What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

I fixed my drop targets by adding spring tension, just pull the spring and hook it on further down the spring. It was surprising how much more tension I had to add before they started working correctly. Pretty sure they drop every time now.

20160513_182642.jpg
The outlane bars being too low can be fixed by lifting the playfield and tapping the bars back through with a hammer and punch....don't go crazy, just a few millimeters. If you go too far the bars have lugs on the sides and may start to lift the playfield around the hole so take it easy. You only have to tap them through on the entrance end, the other end is obscured by the flipper mech but isn't needed anyway. I also raised the small bars between each inlane.

Both tweaks are very easy and take just a few minutes. Obviously we shouldn't have to preform these ' fixes ' but what options do we have? Stern aren't going to take it back. Best we can hope for is they send out the correct springs for the drops. I don't think they'll expect people to replace the outlane bars as there's too much potential for damage so just tap them through a little.

These arrived. The wooden rail protector is for GB and the other full set is for twd. Cliffys new rail protectors now align with the factory fitted bubble level and are longer. They look great

IMG_5812.JPG

So, i got it since yesterday for one month.
this is a very difficult game with lots of drains. Flippers gap is 1cm larger than on my GoT!!
Outlanes metal guides are not enough tall, many balls jump over them.
However there is a great artwork playfield and original layout. Maybe great rules If you manage to survive and see What this game can offer. Video mode is average.
This game is too much difficult coz of drains for casual or average players imo. My highest score is 490M for the moment but i can't take any pleasure. Too much brutal for me.

The more you play the better it gets. There's loads to do and go for on this game. It won't get old for along time. For me it's one of sterns best for awhile

Super jackpots and combo shots feel just so damn satisfying!

Jack wanted to outdo Gary and so widebody was his unique selling point but really he should have just set out to make better games and consider the evidence that pinball seems to work better in narrow bodies.

I don't agree with that. I absolutely love WOZ, Popeye & STTNG.

WOZ, STTNG, Twilight Zone & Indiana Jones are always either at the very top or near it of best games of all time.

Guns n' Roses seems to be by majority consensus the best that DE made, and it's almost unique among their games in being a widebody.

Full Throttle seems to review extremely well amongst people who've played it for any length of time.

Hobbit being either a different style of game or possibly a misstep in pf design doesn't invalidate widebodies.

WOZ, STTNG, Twilight Zone & Indiana Jones are always either at the very top or near it of best games of all time.
Guns n' Roses seems to be by majority consensus the best that DE made, and it's almost unique among their games in being a widebody.
errrr..... apart from WOZ, yes

Reactions: JT.
Anyone who has had a WOZ at home for any length of time knows it's up there with the best

I only sold mine because the light boards were a ticking time bomb

I don't dispute that people who've shelled out to buy one for home have all said good things about WOZ, just disputing what was said about it being at the top or near the top of lists.

WOZ is #20 on Pinside and currently highest place on ipdb is #62

I don't agree with that. I absolutely love WOZ, Popeye & STTNG.

Full Throttle seems to review extremely well amongst people who've played it for any length of time.

Hobbit being either a different style of game or possibly a misstep in pf design doesn't invalidate widebodies.

Hobbit looks amazing but watching it , it just looks like a narrow body would have suited it better.
And who knows maybe the other wide body games would have been even better if narrow bodies.....
I just think it was a gamble by Jack to pick a USP that kind of goes against the evidence of the last 25 years.

I don't dispute that people who've shelled out to buy one for home have all said good things about WOZ, just disputing what was said about it being at the top or near the top of lists.

WOZ is #20 on Pinside and currently highest place on ipdb is #62

It's all subjective

I've owned 20 of the top 25 on pinside and Woz is in my top 2

TZ wouldn't be what it is in a narrow body. They would have had to cut out a load of stuff.

It's all subjective

I've owned 20 of the top 25 on pinside and Woz is in my top 2

Not sure why you sold it re: light boards. Most early build owners were given the upgraded boards if they had any issues. There have been no issues with the redesigned ones.

TZ wouldn't be what it is in a narrow body. They would have had to cut out a load of stuff.

Yes but the Hobbit is an open Space pf in a widebody format and it does not seem to be a good option. I think this is What Replay wanted to say. I agree with him.

So this morning, i succeed to go further in the game after setting Slimer better first.
This pin needs a brutal playing but i still have some balls jumping over the outlane metal guides. This is my main complain and the flipper gap too much large. When i played my GoT after, loops and ramps were like highways:D
So this pin is scoring well in multiball, you need to reach 80 ghosts at least and multiplicate the playfield, hitting as many you can jackpots and pke ramp.
I scored a little 1,1MM but lost the ball jumping over the guide, so i missed 100 ghosts and reverse flippers.
This pin is really brutal, too much for my tastes.
Nice evening.:)

Being doing some more little mods, all plug and play and easy to removed I used accessories from 7 inch Mattel detailed figures, I used a ghost trap on right ramp, proton pack with by proton area just added leds to them, just waiting to receive a proton stream from the 12 inch figures to add above slimer with leds, some pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 41
Being doing some more little mods, all plug and play and easy to removed I used accessories from 7 inch Mattel detailed figures, I used a ghost trap on right ramp, proton pack with by proton area just added leds to them, just waiting to receive a proton stream from the 12 inch figures to add above slimer with leds, some pics
Have you seen the moving Stay Puft man that Mezel Mods have done? :-D

Nice work @scottydoesntknow, I so wish you'd bought that 6 Million $ Man and worked your toy magic.

Btw must be due my annual visit soon let's line up a school day.

More chessy mods by me a proton stream with orange LEDs from a hot toys gb figure, not secured 100% yet!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom