What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

Ramps looked pretty shootable even if the upper flipper and the game looked fantastic although the upper flipper did catch the ball a few times. Thought the animations were very cool - slightly disappointed they used the same score font as Jurassic park as I prefer the turtles one - the ruleset looks great and a lot of work through. On the whole glad I put my money down. Music a little dissapointing but hard to hear it right on stream.

So many morons asking the same dumb questions on chat so the useful ones get lost but I did get a question in on the pro differences - which are virtual locks instead of real locks and the spinner is used in place of the ramp but requires twenty spins for the same mode. So gameplay apparently the same....

^^^music to me was more like background noise.
It has everything expect atmosphere, they need to sort the music out with code updates.
Pinball machines should have that feel good factor when plunging, good sounds/music will really help in this department.
Really like the slide style animations, very crisp.
Shots look amazing.

Last edited:
The game wasn’t plugged into the stream (not sure why not) so hard to get a clear scope on the sound but compared to Deadpool or Elvira it doesn’t sound quite so exciting. Same guy who did the music for avengers did the JP2 music which wasn’t great IMO.

I would have liked to have seen them have an average player on stream as Keith, Ray and Jack are all very good players. But thumbs up for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

later on Roper plays and he’s more average and he does ok on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some of the sounds after you left @Neil McRae were amazing the Gamma Ray Hulk shot is awesome...

I think it was cause there was no direct audio

Am I happy I brought a LE still? HELL YES

Jam-packed playfield and jam-packed with coding!

I've only watched a few minutes of the stream, do they show the tower holding more that 1 ball?

Check out the stern insider podcast I’m sure they refer to it and Keith says it can hold 2 balls during a certain mode.

A little pinball browser can sort some of the music, although it’s comic book based when I watched the game/feature reveal trailers I instantly thought I’ll add the movie theme to the game LOVE the movies avengers assemble theme, kinda needs that exciting score.

Check out the stern insider podcast I’m sure they refer to it and Keith says it can hold 2 balls during a certain mode.
Yeah I've listened to that, that's why I questioned it. I've skipped through the stream just stopping at random points but have yet to see more than 1 ball in the tower. I'll watch it properly when I get home on Saturday.

Yeah I've listened to that, that's why I questioned it. I've skipped through the stream just stopping at random points but have yet to see more than 1 ball in the tower. I'll watch it properly when I get home on Saturday.

I didn’t notice it on the stream but then again I wasn’t really looking for it, I just remember something being said on the stern podcast and I’m sure they where talking about the tower when they said it can hold 2 during a set mode/s.

Prem/LE translatie is the same because of time, due to ZombieYeti coming onto it late and doing TMNT he just didn't have the time to do a separate one for the LE.

Love the artwork and that they've carried that onto the screen animations. Really pleased they've done comic book and not films as it gives a lot more flexibility to choose who/what to include and how to do that. ZY said as he's worked with Marvel a lot they pretty much let him do what he wanted, only had one note of issues on the whole art package.

The play looked great and very deep with some great modes like having a flip count with permanent ball save to make shots. The timed Battle Royale game adds something different as well as a new way to play.

Can't wait for it to arrive!!

Code and layout look amazing. Really awesome looking pin. I find the Avengers theme and art etc a little bit bland, not bad just not super interesting. Overall though the game looks a massive winner, kinda wish this got the Turtles theme.

IMO the animations looked stilted- I know it’s based on the comic strips but just seems so vanilla compared to DP

IMO the animations looked stilted- I know it’s based on the comic strips but just seems so vanilla compared to DP
I thought that at first, thinking they're not really animations, just passing a static shot of a character across the screen or zooming in on it, but I've grown to like it, thinking it's quite stylised.

I know what you mean as I own DP which is very polished Mainly due to code Updates.
Back when DP released I know of someone who quickly dumped it thinking it was a lemon but later regretted doing so.
Not all games can be saved by code but a lot can be improved I think Avengers looks good both Layout, Art and Code so the only way is up IMO and I’m sure due to the assets and how open Marvel are the Video can easily be addressed.

Having just watched the stream I have to say that some of the flow, pace and return on the wireforms look sensational.

Despite the giant purple bloke/woman on the backbox, other unrecognizable characters dressed in leotards and a giant marigold glove . . . it looks like it may be one of the best games produced.

It's possibly the only machine I've seen where the premium looks remotely tempting. That being said for over 9 grand I'd expect a crafty hand-job from that glove after wizard mode.

Something about it just doesn't seem to gel. I'm not sure if its the right ramp that drops the ball by the avengers tower (the way the ball stops, changes direction and then rolls to the flipper) or the melted marigold that is different in the LCD art. Also at one point the music sounds like another game. I can't put my finger on it.
Overall, a solid game but too soon after TMNT.

^^^^ Is it possible they had two pinball designs for TMNTs in mind and went with the former?
Avengers is now using the 2nd rebadged TMNT?
Is this plausible??
It’s released so soon after TMNT...... so perhaps already designed, just needed artwork - re-themed?? If license sanctioned already, Marvel being a sure thing....

It just looks like there's so much to do!!! Can't wait. All the money has gone into the game play - looks awesome for home play in particular.
And I love the comic theming, it'll never age the way movies and TV shows do. Opinions though eh...nice that we all have them!

Back
Top Bottom