what Eddy did with the layout and what Dwight has in store with the code, it was originally supposed to release last year at SDCC, so code should be pretty much complete by now.

Yeah he’s super well known and extremely popular at least within the circles that are into the comics etc. Like pinball it’s popular with us nutters!

The game looks packed with characters from the trailer I can see, Venom, Carnage, Scream, Man-Spider or Doppelgänger hard to tell, Venom Punisher, Anti-Venom, Gwenom and possibly Mania.

So maybe a battle type game/code like Deadpool? Really interested to see what Eddy did with the layout and what Dwight has in store with the code, it was originally supposed to release last year at SDCC, so code should be pretty much complete by now.
hope its not just a replica or dead pool though that would be a shame , it needs to fetch something a bit different to the table

hope its not just a replica or dead pool though that would be a shame , it needs to fetch something a bit different to the table
Way too many characters in the teaser for a Deadpool copy, those characters listed above are just the ones I am sure of, there are about 3 or 4 others at least who could be other Symbiotes.

Plus Dwight seems to be trying to do different stuff game to game, pretty excited to see what Dwight comes up with.

Looks like it could be based on Absolute Carnage or Planet of the Symbiotes which would make the most sense as Spider-Man (Miles Morales) can be seen in the trailer and that story event revolves around a Symbiote invasion coming to earth.

If it’s based on that it would also back up the rumours that Ironman, Hulk, Cap and others are in this game, well Venomised versions of them, Venomised Punisher can be seen in the trailer.

Way too many characters in the teaser for a Deadpool copy, those characters listed above are just the ones I am sure of, there are about 3 or 4 others at least who could be other Symbiotes.

Plus Dwight seems to be trying to do different stuff game to game, pretty excited to see what Dwight comes up with.

Looks like it could be based on Absolute Carnage or Planet of the Symbiotes which would make the most sense as Spider-Man (Miles Morales) can be seen in the trailer and that story event revolves around a Symbiote invasion coming to earth.

If it’s based on that it would also back up the rumours that Ironman, Hulk, Cap and others are in this game, well Venomised versions of them, Venomised Punisher can be seen in the trailer.
Please stop making it sound good.

My grail comic book was Amazing Spider-Man 300 until I eventually found a great condition one for £30!

First appearance of Venom and came out the week I was born!

Excited to see what the machine looks like and maybe one will be in my future…

I’m out of buying the LE though with FF arriving recently haha.

I am so glad this wasn’t BTTF 😂😂😂

Ahh thanks mate, wasn't sure whether is was cult, mainstream, new or old.

They'll probably sell a few then.

Ahh thanks mate, wasn't sure whether is was cult, mainstream, new or old.

They'll probably sell a few then.
They will sell a boat load mate like they always do. Just look at Pinside I think it was maybe me and two others excited for Venom.

Every other comment was meh, easy pass etc etc, now a little artwork has been shown in the teaser everyone’s always wanted a Venom pin 😂

Interested to see what Eddy comes up with he’s made some classics but 50/50 at Stern since his return. Dwight is hit and miss thankfully more hits than misses so if both are on their A game it could be great!

They will sell a boat load mate like they always do. Just look at Pinside I think it was maybe me and two others excited for Venom.

Every other comment was meh, easy pass etc etc, now a little artwork has been shown in the teaser everyone’s always wanted a Venom pin 😂

Interested to see what Eddy comes up with he’s made some classics but 50/50 at Stern since his return. Dwight is hit and miss thankfully more hits than misses so if both are on their A game it could be great!

Yeah, will be interesting to see if he goes for his usual layout. I think Pulp Fiction and Foo Fighters have shown that people are happy to have something different if it's good.

Yeah Stop It !

You will have me reaching for my phone 😂
At these prices I want to see the playfield first and code (no excuse for this not being at 1.0 it’s had an extra year of development).

Love Eddy but he’s hit and miss so far at Stern 50/50 and Dwight occasionally misses, could be a Foo fighters then again could easily be another Bond.

Appears Venom prices are the same as Foo Fighters is in the US. So I would think machine prices in the UK are the same as the current Foo UK prices. I can't remember how much a Foo LE was from Pinball Heaven though.

I wonder if things have changed regarding payments for all Sterns going forward though ? with Phil saying "payment in full due when game announced! They want payment with order now..."

I think Phil did say before they now want the money up front. As for the price of a Foo LE, I don't want to think about it but I ordered before I realised how much they'd gone up and it came as a shock!

With house purchase incoming.. I’m selling not buying 😭

House sale incoming means I have less space so the same!

id guess it will go great at the side of dead pool , Godzilla and Spiderman by the sounds of it its going to feature more than venom , possibly similar to Spiderman with other characters featured

As someone that has all those (plus GoTG and AIQ LE) and got back into pinball by accidentally buying a Spiderman to sit underneath my signed comic book cover (and having a ton of other signed comic book canvasses on the walls) I'm bang on target market for this, but I'm not sure about it. It just really doesn't excite me, certainly not enough to buy one unseen (more of a space issue than $$$ but current pricing is def a factor).

Venom is a decent character but I don't think is up there with many of the others. Certainly doesn't have the billing/promo to suggest it 'sells' - the canvases have many editions and in most characters have multiple covers but Venom (IIRC) only has one from the entire editions. Hulk/Thor/Ironman have several and Spiderman has loads - one reason is many of those have historic (both in date terms and in impact) covers to call on from the entire history of Marvel. It doesn't rank highly in 'best' lists and the recent films weren't great.

Venom as a character is from the 80s, never made it to TV/Films back then and is far less known. I think Venom is very niche and never really broke out from being a Spiderman costume.

Hope this isn’t true, where’s the Brian Eddy that made Shadow!?
—————————
The playfield . 2 flipper fan layout . 4 ramps . vertical ball lock that looks like it feeds from back .Looks like AIQ . inovation spinner that leads to jump ramp , open playfield packed in back. 3 mini wizard modes, a captive ball target leads ball behind up a wire rail to something I couldn't see.

Pinside saying that LEs will be on the line in Sept... That seems like one hell of a wait with Stern wanting payment upfront!?

I had no interest when I heard FF as a theme… ordered one after gameplay reveals 😆
I need to hear the music :cool: I've played Foo at Funland twice now. First time, it was a really busy Friday night with loads of people in the arcade, couldn't hear the music, and started having second thoughts about going for a JP2. Last time I went in, it was during the working day after an appointment, arcade was empty... and boy, oh boy, I could not stand the music on FF. Or the callouts. If I bought one, it'd be like Neil's Disco Maiden - I'd have to change all the music. And it still wouldn't fix the callouts. I basically played The Beatles afterwards for ages to give my ears a rest (sorry to all the Foo fans present) :eek:

Back
Top Bottom