What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

I love the Pro Vs Premium discussions. Wouldn't be pinball without 'the Pro actually has more flow' or 'you've absolutely gotta have this mech from the Premium' etc. For every game the answer is whatever one you own/can afford is the one to have.

Regardless of price, I prefer to play the Pro.
The ball feeds back to the right inlane too much on the the Prem for me (Right loop, Antman, Disc subway & Marvel ramp) On the Pro it's just the right loop.
The Marvel ramp is exceptionally hit or miss, only a perfect shot registers, as opposed to the Pro which is a spinner.
That's before you take in to account the failing subway mech which is almost certain to fail and require replacement.

Both are fun to play, but I went with the Pro having played the Prem.

If you don't want to miss out on anything you could spend the money saved on the Stern topper 🤣

Actually what they should have done was made the pro without the subway. I’ve got the subway off until the replacements come (has anyone heard anything in this?) that would have been perfect.
also stern seemed to have screwed the avengers ramp, on the proto game the wire form is extended to guide the ball better. The production ramp is different. Abe on pinside added a little bit of plastic and it makes a huge difference. @Colywobbles can you get old Bessie warmed up to make something like this:

size of the plastic is 2.5 cm x 7.0 cm.

53c8a006b3eb26f54487b878c54dd6bd0187d073.jpg

7b0e42115754ca24f81f4a1b4e9acb694fe328ed.jpg

dba6dc666486129594bffa6960036944e3ce64c8.jpg

1c308b938834049d1310bbeb8d427e3cef23f509.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
says Jamesey the hutt of the pinball bazaar racket who is after a IMDN premium LOL

oh without doubt, remember there’s a difference between thinking some must be and thinking every one must be, if I had the money though, I’d go LE on the lot, so whilst I may yank your chain, I’m honest with it :p

games were the LE isn't worth it:

GOTG
JP2
B66
Elvira

the rest - for sure.

anyway back to avengers

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone heard anything regarding the subway bits and other parts? Ive chased Phil on it a few times and he said he’d chase Stern. Will we all get all the new bits by default (subway, disc levelling kit, ramp plastic) or do we need to ask for them all specifically?

I know Phil’s great at covering people on this sort of thing, but I’m really surprised it’s taking this long from Stern.

Does the disc levelling kit apply to the Pro, or just the Prem?
Mine's slightly off, but as its right at the top of the playfield it doesn't cause me too much of an issue.

Stern and electrocoin are both rubbish I suspect stern will send the amount of kits as per how many electrocoin sell
I just levelled my disk up by packing it out with a small washer

Mezel do an avengers tower which is solid. I have an idea for a different style tower which I hope to get round to soon.

Made these today for member and before anyone points out I know I just temp attached to my TMNT to check for size.
Obviously they would look better lit but still look great as they are.
I can also amend these into inserts if you prefer that way
Complete with super reusable double sided tape that is Uber strong and I guarantee they won’t fall off!
Best part is they can be removed without damage if needed.

£15 inc tape and P&P

Col

Attachments

• E096A4FB-CEA2-47C0-962C-E2BBE72018A1.jpeg
    E096A4FB-CEA2-47C0-962C-E2BBE72018A1.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 44
  • F6EC5E07-7CD4-4042-B9E4-194D4D85FF08.jpeg
    F6EC5E07-7CD4-4042-B9E4-194D4D85FF08.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 41
Any
Made these today for member and before anyone points out I know I just temp attached to my TMNT to check for size.
Obviously they would look better lit but still look great as they are.
I can also amend these into inserts if you prefer that way
Complete with super reusable double sided tape that is Uber strong and I guarantee they won’t fall off!
Best part is they can be removed without damage if needed.

£15 inc tape and P&P

Col
Is there any chance you can do them in yellow? And do you make those coloured backgrounds for the model plate? I think someone makes them on pinside but they are pricey,.

Yep I can do both here’s a plate on my DP albeit mirror I can do any colour acrylic maybe yellow to match the speaker logos if you wish just PM me

The Plate will be a fiver if ordered with logos otherwise £7.50 to cover postage.

Just pm me if you’re interested.

Thx Col

85CD9854-66A8-4D1E-BA82-2CA780643437.jpeg

Colin can you make that part a few posts above?
I’ll give it a go Neil it’s always tricky not having the pin, Could you cut in card and try in situ on your ramp. Then send me pic with dimensions and I’ll post one out 1st thing.

Hold on strike that had a look at the pics on the iPad, so it’s just that simple side piece that’s needed I’ll knock one out and post tomorrow.

Hope this helps
Col

5 minutes ago
All done @Neil McRae does this look doable?
I’ll post after Joe Wicks “it’s a Family thing for me sins”
I’ll do a couple in extruded 2 & 3mm unless you need thicker as I do have some 5mm to hand.

Hope this helps Col

2091EA04-8B85-4913-AD06-C5796BA83AA7.jpeg

Just dropped you a message Col wouldn’t mind one of these myself if at all possible. Thanks

Anyone have an idea on best thickness of this Rampie mod?

BTW im doing this FOC if anyone wants one but it might be worth waiting till they have been checked as they may have to be amended to fit correctly

Col

I want a cut of all these orders :D LOL

Colin let me know how much please

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom