What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

Oh Christ alive, not this thing.

Not for me but generally - agreed, wasn't expecting Spooky to be the ones to take it but I could easily see that Stern wouldn't think this was the target demographic that they go for.

Well the theme is an instant no for me! But it’s good they are trying themes that might attract the younger generation! Let’s see what the game plays like - I knew the title for Scott’s game wouldn’t be what it was though. Don’t think this is a huge license win and is clearly a cheap license given its limited to 750 units - Eric P (CCC) on code, Bowen has done the rules and Scott the design - hope its got more flows than Alice coopers Brick castle

Neil.

Huge licence, had non-pinball friends messaging me about this.

Metaphorically huge in that:

- As you saidit’s attracting a different market
- Assets they can get for it look complete including voice and (same person) co creator input
- It’s not a rock band as they have explicitly pointed out
At 750 pieces - is this even a risk!?

Dad pays the bills though :D

JJP’s strategy seems to be whatever license we can get at a cheap price. The fact POTC, WW have limited asset use is a huge gaffe - rumour has it toy story has similar restrictions (Tom Hanks never lets his voice be used for example). Toy story with no Woody?!

Anyway let’s see how the game plays and the theme is always secondary anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Metaphorically huge in that:

- As you saidit’s attracting a different market
- Assets they can get for it look complete including voice and (same person) co creator input
- It’s not a rock band as they have explicitly pointed out
At 750 pieces - is this even a risk!?

At 750 units it won’t attract any different market though. 750 of them will most be snapped up by the pinball community.

I’m struggling with the limited number of games - just doesn’t make sense for me.

And spooky did well to keep this quiet wonder if they really wanted to announce now?

Stranger Things allegedly on the stern factory line on Monday then Guns and Roses announcement before the end of the year and now this? Meanwhle deep**** fumble...

I watched it a couple of times but I didn’t think it was that great - adultswim stuff doesn’t really land with me.

The fact POTC, WW have limited asset use is a huge gaffe - rumour has it toy story has similar restrictions (Tom Hanks never lets his voice be used for example). Toy story with no Woody?!

Really? I thought Hanks was completely behind Toy Story and Woody, he lends his voice to everything and anything Toy Story related, my son has just about every Woody item and toy you can imagine and they all feature Hanks voice (either that or it’s an amazing soundalike).

Really? I thought Hanks was completely behind Toy Story and Woody, he lends his voice to everything and anything Toy Story related, my son has just about every Woody item and toy you can imagine and they all feature Hanks voice (either that or it’s an amazing soundalike).

its actually Tom Hanks’ brother who does a lot of the merchandise voice work for woody. It depends on the license deal and whether new assets are required.

its actually Tom Hanks’ brother who does a lot of the merchandise voice work for woody. It depends on the license deal and whether new assets are required.

JJP should definitely pay up for Tom but if they can’t get him I guess his bro is better than nothing, I’ve honestly never noticed it wasn’t Tom, sounds spot on to me.

Rick and Morty is huge with the mid twenties aged guys that I work with. It has a pretty big dedicated following from what i’ve seen. Great way to try to attract a younger/different pinball audience. Will be interesting to see how it does.

Sensible choice of licence but I found the show kinda lame. It ran it's course pretty quickly for me. Still, cool that Spooky got it

Scott + Eric = awesome in my book so that’s point 1.

Point 2 is bowen did the rules.

Point 3 is this theme is massive for the millennium 20s audience. My step son even bought me a dvd of it! And this audience is the one in the pubs most so on site it will do well to

point 4 is deep... just became even more irrelevant. Remember homer’s ‘car for the everyman’ ???

point 5 is stern should learn from this on how to keep a secret 😂

Last edited:
Scott + Eric = awesome in my book so that’s point 1.

Point 2 is bowen did the rules.

Point 3 is this theme is massive for the millennium 20s audience. My step son even bought me a dvd of it! And this audience is the one in the pubs most so on site it will do well to

point 4 is deep... just became even more irrelevant. Remember homer’s ‘car for the everyman’ ???

point 5 is stern should learn from this on how to keep a secret [emoji23]

Point 3 though - with such few machines being made .....

Back
Top Bottom