What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

never watched Avengers? Man book a day off! absolutely epic series.

I have seen a film called Logan which was excellent. It's about Wolverine who is one of that mob. It wasn't really a superhero film though.

I love Deadpool as well as Hellboy and Blade.

However I was once forced to watch Captain America. It was the most god awful film I've ever seen and the fella playing the lead role couldn't act.

As for spending an afternoon watching the Avengers....... I fear even the wonderful acting of Downey jr and the ample cleavage of Scarlett Johansson couldn't distract me from the irritation caused by Captain Wooden Acting for a whole afternoon.

I had a fantastic game on Tron the other day and after sea of simulation I was two away from portal. Its fast, fun and really gets you amped up..

It’s the music! Stern made their best music pin without even realising it

I think people may be surprised about the Pro. Iron maiden is widely regarded as the best game to come from Stern and that has nothing on the playfield. Subways get boring quickly, so I think the only thing that makes a difference is that extra ramp.

I think people may be surprised about the Pro. Iron maiden is widely regarded as the best game to come from Stern and that has nothing on the playfield. Subways get boring quickly, so I think the only thing that makes a difference is that extra ramp.

I agree about the subway, quite frankly I could do without the interruption of the whole procedure.

The missing ramp was the first thing that I was drawn to when I first saw the machine though. The pro may well be decent but the omission of the ramp will probably thwart pre-orders somewhat. As someone mentioned about it will have to be played before shelling out over £6k.

That being said Elvira doesn't have much going on but is fantastic so maybe the pro will be okay?

That ramp looks cool but imho could lead to lots of reject shots rolling back down if not a direct hit and the games has wireforms up the wazzoo so to me the pro is just fine, plus the 2D glove looks far better than that marigold! Ball locks under the pf, nice but non essential so if I was in, which I'm not so this is unbiased, the pro would be my choice.

Feedback is that the ramps are super smooth and no worries of rejects.

Not the most effusive first impression. Sounded decidedly more 7.5/10 than anything else. The initial appraisal of Turtles seemed a lot more gushing than this.

I think they were more excited by the free poster 😂

Not the most effusive first impression. Sounded decidedly more 7.5/10 than anything else. The initial appraisal of Turtles seemed a lot more gushing than this.

I think they were more excited by the free poster 😂

Seriously? I literally thought the complete opposite - that they absolutely loved it. Funny how we see what we want to see in things.

Seriously? I literally thought the complete opposite - that they absolutely loved it. Funny how we see what we want to see in things.

Far from it, this was not a confirmation bias. If you read my previous posts on here I'm very excited about this release and was certainly not hearing what I want to hear. I'm a massive convert to the Stern Spike 2 system and very much want to like and own this game.

Here's what I heard translated into numbers.

Shots: 9/10
Artwork: 10/10
Animations: 6/10
Call-outs: 3/10
Game progression: 6/10

Then there was a mixed bag in terms of comments.

"The magnet shot is super satisfying every time you hit it"

"The upper flipper is awesome and really works"

"Elwin's best game for flow"

"Zombie's best artwork yet"

"This game is more for points scoring and tournament than story"

"Stern need to start putting together the full package"

"The spinning disk is too stiff"

"The animations are static"

"The sound is disappointing"

"The orbits are great"

"You wouldn't want to own this and Deadpool"

My finger is hovering over the 'buy button' on this one so it was very interesting watching the video. I'll look forward to seeing more. I actually appreciated their impartiality and honesty with what they didn't like. I understand the Deadflip chap get's his machines loaned to him from Stern he'll be slightly compromised.

Just watching now, big fan of Greg and Zach, always super cool about my YouTube channel. Game looks really great and they seem to dig it for the most part. As for Pro Vs Premium, not sure I'm as ****d as I thought I was. Spinner works for me after all.

Far from it, this was not a confirmation bias. If you read my previous posts on here I'm very excited about this release and was certainly not hearing what I want to hear. I'm a massive convert to the Stern Spike 2 system and very much want to like and own this game.

Here's what I heard translated into numbers.

Shots: 9/10
Artwork: 10/10
Animations: 6/10
Call-outs: 3/10
Game progression: 6/10

Then there was a mixed bag in terms of comments.

"The magnet shot is super satisfying every time you hit it"

"The upper flipper is awesome and really works"

"Elwin's best game for flow"

"Zombie's best artwork yet"

"This game is more for points scoring and tournament than story"

"Stern need to start putting together the full package"

"The spinning disk is too stiff"

"The animations are static"

"The sound is disappointing"

"The orbits are great"

My finger is hovering over the 'buy button' on this one so it was very interesting watching the video. I'll look forward to seeing more. I actually appreciated their impartiality and honesty with what they didn't like. I understand the Deadflip chap get's his machines loaned to him from Stern he'll be slightly compromised.
Nice attention 👍, I think you’ll find a bunch of these dudes are Stern compromised to a certain degree, including SDTM.

Context my dear man, context, they both said that but both said they would take Avengers over Deadpool, Deadpool would be leaving I think Greg said, which is huge praise imo as Deadpool is brillaint!

Nice attention 👍, I think you’ll find a bunch of these dudes are Stern compromised to a certain degree, including SDTM.

I understand it totally by the way.

Panasonic and Ricoh have both given me cameras to field test then review. I had the Lumix GH5 3 months before release. They just asked me to take it to football, field test it then mention at the end of the videos that I was using a Lumix. In the end they took the camera back, gave me a £1500 lens and loaned me an additional body. Ricoh gave us a 3D camera to giveaway to our Patrons as a competition prize

I'm totally compromised really 😂

I say only lovely things about those two manufacturers.

^^^^^^ Yep, A few hidden gems on Pinside also... but you can spot them 😃
View attachment 120568

Schmoozing for freebies 😉😉

Quite right too. There's not much I won't say for a free camera. Come to think of it I'd probably do and say anything for a new pinball.

I'd rank Deeproot pinball the best pinball manufacturer of all time if they gave me a freebie.

In all seriousness I guess Avengers is probably better than Turtles. My point was that they were far more excited about that when they did the equivalent video. They were giving that beauty a 9/10 but had a few negatives for this one.

Maybe they liked the free pizza rather than the complimentary marigold 😬🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

14 LEs wow!

Who else other me, Kirk and Lee have ordered one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bet a skilled model painter would improve that glove immeasurably without having to go down the Mezel Mods route.

Back
Top Bottom