What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

It’s an interesting dilemma; you hear all this stuff about global warming and sustainability - yet the biggest harm to the environment is the birth rate yet nobody is doing anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s an interesting dilemma; you hear all this stuff about global warming and sustainability - yet the biggest harm to the environment is the birth rate yet nobody is doing anything about it.

Thanos did . . . lovely fella.

Universal genocide then he went vegetable picking. I think he was on the verge of making a nice broth before some inconsiderate swine chopped his marigold off.

But look how many gays are about these days, seems to be nature is taking care of it😬

Let's be honest, there's more than a whiff of hypocrisy on this forum.

Which pinball machine clears toxic waste from the ocean? Popeye

Which pinball machine is critical of deforestation? Popeye

Which Pinball machine preserves endangered animals in an arc? Popeye

Which pinball machine promotes veganism by promoting spinach & Olive Oil? Popeye

Popeye is the morally correct choice and I didn't even mention the mode where the player rescues a lost baby.

If folk on here really cared about the environment then they'd purchase the only truly ecologically themed pinball machine . . . . Popeye saves the earth.

Which pinball machine promotes veganism by promoting spinach & Olive Oil? Popeye

Popeye is the morally correct choice and I didn't even mention the mode where the player rescues a lost baby.

If folk on here really cared about the environment then they'd purchase the only truly ecologically themed pinball machine . . . . Popeye saves the earth.
✅😂

i'd definitely go AIQ Marvello.

The lack of the ramp and subway won't make a big difference.

Avengers pro will be ready to play from 0800 Wednesday morning at Chief Coffee in West London (Turnham Green W4).
New pinball incoming💥

Avengers Infinity Quest
Turtles
Jurassic Park
Stranger Things
Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash

+
New imported Japanese arcade cabinets -
Street Fighter 4 Ultra (Taito Vewlix VS)
Akai Katana (Taito Vewlix C)

Last edited:
Have any Pros made it into people's homes over here yet? I had Turtles Pro on my wanted list but think this looks better from the videos I've watched.

I have one arriving on Wednesday which I'll be filming extensively. If there is anything in particular you'd like to see let me know and I'll give you as much information as possible.

Hopefully it will help you make a decision.

Avengers pro will be ready to play from 0800 Wednesday morning at Chief Coffee in West London (Turnham Green W4).
New pinball incoming💥

Avengers Infinity Quest
Turtles
Jurassic Park
Stranger Things
Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash

+

That's a fine line-up 👍

New pinball incoming💥

Avengers Infinity Quest
Turtles
Jurassic Park
Stranger Things
Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash

+
YES SAM 👊

New pinball incoming💥

Avengers Infinity Quest
Turtles
Jurassic Park
Stranger Things
Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash

+

Akai Katana? Nice one!

I find this odd.

The chap on Pinside has purchased the game and rated it without being rude. He's even said that the shots are great and he loves Elwin.

Evidently he's not impressed with the video and audio yet the validity of his opinions are 'flagged'.

Did he have to give it a 10 or perhaps pretend to like aspects of the game that he didn't?

He's not lying either, he sold that very machine on pinside after 43 games 😂

Screenshot_20201027-084657_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201027-084712_Chrome.jpg

Just heading back home after putting some games on the freshly unboxes Avengers Pro at Chief Coffee. Such a lovely shooting game and looks and sounds great too. Also had a few games on TMNT and Stranger Things. Both excellent games. Cheer Sam.

wasnt took environmental friendly when so many nearly new ones and even some NIB ones ended in landfill!

wasnt took environmental friendly when so many nearly new ones and even some NIB ones ended in landfill!

Absolute nonsense.

They were disposed of responsibly and with a minimal carbon footprint.

The high quality timer was recycled to make paper for impoverished African school children.

The bulbs were removed and used in the headlamps of the Toyota Prius.

The spinning wheel motors were used on wind turbines.

The spinach was used as fertilizer to grow even more spinach.

The giant rhino mostly went to waste but the horn was powdered down and sold as an ineffective aphrodisiac.

Just heading back home after putting some games on the freshly unboxes Avengers Pro at Chief Coffee. Such a lovely shooting game and looks and sounds great too. Also had a few games on TMNT and Stranger Things. Both excellent games. Cheer Sam.

Nice one man, was cool to kick it and shoot some after hours games. It’s definitely a great addition 🙌🏼

Attachments

• 9FDD0B80-4953-4D66-B3E4-5B4F65C85F0C.jpeg
    9FDD0B80-4953-4D66-B3E4-5B4F65C85F0C.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 028ECCC4-B379-460B-9AFA-8CD916D5FFD7.jpeg
    028ECCC4-B379-460B-9AFA-8CD916D5FFD7.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 48

Judging by some of the stuff I see on Pinside I can't imagine these guys are doing much shagging. So at least much of the pinball community is doing its part.

My LE arrived late this evening. First observation is that it is much easier to setup a machine when you have help and aren't doing it on your own.

0.90 had some pretty big bugs but 0.92 seems better. Only issue so far is when dropping a ball into the Mystery VUK, sometimes it bounces into the subway and isn't recovered with a ball search. Needs a good hard whack on the side (hard enough to risk a Tilt). I can't really see anything that's designed to stop that happening - anyone else had issues?

Great fun so far, not really figured out scoring. The Avengers tower ball lock is great and the shots really flow very well. I find it easier to hit shots than on IMDN. LCD usage is pretty good, callouts could do with some work but I guess that'll get polish over the next few versions.

The subway is the weak point. Went for a game just now and the ball locked in there And couldn’t get out. Turns out one of the ‘welds’ came apart and dropped the connector out of the mech so one of the forks stays up. #Broken subway.

Attachments

• 82CEEB86-3E87-401D-A7AC-248D8D0E8677.jpeg
    82CEEB86-3E87-401D-A7AC-248D8D0E8677.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 32
  • A9A3CF06-F58B-4718-B645-82AC62EFE5F1.jpeg
    A9A3CF06-F58B-4718-B645-82AC62EFE5F1.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 30
I can probably patch it with a bit and bolt, but will the other welds fail? Why didn’t stern use nuts and bolts I wonder?

Hmm my subway so far touch wood has been fine - not had that problem you’ve had Martyn. Guess this is a time issue. JazzB that problem has happened to a few on pinside also and likely will happen to them all.

Suspect we will see a fix kit coming out of stern for it though.

What manufacturing dates have you got?

Hmm my subway so far touch wood has been fine - not had that problem you’ve had Martyn. Guess this is a time issue. JazzB that problem has happened to a few on pinside also and likely will happen to them all.

Suspect we will see a fix kit coming out of stern for it though.

What manufacturing dates have you got?

Yeah i’ve seen the posts of whole sections coming loose and dropping out - hadn’t seen a single lug coming off though, but it’s the same issue: crap welds or poor design. Looks like the new ones they’ve been sending out have better welds but can’t see why these aren’t nuts and bolts. Thought mine was fine too until 10min ago!
I’m just heading out with the family but will check the date when I get back.

More reports or broken subway welds, I would guess there will be a fix/replacement subway mech due at some point to all owners, unless it’s a case of getting a replacement once your breaks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom