What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Stern Star Trek Pro

Expired Due to no activity
‘I have been watching the turtles thread with real interest and watched as many videos as I could. However there seems to be a lot of @rseing about selecting turtles etc and watching screens which I suspect would put me off’

Not at all, you pick a character at the start of the game and that’s it. Couldn’t be simpler. As for ‘watching screens’ - like almost every modern game you can skip them by double flipping.

The ball end sequence is irritating on turtles and jp2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tbh I didn't want to message Gonzo again as I'd feel like I was doing a hard sell and looking desperate- personally on this game the extras on the prem/le although very very nice little touches do not change the gameplay enough to justify the extra cost.
But horses for courses eh!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is the cost difference between a pro and premium anyway - searching past threads there have been LE's for sale before, but I ain't seen a premium so either not there or I've not used the right search.

The ball end sequence is irritating on turtles and jp2

Behave ffs it's awesome on both!

Gonzo you could always go Pro IMDN to avoid any mech issues, I LOVED that game when I had it. So well thought out

Behave ffs it's awesome on both!

Gonzo you could always go Pro IMDN to avoid any mech issues, I LOVED that game when I had it. So well thought out

Oh I see, it's the splitting ramp thingy that's temperamental?

Cheers mate

Cheers mate
No, it’s the 2 newton ball targets. They’re not hard to adjust, just temperamental. The game would be weird without the lifting sarcophagus ramp, haven’t played a Pro to confirm my suspicions though!

Cheers mate

I believe it's the newton ball that plays up mate Tbh with both Star Trek and IMDN I'd say you're okay to go Pro, aside from the DREADFUL ST Pro translite, easily replaced of course. I think I read you like ramps/flow, either of those games is going to be legit. Maiden has much better code in my view. ST has the layers and depth but maybe a little more repetitive. Away team all importnt on that game for big scores.

on IMDN Premium or LE:

1: Take the hex cam off get blue thread lock apply to the thread of the newton ball. Screw hex cam back on tight. Adjust spoon - job done. Repeat for both newton mechs.
2: Replace sarcophagus switches with roller switches.
3: (applies to Pro also) swap launch coil to slightly more powerful one.

Machine now bullet proof.

please elaborate... (i've had zero issues)

Premium only - Eventually the switches will catch the ball and not register - in the IMDN manual it actually shows roller switches but stern put normal lever switches. Once swapped out no more problems.

Premium only - Eventually the switches will catch the ball and not register - in the IMDN manual it actually shows roller switches but stern put normal lever switches. Once swapped out no more problems.

these? I can see the blades are supposed to be rollers... can the blades with rollers be purchased separately?

1597138258694.png

sorry - off topic - I'll PM for here on....

Last edited:
Yup

I replaced the switches entirely.

You want rollers not blades

Star Trek must be one of the best Stern machines produced. Stick in a colordmd or a pin2dmd and its even better.

Why has this not sold for goodness sake. I would be tempted myself if so much money was not tied up in other things (same old story!)......

It is one of the games where I do not think you 'need' to get the LE or Premium, sure they are nice but the Pro is an amazing bit of kit.

It's simply one of the best pins I've ever played.

Under other circumstances if I wasn't a bit strapped I'd take it.

So nearly just pulled the trigger but just can’t part with my TNG ( deleted my message to you before I sent it Sorry )

Price is definitely more than fair so worth holding out GLWS

Back
Top Bottom