What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

Not sure if common but my right orbit has always been horribly rattly. I've had this conversation with @robotgreg as his is pretty much the same. I've tried adjusting a few things but it's never made a huge difference, I just put it down to a bad design. I'll have to try the ramp flap.
Definitely check that your ramp flap actually pokes under the cutaway in the orbit guide, I’ve seen more than one that don’t 👍
Occasional shots will still rattle obviously if it’s not a clean shot but I managed to improve mine by a massive amount.

Definitely check that your ramp flap actually pokes under the cutaway in the orbit guide, I’ve seen more than one that don’t 👍
Occasional shots will still rattle obviously if it’s not a clean shot but I managed to improve mine by a massive amount.
It does poke through. I thought you had ground the flap off, in sure I read of someone doing that, probably on pinside.

It does poke through. I thought you had ground the flap off, in sure I read of someone doing that, probably on pinside.
I had to cut a few mm off the bottom of the flap on mine.
Weirdly enough it’s become one of my favourite shots - right orbit, middle ramp, left orbit, right ramp out the pops 👍

my replaced playfield is very rattly which is annoying as the original playfield was like butter.

I should be receiving my NIB in the next few weeks. Any things to look out for? Are Stern still using their rubbish coil stops?

Mine is at Chris's now for a bit of pimping..... very exciting.
IMO this is Elwin best game ever! I currently have ChrisBs beautiful Premium and it’s my goto pin along with GnR at the moment.

The combos and flow are astounding and it flows beautifully until you hit the captain marvel ramp that is then you may as well spin a coin whether or not it makes it! Subway also slows down the game too and is a PITA so Pro FTW.

This of course may all change with Godzilla arriving in the morning but I know for a fact I’ll miss this pin and I will probably buy a NIB pro next year.
Unless they keep giving Elwin the unlimited BOM and a theme to die for.

my replaced playfield is very rattly which is annoying as the original playfield was like butter.
I’m sure at your last comp I noticed yours had the same issue with the ramp flap not lined up with the orbit guide cut out.

yeah I asked Chuckwurt and he said his was on the outside. I'll try aligning it.

if you say the subway is slowing the game down, get 4 combo's and lock a ball in portal lock. It will 1: make your game better scoring and 2: make the portal subway part not feel so slow.

IMO this is Elwin best game ever! I currently have ChrisBs beautiful Premium and it’s my goto pin along with GnR at the moment.

The combos and flow are astounding and it flows beautifully until you hit the captain marvel ramp that is then you may as well spin a coin whether or not it makes it! Subway also slows down the game too and is a PITA so Pro FTW.

This of course may all change with Godzilla arriving in the morning but I know for a fact I’ll miss this pin and I will probably buy a NIB pro next year.
Unless they keep giving Elwin the unlimited BOM and a theme to die for.

I can't wait to hear about Godzilla mate and I'm buzzing for you.

It was a tough choice but just went with certainty of AIQ rather than the unknown.

The blend of Elvira, Deadpool and AIQ is a bit of a dream line-up for me. I'm sure Godzilla will be outstanding though. Apparently the way the shots flow from one into another is excellent.

V1.03.0 - November 18th, 2021
=============================
- Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com/

- Adjustment Changes:
- override "TOPPER GEMS START MODE" to NO for competition mode

- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec

- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.

- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.

- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.

- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use

- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

sourcing map F6-12M Thrust Ball... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082PPCJW2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Remove bottom washer (the one by the E-clip) and fit the thrust washer (just the bearing, no need/room for the washers either side) between the top of the shaft housing and the bottom of the plastic spinner 👍
Mine is a pro, not sure if it’ll be different for a premium.

So, A:IQ machined spinner $106 on pinside, an extra $68 for a bearing housing or…..
simply add a thrust washer (5 for £8 on Amazon) and get this result! 😂😂👍

The machined spinner I put on because the plastic one kept becoming unlevel and caused airballs - that's what the guy designed it for; its more of a premium issue I think, it comes with a thrust bearing for maximum spinnage. I got the bearing housing which will make it even faster but I've not got round to installing it. And I'm hoping the next code update has an option for dialling down the spins counted when it detects something as abnormal as this ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It could already cause a negative issue with spinning so long.
Pretty certain that you can't start registering shots on Mind gem until the disc stops spinning - as that's what sets the score. Don't know if it effects other issues in the same way? Reality gem for example.

