What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

Already put a few games on it this morning, somehow Keith, Ray and team keep making this game better!

Loving the added depth to the captain marvel ramp and the new light shows are fantastic, also having the little Stern pinball Marvel Studios intro rip-off is a nice little touch.

Last edited:
They've added Pteranadons to Captain Marvel! Pro Suckers :D :D :D

I assume no one has heard anything about the subway replacement parts or disc levelling kits or any other bits that stern are replacing overseas? Has anyone contacted them directly? I haven’t heard anything from Phil on it since before Christmas when he last chased them. Would be nice to play this game as it was intended, as opposed to missing a major feature of the prem/LE pretty much out of the box.

I know @philpalmer and Electrocoin are chasing for various parts but stern is under alot of pressure with supply chain and having fewer people in the factory.

I assume no one has heard anything about the subway replacement parts or disc levelling kits or any other bits that stern are replacing overseas? Has anyone contacted them directly? I haven’t heard anything from Phil on it since before Christmas when he last chased them. Would be nice to play this game as it was intended, as opposed to missing a major feature of the prem/LE pretty much out of the box.
Has your original mech completely failed?

Had promised myself I wasn't going to play AIQ again until I'd received my Pinmonk flipper cooling kit.
Just as well it turned up this morning - perfect timing to put in a session with the new code😁

Has your original mech completely failed?
Yes, in terms of several of the bolt welds snapped off so the subway is shot. I’m playing with the subway turned off in the settings, but as with many things pinball, it’s a bit shoddy service from stern. They are getting kits sent out stateside so you’d think we’d be in a queue, and I think I first reported it around October ish?

Had promised myself I wasn't going to play AIQ again until I'd received my Pinmonk flipper cooling kit.
Just as well it turned up this morning - perfect timing to put in a session with the new code😁
Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the new code Wayne.

Yes, in terms of several of the bolt welds snapped off so the subway is shot. I’m playing with the subway turned off in the settings, but as with many things pinball, it’s a bit shoddy service from stern. They are getting kits sent out stateside so you’d think we’d be in a queue, and I think I first reported it around October ish?
That’s a ****ter, have you got the disc off then? Couldn’t you drop the mech out minus the plastic subway and use pass through until the new mech shows up?

That should allow you to still have the ball sink into the disc and roll straight to the VUK.

You can turn the trough off and it works just like the pro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s a ****ter, have you got the disc off then? Couldn’t you drop the mech out minus the plastic subway and use pass through until the new mech shows up?

That should allow you to still have the ball sink into the disc and roll straight to the VUK.
As Neil said, ive just turned the subway off in the menu and the disc stays down. So basically ive got a pro with a captain marvel ramp.
Are you guys all using the subway then? No breakages? I thought everyone had turned them off to avoid the issues!

As Neil said, ive just turned the subway off in the menu and the disc stays down. So basically ive got a pro with a captain marvel ramp.
Are you guys all using the subway then? No breakages? I thought everyone had turned them off to avoid the issues!
Remove the stepping mech from the plastic subway and set the game to walk through, that way you can still have the disc raise and the balls own momentum will roll it down to the VUK, can’t see why that wouldn’t work as long as the software is expecting the ball at the VUK.

Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the new code Wayne.
Only managed a couple of games before I got ****ed off with the fact I had moved it to make room for BM66 and it wasn't level (couldn't be ****d to get everything moved around to be able to get under the machine😡). The fact that I had just polished it and put new balls in meant it played like a real bastard!

Graphics explain much better what happens when you lose a gem.
Marvel spin sound effect and graphic became annoying very quickly.
Got the Marvel binary award, but it was in mb so no real idea what it was worth.
Hard mode in Soul Gem is REALLY hard, but MUCH more valuable

More investigation needed.

5x on the marvel ramp with binary on the pre/le

Could someone please take a few snaps of their AIQ slingshots . Took mine off the other week and can’t remember the right order to put them back with the hardware

When locking balls in the portal, I'm sure they used to stay there until you started a mode. Since the 1.00 code, I lock the ball into the portal and then it gives it back to me straight away, so I get into multi ball. Then when I start a mode, assuming I've lost the second ball (which I pretty much always have) then it gives me two balls in the mode. Is this an intentional change, or just another symptom of the portal issues?

