What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

What sort of GCs do people have, how many billions am I looking at 😂?
When mine left me I think my best was about 3.5 billion, you get 1 Billion for getting to Battle Thanos with all 6 gems and that's where the chunk of points came from.

Not unusual to score over 100mil for any gem/mode seeing as you can get 3 x scoring from having 2 portal locks, and then boosters from gem placement, and then victory laps for each mode.

LOTS of different ways to score big.

When mine left me I think my best was about 3.5 billion, you get 1 Billion for getting to Battle Thanos with all 6 gems and that's where the chunk of points came from.

Not unusual to score over 100mil for any gem/mode seeing as you can get 3 x scoring from having 2 portal locks, and then boosters from gem placement, and then victory laps for each mode.

LOTS of different ways to score big.

Cheers Wayne that's good to know. Getting there slowly. Game has fantastic rules. The quest for a billion has begun!

PXL_20220625_083709935.jpg

So as I figure out the gems more, I've started grabbing the mind gem first and putting it on Black Widow. Then I level her up to level two and start the power gem quest. A level two mind gem is basically one shot and one button press to get the power gem, did it the other day and got 74 million for just pressing the boom button. Now I'm thinking if I carry a couple of portal locks into that power gem quest I can boom button the whole mode with all balls in play for mega points and victory laps. Game has completely reeled me in!

Okay I had it slightly wrong. Get Mind Gem and put on Black Widow ramp, start Power gem and use the three Mind Gem boom buttons presses to get it (it hits the middle shot every time meaning you kill him FAST). Then level Black Widow to level 2 to give you a Mega Boom button Mind Gem, start Reality Gem with some Portal Locks, press Mega Boom button.... WIN at pinball.

Okay I had it slightly wrong. Get Mind Gem and put on Black Widow ramp, start Power gem and use the three Mind Gem boom buttons presses to get it (it hits the middle shot every time meaning you kill him FAST). Then level Black Widow to level 2 to give you a Mega Boom button Mind Gem, start Reality Gem with some Portal Locks, press Mega Boom button.... WIN at pinball.

I think that pretty much encapsulates why I've bought and sold the game twice.

I love the shots . . . I really do but for me I don't want the game to be that complicated and strategic.

That being said Andy I can really understand how it works for you. Having watched your JP video (twice 😂) you're clearly a very good player who loves the nuances of a deep rule set. I bet you're licking your lips at working out new strategies and ways to approach the game.

I do actually miss the shots and quite enjoy reality gem quest but the moment I have to start attributing gems to certain characters and then start moving them around I lose interest. As for the bingo card on the left hand side I can honestly say that despite owning the game for 5 months in total I still don't know what it does.

There are too many Avengers, too many gems and too many villians for a thicko like me. If they'd kept the layout exactly the same and just made it a Thor or Hulk game without the gems I think it would be a keeper. The tower magnet and upper flipper is a joy as is the panther shot and the fat ramp is just perfect.

Every time I see one I want to play it because if the shots. The angles and geometry of the game are perfect, satisfying and forgiving . . . .it's the software and theme that I struggle with.

I think that pretty much encapsulates why I've bought and sold the game twice.

I love the shots . . . I really do but for me I don't want the game to be that complicated and strategic.

That being said Andy I can really understand how it works for you. Having watched your JP video (twice 😂) you're clearly a very good player who loves the nuances of a deep rule set. I bet you're licking your lips at working out new strategies and ways to approach the game.

I do actually miss the shots and quite enjoy reality gem quest but the moment I have to start attributing gems to certain characters and then start moving them around I lose interest. As for the bingo card on the left hand side I can honestly say that despite owning the game for 5 months in total I still don't know what it does.

There are too many Avengers, too many gems and too many villians for a thicko like me. If they'd kept the layout exactly the same and just made it a Thor or Hulk game without the gems I think it would be a keeper. The tower magnet and upper flipper is a joy as is the panther shot and the fat ramp is just perfect.

Every time I see one I want to play it because if the shots. The angles and geometry of the game are perfect, satisfying and forgiving . . . .it's the software and theme that I struggle with.

Yeah more than fair Gonz. I'm such a dork I get lost in it all. Start having lightbulb moments sat at my desk about other things to try 😂. Agree on the theme, bit crap (to me anyway) but it's nicely done at least, lovely art etc. I think possibly the best layout I've played up until now.

I can definitely understand people not going in for the rules, it's quite involved if you want to score highly. I only have the one game and so something like a Deadpool, whilst it was amazing whilst it was here, ultimately it left me a little cold after a few weeks. I'm aware loads of people are absolutely in love with Deadpool of course and it is a great game. If I had a row of machines perhaps I'd feel differently. It's hard to tell, maybe I'd still go in for the deeper rules I'm honestly not sure!

Yeah more than fair Gonz. I'm such a dork I get lost in it all. Start having lightbulb moments sat at my desk about other things to try 😂. Agree on the theme, bit crap (to me anyway) but it's nicely done at least, lovely art etc. I think possibly the best layout I've played up until now.

I can definitely understand people not going in for the rules, it's quite involved if you want to score highly. I only have the one game and so something like a Deadpool, whilst it was amazing whilst it was here, ultimately it left me a little cold after a few weeks. I'm aware loads of people are absolutely in love with Deadpool of course and it is a great game. If I had a row of machines perhaps I'd feel differently. It's hard to tell, maybe I'd still go in for the deeper rules I'm honestly not sure!

Mate, with one pin in the games room it's an excellent choice that will always provide new challenges.

Man this game is banging. I haven't quite settled on an approach yet but I'm enjoying playing about. Just had a good ish first ball. Just about to drain the next two for a couple mill tops obviously. This was just portal locks, power gem get and victory laps with a little Thor multi all for good measure

PXL_20220703_191432500.jpg

spot on.

Been away in London almost 3 weeks now and my Avengers is back home not being played. Absolutely desperate to get boozy with some chums and play it. Soooon!

I really underrated AIQ. I'd played it a few times at Tilt and although I liked the layout I could never really figure it out. I think I tried to learn too many of the rules at once and just got lost. I had to sell IMDN to bring in AIQ and the first 20 or so games I thought I'd made a mistake but after playing it more, learning the shots, returns and some of the rules I'm really happy with it. I've got the basic rules to progress but I'll admit sometimes I get a MB or there's a countdown and I've no idea why 😆 Still lots to learn and experiment with. I suck at Hawkeye Challenge!

The mystery countdown had me puzzled for a while. It's usually the timer in the top center of the screen, linked to the super modes from the drop targets (e.g. super arc reactor). Most of them aren't worth worrying about too much, but super targets is very valuable and super gauntlet is quite fun :)

The mystery countdown had me puzzled for a while. It's usually the timer in the top center of the screen, linked to the super modes from the drop targets (e.g. super arc reactor). Most of them aren't worth worrying about too much, but super targets is very valuable and super gauntlet is quite fun :)
Ah, thank you. When I get a bit more comfortable with it I’m sure I’ll look up at the screen sometimes lol. The computer grid I haven’t got into yet, other than what the gems do when placed there. I’m just collecting gems and avengers atm but probably after a few hundred games I’ll be learning the other things to do to mix it up more. It’s great that there’s more to learn and try and incorporate into your games once you get the hang of the basics.

AIQ PREMIUM remains my favourite spike 2 machine. That hulk spinner shot thru the pops into the portal, ramp flow, hawkeye challenge on difficult, avengers tower vari-target, super computer frenzy, hulk rampage, drops grid, i could go on ….. its a fabulous game….. 😎 problem is i sold it and replaced it with a Godzilla prem😬🤷🏽‍♂️👊🏼

Agreed Keith. I can't comment on Godzilla but nothing I've never played shoots as will as AIQ. Fantastic game

Godzilla doesn't shoot as well as AIQ, I'm not sure anything does. The two main ramps and right orbit are sensational and hitting the spinning disk is incredibly satisfying.

Godzilla has remarkable innovation with the path the ball takes and the way it utilises the sides/wings of the playfield to offer alternative shots as opposed to the usual bank of targets.

I don't care for the theme on either because I've never watched GZ or Avengers. However the concept of a singular monster smashing up 4 cities just makes the rules more intuitive. It's not easy but the rules are understandable. In effect the balance of the package is on GZ is better for me but every time I see an AIQ I want to play it.

Pro vs Premium, is it 'worth' the extra for the Premium? Did the subway issue get a resolution? I've read owners were sent a new subway mech?
I haven’t played the pro so just coming from a previous prem owner. Subway not worth it but captain marvel ramp (with fix) worth it, you can combo all day.

I did have trouble with my subway forks not lining up properly but I added some washers and it worked perfectly after that the entire time I had it.

Also going on the last sale, I’m not sure there’s as big a gap price wise between pro and prem like with some titles.

Bit of a uncommon opinion here but I think the pro plays loads better
The subway just slows the game down. I wasn't aware of a fix to the marvel ramp but without the fix the shot is incredibly hit or miss. When you make it ,it is a nice shot.
Depending on price difference but if it was still a few grand in the difference I would pro it all day long.

My old Pro is up for sale at the moment Marv, the guy that had it is sound and isn't asking mega money

What was the fix for this?
It’s just a piece you add to the wireform that stops the ball falling out the side basically.

Pro vs Premium, is it 'worth' the extra for the Premium? Did the subway issue get a resolution? I've read owners were sent a new subway mech?
I'm picking up a pro soon and was looking at the differences, having played the premium a couple of times Personally not, the only difference is the funny little thing that pops out of the playfield, that loads the multi ball in the subway, which is pointless, it has a shot scoop that loads on the right into the right ramp that feeds the right lane. There is a mod for this that someone replicated if your desperate. Thanos glove is made of plastic rather than a picture of it. Although there is a small possibility in trying to convince myself that pro is fine, to get over the fear of missing out 🙄🤭 but I genuinely think from playing the premium the missing bits I wouldn't miss at all. Now Godzilla missing building that's a totally different thing!

The captain marvel ramp if it's the one one the right has been replicated as a mod that fits the pro, can't remember who did it but it's a trusted moder, might be the people who are doing the alien topper

Back
Top Bottom