What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

We have seen Keith, Raymond and Karl play the game, but my god nothing even comes close to this guy, jesus christ, seriously, he is playing a different game to everyone else.

Watch from 2hrs42min

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/759461298

I haven't been playing much pinball since lockdown, without the competition element I'm less inclined. Where as with Johannes it seems like he has spent lockdown rewriting how you play the game! Seriously, he is doing stuff in this video, I've never seen any other player do, ever. I'm primarily talking about his multi ball play and his use of the dead bounce with multiple balls on the flipper, it's frankly insane. The way he combo's the game as well, wow. Makes the pro look fantastic.

He is an artist

yeh I ordered the yeller from arcadeworld along with a **** ton of black for my tempest!

watch Alek play Black Knight at Chicago last year if you want to see more of that.

Holy **** he almost blew the machine up, dam that kids got super human skills he needs to be part of the actual avengers!

I love the look of the layout and shots on avengers and think it will be the best elwin shooter ever for my skills not that I’ll play anywhere near the aforementioned dude.
Packers art is a sight to behold both my GB now sold and my DP were things of Beauty however I agree with some they kinda looking Same’y for the want of a better word.

I also feel for LE users not getting some exclusive art which goes to show it may have been rushed out as a cash grab before JJPs announcement.
Either way looks like the best premium out of sterns releases the past yr or two.

We have seen Keith, Raymond and Karl play the game, but my god nothing even comes close to this guy, jesus christ, seriously, he is playing a different game to everyone else.

Watch from 2hrs42min

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/759461298

I haven't been playing much pinball since lockdown, without the competition element I'm less inclined. Where as with Johannes it seems like he has spent lockdown rewriting how you play the game! Seriously, he is doing stuff in this video, I've never seen any other player do, ever. I'm primarily talking about his multi ball play and his use of the dead bounce with multiple balls on the flipper, it's frankly insane. The way he combo's the game as well, wow. Makes the pro look fantastic.

He is an artist
I would concur with all of this Craig , next level Genius is Johannes , so great to watch, Poetry in motion ...Avengers looks really fun to play , I love all the combo possibilities that the playfield offers , KME smashes it out the park yet again .

I also feel for LE users not getting some exclusive art which goes to show it may have been rushed out as a cash grab before JJPs announcement.
Either way looks like the best premium out of sterns releases the past yr or two.

I’m not to worried about the art being the same, I’m just glad I like the art on the cabinet.

I believe stern put the game out when they did in order to get back on their cornerstone release timeline, Jeremy had to rush the art as he was brought on last minute and was still finishing up TMNT.

Next week cannot come soon enough!

holy moly this game is epic!

The shots are just lovely, huge flow in them and they are designed to be combo'ed - rules are slightly overwhelming but I've avoided learning anything about this game to try and work it out for myself. Got to the strange limited flip mode last night and really really loved it. the shots to the ramps are fantastic and the hulk spinner shot is both challenging and deeply satisfying.

first impression, Elwin's best, perhaps even the best game ever.

122437048_3388269794621094_7576628831277863546_n.jpg

Good to hear it’s good, what is the subway bit like? That is a bold statement after one night with it!

The subway is cool; more novelty than anything else and not having it in the pro isn’t going to have a big effect. Not having the other stuff though will seriously detract from the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

holy moly this game is epic!

The shots are just lovely, huge flow in them and they are designed to be combo'ed - rules are slightly overwhelming but I've avoided learning anything about this game to try and work it out for myself. Got to the strange limited flip mode last night and really really loved it. the shots to the ramps are fantastic and the hulk spinner shot is both challenging and deeply satisfying.

first impression, Elwin's best, perhaps even the best game ever.
I watched some of Neil's stream last night (shotlick) and he couldn't get the smile off his face and a nice use of expletives 🤬🤬🤬 (I must stress they were happy ones though) 😝😝😝. Will try and get to @Tilt_Birmingham ASAP as their LE has arrived. Not massive on the music or callouts but the flow and shots do look very smooth, flowy and best of all very satisfying.

