What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

Awesome work @Colywobbles they look stunning! Thank you.

Attachments

• B85E5F90-C0AA-425B-874A-F9B19E4605EF.jpeg
    B85E5F90-C0AA-425B-874A-F9B19E4605EF.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Purple looked good but yellow is the way to go especially with an LE.

Thank you @Colywobbles

Attachments

• 9F898096-4A0D-4F77-B4CB-DA89E2643DDB.jpeg
    9F898096-4A0D-4F77-B4CB-DA89E2643DDB.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 43
  • B110CDD2-A7D7-46F6-A676-57BA5D7C0959.jpeg
    B110CDD2-A7D7-46F6-A676-57BA5D7C0959.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 41
  • 1AEB1441-2455-4C1D-A1C0-4A10D7E5D943.jpeg
    1AEB1441-2455-4C1D-A1C0-4A10D7E5D943.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 44
How do they attach with no screw holes? Sticky pads?

I've been trying to cut a piece myself but made a right mess of it, that looks a lot tidier if you have any spare?
doublesided tape at the bottom. makes a good improvement.

had to see that chris because of the reflection but which plastic are you talking about?
Its ok he was mistaken and thought it was the stock one at the front entrance. I have now put one of your rampie ones in with his speaker Logos & Plaque.

col

New code!

V0.95.0 - December 22nd, 2020
=============================
- Mainplay - adding some instructional text to the background when nothing else is running
- Hawkeye Combo - change base scoring from 450K to 600K
- Super Reactor - change base scoring from 200K to 300K
- Super Gauntlet - change base scoring from 250K to 400K
- Hulk Rampage - change base scoring from 200K to 400K
- Hawkeye Challenge - adding Hawkeye Challenge difficulty names Amateur, Pro, Marksman
- Combos - remove the Right Orbit from being a combo after Left Ramp
- Mind Gem Quest - fixed an issue where the Controlled Avenger Sanctum Target logic was not working occasionally
- Mind Gem Quest - no longer blinking the Controlled Avenger if a stage has been missed
- Time Gem - fixed an issue where the mode would still end when shooting a Time Gem shot when the Super Mode Timer was in grace
- Change Gems - adjustments to lighting to be able to see where you are positioning the Gems better
- Change Gems - added an audible timer so you know how many seconds you have left to place Gems
- Change Gems - added Perk descriptions that are show as you are placing each Gem
- Computer Grid - change computer grid 'EXTRA BALL' text to 'LIGHT EXTRA BALL' since this is what it does
- Soul Gem - fixed an issue where the Flips Removed value would always say '5' even though the adjustment may have been changed
- Black Order Multiball - added new starting display effect, instructions timing has been updated
- Battle Royale - added Final Award display, sound, lamp effects that play when you win the mode
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where the game could not be restarted if you Forced Endgame during Challenge Mode intro display effect
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where using Force Endgame during Challenge Mode intro would result in the next game sometimes going straight to Match
- Light Shows - added Gem Quest mode start light shows
- Light Shows - added several different Iron Man Multiball Jackpot light shows
- Light Shows - added Game Intro light show
- Light Shows - added Match light show
- Light Shows - adding lockdown button pulsing / flashing for enter initials
- Topper Light Shows - many new Topper light shows added
- DJ Mixer - select this option from the Game Mode Menu to listen to all Avengers: Infinity Quest songs (Free Play Only)

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'DJ MIXER BACKGROUND' - default: RANDOM - randomly chooses 1 of 7 background types to play for the DJ Mixer session, change this to lock in your favorite

- System - Updated to V2.64.0
Just updated my code. This is my first ever machine and it was so easy to do also my machine is playing great even with me and the kids playing hundreds of games on it already.

Hi all

I’ve been lucky enough to borrow this game for a short while and it’s another belter from Elwin.

The shots are better than IM and JP, the difficult ones are certainly not generous in spacing but they’re not quite at the difficulty level of the other 2.

The code is fantastic, if you’re a below average player though don’t expect to go deep 😫 It’s got great flow and balanced with good switch left to right flippers. Had some epic games but no epic score yet.

If you’re thinking of getting one it will not disappoint its another great title release that will only get better with code updates, we’re not even on 1 yet 😳

Here’s my best so far, I’m hanging my head in shame compared with Wayne’s 1 ball game score 😳😬😂 I’ve got some practising to do me thinks!!!