If it's so free spinning/low friction I assume it always rests at 6'0 clock? Makes it harder to hit from the lower flippers.

What's your RPM highscore standing at now?

It only spins for a long time with a very clean hard shot, a lot of the time it behaves like before. Sometimes rests at 6 and clock, sometimes doesn’t. This hasn’t changed the game in a drastic way, it’s just made it more fun for me as I do love it when it spins for ages on a good hit. Not tried it long enough to get top rpm yet but easy 700’s most of the time.
I just didn’t like how quickly it was stopping before I tried this, love it now.
(Bear in mind I was getting good spins due to the shaft actually sitting on top of the sensor meaning there was no contact between the bottom of the spinner and the brass housing, once I corrected this the spins slowed down hence I took this route to up my spins again 👍)

Last edited:
It could already cause a negative issue with spinning so long.
Pretty certain that you can't start registering shots on Mind gem until the disc stops spinning - as that's what sets the score. Don't know if it effects other issues in the same way? Reality gem for example.

If it's so free spinning/low friction I assume it always rests at 6'0 clock? Makes it harder to hit from the lower flippers.

What's your RPM highscore standing at now?

I haven't noticed that being a problem, and yes it will slowly move to 6. On reality gem though its boom time on scores.

Half thinking about getting one of these if I can't track down a Godzilla. I'm not usually ar5ed about theme but I find this one so drab it's somewhat putting me off. How'd you guys find it, taking into account the call outs, LCD animations and art etc? Is it an engaging experience? Looks like it shoots great but man the theme is killing me. Any thoughts?

Music and callouts are meh. Animations are alright, nothing exceptional. Artwork is lovely.

It's not really an engaging emotional experience like say ACDC - feels quite surgical in fact. Matches what I've seen of Elwin playing, very calm and composed.

However the layout is the best I've ever owned and that makes up for the sound track. I used to have IMdn and that was very frustrating in comparison.

I think if someone made a good exciting sound mod for this machine it would really lift it.

Half thinking about getting one of these if I can't track down a Godzilla. I'm not usually ar5ed about theme but I find this one so drab it's somewhat putting me off. How'd you guys find it, taking into account the call outs, LCD animations and art etc? Is it an engaging experience? Looks like it shoots great but man the theme is killing me. Any thoughts?
I honestly have no idea why people love the shots but hate the theme/call outs/animations.
The call outs are actually very good at telling you what’s happening without having to look up (if that’s your preference), and they are cheesy but very apt. The screen does a good job of displaying relevant information and I love the animations, they are like a comic book in motion so again, very apt.
I like the Avengers which no doubt helps but it’s a great all round package. If you absolute detest the Avengers, maybe you saw a grandparent getting it on dressed as Iron Man and that’s scarred you - then it might not be for you but otherwise it’s great. (And to be honest my Gran rocked that Iron Man suit 👍)

I honestly have no idea why people love the shots but hate the theme/call outs/animations.
The call outs are actually very good at telling you what’s happening without having to look up (if that’s your preference), and they are cheesy but very apt. The screen does a good job of displaying relevant information and I love the animations, they are like a comic book in motion so again, very apt.
I like the Avengers which no doubt helps but it’s a great all round package. If you absolute detest the Avengers, maybe you saw a grandparent getting it on dressed as Iron Man and that’s scarred you - then it might not be for you but otherwise it’s great. (And to be honest my Gran rocked that Iron Man suit 👍)
There is a mix with the main avengers movie theme, AC/DC for Ironman multiball and led zep for Thor multiball and a few other tunes and it’s a game changer, makes the game even better!!

There is a mix with the main avengers movie theme, AC/DC for Ironman multiball and led zep for Thor multiball and a few other tunes and it’s a game changer, makes the game even better!!
Oooh I want this :D Any idea where to grab it for the pro (1.02 or 1.03) ??

Now that does sound good, pinside? Cleland?
Got a link at all?

It’s over on Pinside, not a clexland mix but from what I remember it’s pretty good, I will try to find the thread later.

Just tried this (pinsider: Spider). Feels sloppy and unfinished, animations freeze, music is really bland too. Hoping it would be better.

Back
Top Bottom