What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

New code!

V0.95.0 - December 22nd, 2020
=============================
- Mainplay - adding some instructional text to the background when nothing else is running
- Hawkeye Combo - change base scoring from 450K to 600K
- Super Reactor - change base scoring from 200K to 300K
- Super Gauntlet - change base scoring from 250K to 400K
- Hulk Rampage - change base scoring from 200K to 400K
- Hawkeye Challenge - adding Hawkeye Challenge difficulty names Amateur, Pro, Marksman
- Combos - remove the Right Orbit from being a combo after Left Ramp
- Mind Gem Quest - fixed an issue where the Controlled Avenger Sanctum Target logic was not working occasionally
- Mind Gem Quest - no longer blinking the Controlled Avenger if a stage has been missed
- Time Gem - fixed an issue where the mode would still end when shooting a Time Gem shot when the Super Mode Timer was in grace
- Change Gems - adjustments to lighting to be able to see where you are positioning the Gems better
- Change Gems - added an audible timer so you know how many seconds you have left to place Gems
- Change Gems - added Perk descriptions that are show as you are placing each Gem
- Computer Grid - change computer grid 'EXTRA BALL' text to 'LIGHT EXTRA BALL' since this is what it does
- Soul Gem - fixed an issue where the Flips Removed value would always say '5' even though the adjustment may have been changed
- Black Order Multiball - added new starting display effect, instructions timing has been updated
- Battle Royale - added Final Award display, sound, lamp effects that play when you win the mode
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where the game could not be restarted if you Forced Endgame during Challenge Mode intro display effect
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where using Force Endgame during Challenge Mode intro would result in the next game sometimes going straight to Match
- Light Shows - added Gem Quest mode start light shows
- Light Shows - added several different Iron Man Multiball Jackpot light shows
- Light Shows - added Game Intro light show
- Light Shows - added Match light show
- Light Shows - adding lockdown button pulsing / flashing for enter initials
- Topper Light Shows - many new Topper light shows added
- DJ Mixer - select this option from the Game Mode Menu to listen to all Avengers: Infinity Quest songs (Free Play Only)

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'DJ MIXER BACKGROUND' - default: RANDOM - randomly chooses 1 of 7 background types to play for the DJ Mixer session, change this to lock in your favorite

- System - Updated to V2.64.0

New lightshows awesome! Removing the right orbit from combos off black widow ramp not so awesome!

Flea was born in Needles, California.

I passed through on my rt 66 trip last year.

We asked in 3 separate shops where to stay in Needles, they all said don’t!

We had no choice in the end as the places in Nevada were full. We holed up in some flea bitten hotel with barely functioning ac and a temperature of 110 at 11pm. Also we had a light show from the cops arresting some drug smuggling ring at midnight just outside!

Oddly on our way back from LA a Jeep sped past us with the license plate ‘Flea’ but we’d already been pulled twice for having an expired plate (turns out the Indiana version of the DVLA is a bit crap!) so didn’t fancy speeding after him to check if it was.

New plastic part for the marvel ramp for LE/premium owners - @philpalmer have you heard anything from Electro/stern on replacement subways and this part below please?

Cheers,
Neil.

IMG_4049-3.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

I've been playing my Pro without fault for the last few months.

However last night after losing a ball, the disc wouldn't register whatsoever. It still spun freely, it just didn't award any STRANGE letters.

I didn't feel like lifting the playfield and investigating last night, but just wondered if anybody else had experienced this and where I should start looking - other than the obvious solder wire failing and coming loose, rather than having to place a service call?

Did it work after a reboot Wayne? Mine stopped registering after moving the disc manually with a game not running but worked fine after a reboot.

However last night after losing a ball, the disc wouldn't register whatsoever. It still spun freely, it just didn't award any STRANGE letters.

I didn't feel like lifting the playfield and investigating last night, but just wondered if anybody else had experienced this and where I should start looking - other than the obvious solder wire failing and coming loose, rather than having to place a service call?
I had this also but after power cycling the game was fine.

Neil.

What’s the

What is the new plastic on the marvel ramp needed for Neil? I’ve got zero issues with mine so curious what the revised part is for.

Would also like to know about the subway and disc levelling kits @philpalmer
looking at it I think its to stop the glass getting marked as I can't see that it does anything else.

I had this also but after power cycling the game was fine.

Neil.
I did try power cycling first, but didn't fix it.