74966677-E842-4910-9165-B27C508182CF.jpeg

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2020 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* AVENGERS: INFINITY QUEST - PREMIUM / LE *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email bug.report@sternpinball.com to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy only the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted
USB stick.
3 - Power game off.
4 - Insert USB stick.
5 - Turn on game.
6 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update.
7 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
8 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Online PDF of Rules:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

V0.98.0 - January 28th, 2020
- Battle Thanos - added this Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after playing Battle Royale wizard mode and all 5 Gem Quests
- Thanos Attacks - added this new Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after collecting the Soul Gem and playing at least 2 Gem Quests
- Super Victory Laps - starts after winning Thanos Attacks as a 3 ball multiball and after winning Battle Thanos as a 6 ball multiball
- Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos
- Black Order Multiball - fixed an issue where Total display effect was using the wrong background video
- Black Order Multiball - collecting a Super Jackpot now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - defeating the Black Order now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem, Black Order Multiball, or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - updated background text layout and fonts for consistency
- All Gem Quests - all Final Blow animations are now full screen
- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot
- Combos - base scoring changed from 150K to 300K
- Combo Jackpot - base scoring changed from 3M to 5M
- Hawkeye Challenge - implemented Marksman difficulty award of 'Light Gem' in order of: Running Quest -> Failed Gem Quest -> Failed Soul Gem -> Unplayed Gem Quest -> 5M consolation
- Thor Spellout - fixed an issue with text overlapping UI Gems on later game Thor spellouts
- Strange Spellout - if you possess all the Gems, STRANGE letters cannot be collected unless conditions are right to begin a Thanos wizard mode
- Strange Spellout - if you have played all the Gem Quests and do not possess the Soul Gem spelling STRANGE and shooting in the Portal will collect a random Avenger
- Power Gem Quest - scoring build rate for Spinner increased, Glancing from 10K to 25K / Critical from 25K to 75K
- Trophy Collect - fixed a crash that would happen when more than 24 trophies would be collected before playing Trophy Mania
- Light Shows - added Change Gems light show while selecting your Gem placements
- Light Shows - added Black Order Multiball light show for start of mode
- Light Shows - added Replay light show
- Light Shows - many new light shows added for new modes
- UI - updated fonts used in Avenger and Black Order power bars for consistency
- DJ Mixer - fixed an issue with the maximum adjustment value being off by 1 which could cause the game to crash if set to this value
- Extra Ball - consolation when Extra Ball is disabled scoring changed from 1M to 10M
- Replay - default starting replay from 50M to 100M
- Audits - fixed Right Slingshot audit counting for left side

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'THANOS ATTACKS START QUESTS PLAYED' - default: 2 - number of Gem Quests that need to be played to light Thanos Attacks (must also possess Soul Gem)

- System - Updated to V2.69.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.66.0

It's a toss up between this and Stranger Things for my next Pin. The less complicated rule set on Stranger Things is making me lean towards Stranger Things, but I wouldn't say no to Avengers.
New code for AIQ is brilliant, for me personally it’s leagues ahead of Stranger Things.

I like the new Thanos attack mode. I'm sure I've heard a few new callouts. I still don't know what they're thinking having that boring blue trophy room screen up a lot of the time, even if you've earned loads of trophies they're too small on screen, it's still a bare blue room.

Lots of lighting improvements.

They still haven't fixed the Gamma Ray to start Soul Shard. (Machine goes in to ball search while Gamma counts down if you make right ramp, up post drops, releases ball and then you can start making Souls Shard shots before countdown of flippers starts).

Not overly happy about losing your Soul Gem if you don't complete Black Order Multiball 🤔

Think they may have also increased difficulty of Battle Royal as well, never had trouble completing it previously.

Definitely made it harder - which I think it needed.

It's a toss up between this and Stranger Things for my next Pin. The less complicated rule set on Stranger Things is making me lean towards Stranger Things, but I wouldn't say no to Avengers.

both great games so you can't go wrong.

Got to, and defeated Thanos.
Then played 'Super Victory Laps' for a grand total of 1.5mil!, even then it didn't replace the default High score of 1mil. Along with super combos.

Had the machine lockup on a different game, and needed to power cycle.

Still quite buggy.

In addition I've never ever played a machine with such bad flipper power fade, and that includes LotR and any machine played at shows (worst one being Goldeneye in the League finals one year). After half an hour it's noticeable, after an hour you can't make either of the ramps nor the right orbit. I know that you can buy fan sets to clip to the coils, but why should I have to spend over $150 to get a non Stern mod to be able to play?
Anybody else noticing such bad fade?

In addition I've never ever played a machine with such bad flipper power fade, and that includes LotR and any machine played at shows (worst one being Goldeneye in the League finals one year). After half an hour it's noticeable, after an hour you can't make either of the ramps nor the right orbit. I know that you can buy fan sets to clip to the coils, but why should I have to spend over $150 to get a non Stern mod to be able to play?
I also have fade on my BKSoR, to the point where the main ramp to the upper PF isn't makeable anymore. Very annoying. Btw $150 for two $5 fans and some 3D-printed gubbins is an absolute rip-off !!

I haven't noticed it on any of my machines but I rarely have extended play sessions. You clearly have your machine set up too easy Wayne :rofl: , you need shorter games.

Last edited:
Got to, and defeated Thanos.
Then played 'Super Victory Laps' for a grand total of 1.5mil!, even then it didn't replace the default High score of 1mil. Along with super combos.

Had the machine lockup on a different game, and needed to power cycle.

Still quite buggy.

I haven't seen the soul gem issue you mentioned wonder if it happens on the LE?

but the flippers really do fade. I've seen this on every game from Stern to varying degrees. NST and BK:SOR are really bad for it. I've got the fans on AIQ, NST and BK:SOR and they work really well. Iron Maiden could do with them also I think and Turtles.

Just wondering if the subway parts are the same on my premium as on people s le it looks pretty beefy to me

Attachments

• C8FBE270-9F34-4731-8922-306BCCC51386.jpeg
    C8FBE270-9F34-4731-8922-306BCCC51386.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2C5A5B70-B2CD-4651-9AE1-EB7F6E7CCFB3.jpeg
    2C5A5B70-B2CD-4651-9AE1-EB7F6E7CCFB3.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 41
New update!

V0.99.0 - February 4th, 2021
- Reality Quest - fixed an issue where Reality Final Blow + Iron Man Locks lit + Hawkeye Challenge lit + Tower Shot could cause the game to reset on the Iron Man lock screen
- Hawkeye Challenge - fixed an issue where Reality Final Blow + Hawkeye Challenge lit + Tower shot was causing Hawkeye challenge to start incorrectly
- All Gem Quests - fixed an issue with Quest Final Blow not starting up music after Final Blow completes sometimes
- Soul Gem - added instructional text to Soul Gem mode start
- Thanos Attacks - successfully defending all the Gems awards you one your Gems back that you may have lost to Thanos before starting the mode
- Thanos Attacks - if you defend all the Gems but have no Gems lost to Thanos, then you are awarded a 3 ball Super Victory Laps
- Thanos Attacks - fixed an issue where tilting during Thanos Attacks avoids him collecting on of your Gems
- Thanos Attacks - adjusted mode music to be slightly louder
- Thanos Attacks - fixed an issue where the high score was not visible in the Attract mode scores
- Thanos Attacks - scoring multiplied based on number of Gems you have collected
- Thanos Attacks - all shots build base score by 250K
- Thanos Attacks - drop targets base score 150K
- Battle Royale - fixed an issue where attack timer was still connected to the UI after completing the mode causing the timer to display for no reason
- Battle Royale - silence music after final shot, music will come back if the game is continuing, in challenge mode it will stay silent for total and then go to Match
- Super Victory Laps - fixed an issue where high score entry was not being awarded
- Gauntlet - fixed an issue with the Gauntlet Gem LEDs where the Gems would go back to dim after all the modes were played
- Bonus - fixed an issue where the Timer panel is visible on the end of ball Bonus countup

- Adjustment Changes:
- none

- System
- no updates

Mezel Mods sanctum definitely makes the Add Ball/Extra Ball lights easier to see, though no less dangerous to shoot for!

Can't get any consistency on the game - last four: 310M, 15M, 340M, 25M <sigh>

Anyone heard from Stern about the subway fingers/plastic heading to the UK?

IMG_3726.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom