What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

I've ordered purely in the hope that the spinner is more reliable and keeps level. it will spin more in theory as its slightly lighter but for this game I'm not sure its that important.

Yes it does. He just confirmed it.

This looks to be one of those must have mods. It's clearly precision engineered and will improve the gameplay.

Why will this improve gameplay? - Genuine question as current design works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why will this improve gameplay? - Genuine question as current design works perfectly.

I’m not sure the current design is perfect - I’m hoping that this keeps level better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not sure the current design is perfect - I’m hoping that this keeps level better.

May just be an issue with Premiums as the disc raises and lowers frequently?

Because the disc moves over time and creates airballs. This is really clear on the gameplay video I did on Pinball heaven. The disc is not always flush with the playfield so a new component made of metal, precision lathed with upgraded bearings has to be an improvement. Imo any time you can replace a plastic component with a metal one is a good thing anyway.

It was stark how much better the the G&R mechanism was when I saw it for the first time. If this particular mod get's closer to that then it will improve gameplay.

Just got it - holy moly it’s a beautiful piece of engineering!

89fec152a4644a405c403ca97897c0c8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or more skills for portal lock Kevlar [emoji3][emoji28]

So the new disc is epic - only downside is the decal that comes with it - @Colywobbles are you able to print decals?

Sadly no but any decent printshop worth its salt can make them. I’ve has some awesome stuff made for my mame cabs with a protective film on top to stop scuffs.

clip cut off early will update it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic on my LE, I have 79mil and I am a **** to average player :rofl:

Watching how that new disc spins I'm torn whether its a help or a hindrance, it spins so freely it always settles at the 6 o'clock position which is great for hitting it off the upper flipper but blocks the sanctum target as a result. I guess the positives outweigh that one small negative though.

A better judge would be the RPM highscore - mine was 1400ish before I sold it.
That seems to be about the highest from what I’ve seen. Noticed at Neil’s comp his was 1400ish. I love that you can change the threshold for the RPM, it no longer shows on screen until I get a spin above 800 (was 400 on default)

Watching how that new disc spins I'm torn whether its a help or a hindrance, it spins so freely it always settles at the 6 o'clock position which is great for hitting it off the upper flipper but blocks the sanctum target as a result. I guess the positives outweigh that one small negative though.
I thought the opposite, it seemed to spin quickly but come to an abrupt stop in any given position then slowly (through vibration/flips) drop down to the 6 o’clock position (actually this might be what you were saying as you did say it ‘settles’ at 6 o’clock) - same as mine except mine doesn’t stop so abruptly.
The idea of this was to sort out alignment anyway and not increase spin speed (although the new bearing type would suggest speed may be increased). Looking at the RPM’s speed looks pretty much the same.

Here’s two photos of the right orbit, both on A:IQ Pro’s, they show slightly different design on the orbit art (red/yellow line vs black line). And one pic shows the artwork is drawn around the ramp flap that pokes under the orbit guide. (On mine this flap didn’t actually line up with the orbit guide slot and was therefore simply pushing the guide further into the orbit causing the ball to sometimes ‘rattle’ at that point)
Is this common? Or a result of the issue I mentioned with mine maybe? (Since sorted by cutting a few mm off the ramp flap)

CF5292E7-8010-4ADE-A1B3-1FCDF08BBD2E.jpegD537BF3C-FB61-4073-8647-C050290B97FB.jpeg

Not sure if common but my right orbit has always been horribly rattly. I've had this conversation with @robotgreg as his is pretty much the same. I've tried adjusting a few things but it's never made a huge difference, I just put it down to a bad design. I'll have to try the ramp flap.

Back
Top Bottom