Hmm that isn’t right.

Assume you are talking about portal lock?

Yeah like Neil says above that’s not right mines on the latest code and portal locks are held in the subway until mode start.

new code

V1.01.0 - April 8th, 2021
=========================
- High Scores - fixed an issue with not being able to set High Scores when you have "TROPHY DIFFICULTY" adjustment set to Hard
- Mainplay - background display effect is now using the variations on scenes inside the Sanctum instead of the Stark Lab Trophy Room
- Portal Open - added new background display effect when portal is open with instructional text
- Binary Hurry-Up - pause time if ball is in the Pop Bumpers, Portal Lock, Mystery, Change Gems, Quest Select
- Combos - adding Capt Marvel to Black Widow combo blocker at 6 combos
- Combos - extend combo timers in situations where the ball is held in the tower and a valid combo for the tower shot is active
- Intro - better transition from Stern logo video to Avengers logo video
- Power Gem - spinner spins build value by 40K instead of 75K
- Space Gem - fixed an issue where Space Gem is not able to go up to 3 uses
- Gamma Ray - award value carries between Gamma Rays and resets to 50K + (25K x number of wizard modes) whenever you play a wizard mode
- Thanos Attacks - timer now pauses while ball is caught in the Pop Bumpers
- Thanos Attacks - fixed an issue with Tower Up Post not staying up for recovery animation after Thanos Attacks
- Battle Thanos - allow most recent person to get the 1B all Gems Battle Thanos Champion to beat the last person who may have done it
- Battle Royale - fixed an issue with the display where it was always showing strange 4x damage when sometimes it's actually 3x.
- Super Disc - base scoring increased 250K/spin -> 480K/spin
- Super Disc - boost scoring decreased 150K/spin -> 120K/spin
- Super Slings - scoring boost 10K to 100K
- Super Slings - added a new sound effect for Super Slings sling hits
- Soul Gem Jackpot - fixed an issue where the multiplier on the Soul Gem Jackpot display was not always accurate
- Change Gems - don't allow Gems to be used when you have finished locking in all selections but before screen has gone away
- Quest Gem Selection - don't allow Gems to be used when you have finished locking in all selections but before screen has gone away
- Computer Grid - fixed an issue were computer grid award was showing outdated info
- Computer Grid - fixed an issue were the 1M consolation score was not always being awarded if the stated Grid award couldn't be awarded
- Super Computer Frenzy - if mode is lit don't allow Quest starts
- Super Computer Frenzy - double all scoring
- Super Computer Frenzy - move Jackpot and Super Jackpot bump shot from Captive Ball to the Drop Targets
- Instant Info - added adjustment "INSTANT INFO AUTOSCROLL" to allow for turning off the autoscroll
- Instant Info - added Portal Locks
- End of Ball Bonus - Trophy scoring adjusted to Bronze: 50k -> 100k / Silver: 100k -> 250k / Gold: 200k -> 500k
- Trophy Mania - scoring is tripled if you reach this mode with "TROPHY DIFFICULTY" at Hard
- Trophy Mania - fixed an issue with locking you out of starting Battle Thanos if you lit this mode first
- Update Media - game can now be updated from a NTFS formatted USB stick if you are updating from v1.00.0 to v1.01.0

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "SOUL GEM DIFFICULTY" - defaults to NORMAL, options are:
- NORMAL - normal difficulty but you can select HARD by holding the Action button during the intro
- HARD - forces HARD difficulty Soul Gem instead of having to select it every time
- KARL - forces HARD difficulty but adds the limitation of no Mind Gem uses during the mode
- added "INSTANT INFO AUTOSCROLL", defaults to YES, turn to NO for flipper movement only (default for competition mode)
- added "COMBO LIMIT MARVEL AND WIDOW" - defaults to YES (limit at 6), turn to NO for unlimited Marvel / Widow combos
- added "THANOS ATTACKS CAN STEAL GEM" - defaults to YES, turn to NO so Thanos will not steal your Gems
- changed "IRON MAN MB SUPER JACKPOT TIMER" - default from 11 to 22, min from 8 to 16, max from 15 to 30

- System - Updated to V2.72.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.68.0

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

Back
Top Bottom