What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

I do wonder if the prolificacy of nib Stern production will force down the value of the second hand Stern models as more become available? Even the wealthiest will have a finite limit on how many machines they are willing to house.

On the flip side it may well increase the appeal & value of Bally/Williams machines as the Sterns become more prevalent.

^^^^^ I suppose the real winner here is Pinball, more pins exist in the wild, keeps the hobby alive.
However, prices are getting ridiculous for NIB. I guess the veterans on here have been stating that for a while but getting to - really taking the **** stage.
The second hand market looks like the way to go now for a number of reasons.

I love how they paid homage to The Shadow with the Sanctum target! but rather than throw the ball backwards it throws the ball the length of the playfield to the left flipper , completely destroying Houdini's previous record :D . Surprised they didn't edit that out.

So it appears the LE + Premium art packages are identical due to the timeframe to get the pin out the door 😂. Premium owners, get you legs powder coated to a lovely Color - not yellow, updated armour, you have a super LE.
No doubt you’ll pick up a mirror back glass at some stage from Europe DE - like I did for my Metallica lol....

Last edited:
Just back from Portugal so catching up on all things pinball.

This looks really great! Not sure about the yellow oven glove but layout is superb. Stern/Elwin are just doing an amazing job at the mo.

Anyone grabbing a topper for their Avengers? Supposedly has an extra mode just like JP3.

Are the toppers really ready though? Elvira topper was teased months ago and still isn’t available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being tossed around over on pinside they will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Elviras topper leaked months ago, would never have guessed it would be a grand though!

TMNT topper is a motorised technodrome, designed/using Yeti’s art for the look so it should be stunning!

Being tossed around over on pinside they will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Elviras topper leaked months ago, would never have guessed it would be a grand though!

Any idea what the Stranger Things will be?

TMNT topper is a motorised technodrome, designed/using Yeti’s art for the look so it should be stunning!

Any idea what the Stranger Things one will be?

It wasn’t leaked though - it was shared on Stern Insider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stern insider podcast episode 8 is with the entire design team of Avengers. Rules sound great!

yeah I posted some of it above. the limited number of flips mode sounds awesome.

yeah I posted some of it above. the limited number of flips mode sounds awesome.

I liked that but what I really liked was the way the infinity gems give you perks, in the game and against Thanos.

But if you loose them to Thanos he gains the gem and their perks and they work against you in the wizard modes when you face Thanos.

I have to say that this machine looks outstanding and I care little for the theme (I don't have a Scooby Doo who most of the characters are).

However so much of the actual gameplay looks good. I'd have been tempted to purchase a pro nib but the lack of a ramp & wireform was reason enough not to. I can take or leave the underground feature which I suspect reduces the flow and I'm not bothered about the fist thing. However that ramp looks like such a fun shot but not £2500 worth.

In short the pro doesn't look quite good enough and the premium looks amazing but out pf my budget.

I very much look forward to playing one though.

I'd have rather they swap the drop targets for standups ( as is the norm) and left the ramp in. But I guess they need a reason for people to buy the premium so can see it from both sides.

Agreed, that vertical wire form (on the Captain Marvel shot?) Seems like a big omission from the Pro. The subway ball lock thing is cool but could easily do without. The marigold glove thing you're definitely better off without. The Mezel's must be rubbing their mits together sorting that one out.

Listening to the stern insider podcast it sounds like the ramps cost a tonne, specially the captain marvel ramp which they hint at costing a big chunk of change and taking several iterations to get right causing headaches between them and the vender.

Last edited:
Listening to the stern insider podcast it sounds like the ramps cost a tonne, specially the captain marvel ramp which they hint at costing a big chunk of change and taking several iterations to get right causing headaches between them and the vender.
I wonder how many iterations it took to get the st lock ramp right that still doesn’t work
The ramp on the avengers does look good but if there is not enough power on the shot could be sdtm

I wonder how many iterations it took to get the st lock ramp right that still doesn’t work
The ramp on the avengers does look good but if there is not enough power on the shot could be sdtm

Probably just the one from what I’m seeing on pinside.

The inverted ramp is angled so hopefully saveable from going SDTM.

I’m more worried about the black widow ramp, up top centre, that thing is steep! On the podcast I’m sure they said that was the steepest ramp Stern has ever made. And there doesn’t appear to be a post anywhere to knock it from going SDTM.

Back
Top Bottom