So tonight,
I reseated all connectors
I went into switch test, spun the disc - nothing.
Went into the specific disc test. Everything registered, the FS (Field strength?) was showing as 300.
I moved the sensor by loosening the adjustment nut slightly to move it closer to the disc .
That gave a reading of 700 ish.
Went in to switch test and still nothing.

Decided to play a game anyway, even without the disc - it worked.

Went back in to switch test and disc still didn't register, it obviously doesn't have a switch on that diagnostic?

Not sure what I did (if anything) actually got it working again, just happy it is

I did try power cycling first, but didn't fix it.

So tonight,
I reseated all connectors
I went into switch test, spun the disc - nothing.
Went into the specific disc test. Everything registered, the FS (Field strength?) was showing as 300.
I moved the sensor by loosening the adjustment nut slightly to move it closer to the disc .
That gave a reading of 700 ish.
Went in to switch test and still nothing.

Decided to play a game anyway, even without the disc - it worked.

Went back in to switch test and disc still didn't register, it obviously doesn't have a switch on that diagnostic?

Not sure what I did (if anything) actually got it working again, just happy it is
Did you have the coin door closed
That switch may be just in the disk test

@Wayne J if you want me to pop over sometime over the weekend masked up then I am happy to do so if you put in a request to Mr Palmer.
You have my number.

EDIT - May be an idea to check if the magnet is still in the bottom and has not dropped out!!!

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 20.34.14.png
For some reason I thought this was opto controlled but I think its some kind of field sensor.

Last edited:
@Wayne J if you want me to pop over sometime over the weekend masked up then I am happy to do so if you put in a request to Mr Palmer.
You have my number.

EDIT - May be an idea to check if the magnet is still in the bottom and has not dropped out!!!

View attachment 129672
For some reason I thought this was opto controlled but I think its some kind of field sensor.
Same as the copter blades on JP pre/LE I think.

I spoke to Raymond and he said get a bug report into to Stern. Iv'e reported it but worth you doing also Wayne.

I had this happen today too. Disc just stopped registering. I went to diagnostics and it came up with a tech alert for node boards 1,8 and 9. The disc was registering in the specific test fine but nothing in standard switch test. I power cycled and it seems to be working fine (with no tech alerts in diagnostics). I seem to average one issue every two sessions of play. Pretty buggy game still.

Good old Stern lottery, thankfully on this title I’ve done pretty good, only issue my game has is the I and R inserts stay ever so lightly lit when they should be off, other than that everything else works on my game flawlessly.

check your games for warping - seems like this is very common with AIQ.

I had this happen today too. Disc just stopped registering. I went to diagnostics and it came up with a tech alert for node boards 1,8 and 9. The disc was registering in the specific test fine but nothing in standard switch test. I power cycled and it seems to be working fine (with no tech alerts in diagnostics). I seem to average one issue every two sessions of play. Pretty buggy game still.
when you open the coin door you kill the power to the node boards and they come up in tech alerts, you can ignore them. I'm assuming you closed the coin door for the test?

Neil.

when you open the coin door you kill the power to the node boards and they come up in tech alerts, you can ignore them. I'm assuming you closed the coin door for the test?

Neil.
That would make sense. Yes it was then closed for the testing.

By ‘warping’ do you mean playfield warping? Are people getting significant issues with it?

That would make sense. Yes it was then closed for the testing.

By ‘warping’ do you mean playfield warping? Are people getting significant issues with it?
I've seen more people reporting warped playfields on this game than any other. get a ruler and put it across the platfield - it should be flat.

ok I'm going to call it. I think this might becoming my favourite game, over TWD. Its outstanding, so many ways to score points its epic.

Neil.

Superb Neil. I don't especially like TWD but I know how much you do. AIQ is definitely on my list.

It's an awesome machine no doubt. I love the Gem placement idea although I don't understand each gem enough to form a strategy. What's your strategy Neil?

mind gem on black panther but _don't_ level him up (which as its one of the more tougher shots is easy). then use that on soul gem quest as its like a walker bomb and allows you to grab three hits and build up your number of flips and then Time Gem on Black Widow. On the LE/Premium also worth putting soul gem on captain marvel because it gets a 100% collect value.

Cheers,
Neil.

What's the consensus on the pro vs prem here? Is the capt marvel ramp really worth £1500 ?

I wasn't so sure but as you understand the rules more in my view premium is a must.

Back
Top Bottom