Certainly looks fun and fast with satisfying shots. As always NPS* is a big factor of any game and a year down the line usually sorts the cream from the cheese.

watching Neils stream last night I just wanted my turn as I admit Neil was having more fun than I’ve seen him on any previous stream so it must be a blast.

As for best ever we will let the dust settle as every new game seems to go no1 pinside till the next best thing :rofl:

NPS* - New Pin Syndrome

I watched some of Neil's stream last night (shotlick) and he couldn't get the smile off his face and a nice use of expletives 🤬🤬🤬 (I must stress they were happy ones though) 😝😝😝. Will try and get to @Tilt_Birmingham ASAP as their LE has arrived. Not massive on the music or callouts but the flow and shots do look very smooth, flowy and best of all very satisfying.
Wait till AIQ gets the JP3 treatment with movie callouts, if it’s as good as the work done on JP3 it will be flawlessly integrated and brilliant.

Tilt, then Neil - I'm hoping the deliveries are moving southwards and I'll get mine soon!

Really looking forward to it, haven't read up about anything as Josh and I also really enjoy figuring the rules of a game our ourselves.

How does the code seem, polish/completion wise?

Tilt, then Neil - I'm hoping the deliveries are moving southwards and I'll get mine soon!

Really looking forward to it, haven't read up about anything as Josh and I also really enjoy figuring the rules of a game our ourselves.

How does the code seem, polish/completion wise?

It seems pretty far on but isn’t 1.00 the voices aren’t as great as the movies but I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took a trip over to Tilt today to check it out.

Rules were really easy to pick up and intuitive. Best score was just shy of 400mil.
Got to Soul Gem (limited flip mode) quite regularly, better than every other game. It's a blast.
Got to Black Order MB a couple of times as well.

Subway is boring and slows the game down considerably.
Turnaround vertical ramp was a bit underwhelming as well. It's rarely lit to have to be hit from what I could tell.
Vertical magnetic lock is very cool, and the way it releases it with a countdown for a feature shot is deceptively hard.

Overall really enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me in the same way that IMdn or JP2 did the first time I played them.
Could really do with playing the Pro when they arrive before I decide whether to pull the trigger.20201022_170142.jpg

Subway is boring and slows the game down considerably.
That's the one problem with this machine. From watching streams it looks like there are plenty of times when one ball is passed right through the lock to pop back out of the vuk, not locking in there. The mech has been designed on the cheap with 1 coil to operate all the fingers so the ball has to be walked all the way through the lock just to come back out. A good design would have let a ball roll right through and pop out.

Last edited:
That's the one problem with this machine. From watching streams it looks like there are plenty of times when one ball is passed right through the lock to pop back out of the vuk, not locking in there. The mech has been designed on the cheap with 1 coil to operate all the fingers so the ball has to be walked all the way through the lock just to come back out. A good design would have let a ball roll right through and pop out.
New code has addressed the subway locks, sounds like it was stopping balls or not releasing them correct? I wanted the subway so I can catch a breather, I’ve got enough games with constant flow that kick my ass, sometimes it’s to catch your breathe before the ass kicking continues :D

New code has addressed the subway locks, sounds like it was stopping balls or not releasing them correct? I wanted the subway so I can catch a breather, I’ve got enough games with constant flow that kick my ass, sometimes it’s to catch your breathe before the ass kicking continues :D
Pretty certain that the new code addresses the 'problem' that if you had 2 balls locked in the subway they would be held in 1st and 2nd positions not allowing a 3rd ball to enter.
You'll still be stuck with the issue of ball being cycled from each held position to exit. (The same way that the juggler lock on CV works)

Pretty certain that the new code addresses the 'problem' that if you had 2 balls locked in the subway they would be held in 1st and 2nd positions not allowing a 3rd ball to enter.
You'll still be stuck with the issue of ball being cycled from each held position to exit. (The same way that the juggler lock on CV works)
Cheers Wayne haven’t got mine yet so didn’t know exactly what was what. I can handle the wait, least my games will last longer lol

I decided to watch the Avengers film in order to better understand what is clearly a complicated game.

I'm not sure that I fully had my finger on the pulse because I thought Thanos was quite a decent bloke.

Back
Top Bottom