What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Venom

Love to see the continued updates for Venom. I'm still relatively new to the game, am level 36 and lost on the final phase of Grendell last time I played so the unlockable characters getting their own themes feels like even more reason to hit up Retroids to see if I can finish it for the first time this weekend.

Love to see the continued updates for Venom. I'm still relatively new to the game, am level 36 and lost on the final phase of Grendell last time I played so the unlockable characters getting their own themes feels like even more reason to hit up Retroids to see if I can finish it for the first time this weekend.
If you take too long Grendel swaps the bladdy flippers until you make a lit shot. Totally effing infuriating, but cool at the same time.

If you take too long Grendel swaps the bladdy flippers until you make a lit shot. Totally effing infuriating, but cool at the same time.
Yeah I definitely drained the first time that happened but it was the first time I'd experienced anything like that in pinball so it was a great moment.

I had an incredible run, got him to phase 4 on ball 2 and then completely messed up ball 3 and haven't gotten anywhere close since.

Having to rehit the lit shots to get back into a battle for a relative new player is pretty mean but I get it.

I do wonder how many people have been able to see Klyntarr multiball, the final wizard mode - it feels like it'd be pretty tough to achieve all those objectives in a single game.

I do wonder how many people have been able to see Klyntarr multiball, the final wizard mode - it feels like it'd be pretty tough to achieve all those objectives in a single game.

I noticed that they added Challenge Modes for Knull on the .97 code yesterday so I would imagine at some point Klyntarr multiball will also be a challenge mode. It will be the only way someone like me will see it. Most I have managed to light up in any game is 4.

I noticed that they added Challenge Modes for Knull on the .97 code yesterday so I would imagine at some point Klyntarr multiball will also be a challenge mode. It will be the only way someone like me will see it. Most I have managed to light up in any game is 4.
Damnit Alpha... I went to retroids both Saturday and Sunday today and spent a good hour or so playing Venom and didn't get anywhere close to beating Grendel... Now level 50, absolute pinball scrub.

Drove away about 20 minutes ago asking myself so many questions:
- How do you get better at pinball?
- Should I not be rotating from machine to machine to 'mix it up'? Especially when it seems to take me some time to 'find the shots'.
- Why the hell does hitting the secret skill shot take away the other skill shots, sometimes you can hit that at a full plunge even when you don't want it.

On the flip side I did beat my (still relatively low) high score on Deadpool but man, I feel like I need to grind for about 10 hours a day until I can hit some competency in pinball!

Rant over - I still enjoy Venom :p

I had my best game of pinball ever on Venom today, 500mil plus on score which I know isn't crazy for most but I was proud of it!

1 shot away from beating Grendell and I missed it but I was still so happy with this, saw so much extra content I'd never seen before.

The game is a flow monster when it's going!

Attachments

• 20240223_160709.jpg
    20240223_160709.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14
Rather tenuous admittedly , but appears the director of Venom has a new film with a trailer set to a song by the Electric Light Orchestra ...which was nice.

I had my best game of pinball ever on Venom today, 500mil plus on score which I know isn't crazy for most but I was proud of it!

1 shot away from beating Grendell and I missed it but I was still so happy with this, saw so much extra content I'd never seen before.

The game is a flow monster when it's going!
When you get Grendel you'll love it. Flipper changing mofo. If you ever have Hybrid save it for six ball multi.

When you get Grendel you'll love it. Flipper changing mofo. If you ever have Hybrid save it for six ball multi.
It was that multi-ball on the final phase and draining kills a ton of time, very difficult to hit the shots under the additional pressure, it's definitely a thrill!

Out of interest, who would you say is the best unlockable character? I'm torn between Wolverine and Hulk for the first one when I eventually get there.

If you ever have Hybrid save it for six ball multi.
to get hybrid you get him from mystery or you defeat the 4 mini bosses (riot agony lasher phage.) if you get mayhem multiball and defeat a mini boss it counts as you defeating them. You can sort of choose which bosses you'll be fighting in mayhem, left lock does agony and phage I think and right lock does riot and lasher. So if you want a specific miniboss you can fight them. The only problem with this is you will always start from the left playfield insert to the right .i.e if you get riot and then phage riot will always be first And so on.

Out of interest, who would you say is the best unlockable character? I'm torn between Wolverine and Hulk for the first one when I eventually get there.
I've unlocked hulk he has a hulk smash that does every single playfield shot and it can be used in modes such as grendel and knull e.c.t you get one per ball but it doesn't do extra ball that's the only fault I found. Hulks the best for speed run times. Captain America always gets all of the obove in mystery. Best for levels. Wolverine gets extra ball save in all modes I think.

I favour hulk

Played about 40 games at Retroids today, they said they waxed the play field just before I got there and man I didn't think Venom could get any faster than it already was.

I was a single shot away from defeating Knull but I couldn't do it with the multi-ball and the limited flipper power, first time I'd ever gotten there but now I know what I'm in for I reckon I've got it next time.

I'm confidently getting to phase 3 now even without power ups but I am level 91 so I don't have many excuses left except my own skill...

Although I did GC with 1.4 bil, what's everyone else's highest score?

Happy to join the billionaires club and my first GC since playing pinball, man what a rush!

Attachments

• 20240316_163239.jpg
    20240316_163239.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 3
I managed to play through and defeat Krull again and unlock another player (Captain America) last week at Funland London.

Captain America has the ability to unlock “all of the above” mystery awards which is excellent. Wolverine was my first choice of character to unlock who is pretty good, can’t remember his special abilities off the top of my head 😁.

I really love this game and one day I’d like to play the premium/le version to play it for how it was intended.

I managed to smash my previous high of 1 billion whilst completing it.
IMG_6852.jpeg

Coor, brilliant scores guys - 3 million is no joke, I was thinking if I ran hybrid on run I might've got 2.5ish but 3 feels insane.

Cant wait to beat Knull and starting it up again with a level reset

Coor, brilliant scores guys - 3 million is no joke, I was thinking if I ran hybrid on run I might've got 2.5ish but 3 feels insane.

Cant wait to beat Knull and starting it up again with a level reset
It’s a shame you can’t use hybrid while fighting Knull or Grendel. Does anyone know if you can use hybrid while playing klyntar muliball

I played quite a lot of Venom at TPF and quite enjoyed it albeit Prem all day for me.

I was playing the LE for quite a while and really enjoyed it. Fast as hell.

I wasn’t interested when it was first announced and playing the Pro didn’t do much to change my mind.

Getting some time in on a couple of LEs completely changed my opinion on it and I ended up with a NIB Premium - absolutely love the game now. Easily the fastest playing Stern out there.

I wasn’t interested when it was first announced and playing the Pro didn’t do much to change my mind.

Getting some time in on a couple of LEs completely changed my opinion on it and I ended up with a NIB Premium - absolutely love the game now. Easily the fastest playing Stern out there.
Should have something really nice for you to test soon Guy. Thanks again mate for the help.

Just had a look at the latest code revision and it's 0.97 - is it normal to jump straight to 1.0?

Just had a look at the latest code revision and it's 0.97 - is it normal to jump straight to 1.0?
If the coder, Dwight in this case, feels he has completed his vision for the code, then the 1.0 is likely to mark that. He has said in the past he considers 1.0 feature complete so it’s likely polish and bug fixes moving forward.

I will say I was a tad disappointed with the lack of updates for 1.0, in comparison to foo fighters that got a ton of new features it didn't get much.

Although it did get a 'rank' progression like Jaws so I wonder if that'll be a staple in Stern games going forward.

Either way, still looking forward to going to Retroids tomorrow and surely I'll be able to beat Knull with the new changes...

Back
Top Bottom