What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball Scooby Doo

Firstly massive thanks to @philpalmer for allowing me access to the game.

Played about 30 mins on it.

Probably a cross between a 90's WPC and a Jersey Jack.

First impressions were how big and packed it is. I've played Halloween again recently and Spooky pack a lot into their machines.

It's a lovely looking game, they've nailed the theme and incorporated characters and screen amazingly well.

My kids are back tomorrow and I suspect they'll love it. It's fun and quite nostalgic. The modes are the mysteries from the individual episodes and I was surprised how many of the cartoons I'd remembered. They've executed the game really well and the shots flow nicely. This Spooky mob know how to make an upper playfield that's for sure.

Crazy ball locks and some really nice shots off the back of that upper flipper. I definitely get the impression they've made the very best pinball machine they could. All the models and toys are brilliantly made and each wireform is individually powdercoated in a different colour.

CGC and Spooky are providing real alternatives to Stern and JJP imo.

Hi Kris,
Are you planning on a video of Scooby? It's one i'm looking at getting.
Thanks, Rich

Hi Kris,
Are you planning on a video of Scooby? It's one i'm looking at getting.
Thanks, Rich

Absolutely Rich, yes mate. If there's anything in particular you'd like to see, let me know and I'll pop it in the video.

Such a shame mine will arrive out of time for public play. Oh well I'm sure they will everywhere.

Probably a cross between a 90's WPC and a Jersey My ki T

Probably a cross between a 90's WPC and a Jersey Jack.

First impressions were how big and packed it is. I've played Halloween again recently and Spooky pack a lot into their machines.

It's a lovely looking game, they've nailed the theme and incorporated characters and screen amazingly well.

My kids are back tomorrow and I suspect they'll love it. It's fun and quite nostalgic. The modes are the mysteries from the individual episodes and I was surprised how many of the cartoons I'd remembered. They've executed the game really well and the shots flow nicely. This Spooky mob know how to make an upper playfield that's for sure.

Crazy ball locks and some really nice shots off the back of that upper flipper. I definitely get the impression they've made the very best pinball machine they could. All the models and toys are brilliantly made and each wireform is individually powdercoated in a different colour.

CGC and Spooky are providing real alternatives to Stern and JJP imo.
Thanks for the mini review I’m thinking a bws/jj cross sounds brilliant. Really looking forward to this one.

Thanks for the mini review I’m thinking a bws/jj cross sounds brilliant. Really looking forward to this one.

I've just had a good game on on it.

Quite intuitive so didn't need to go searching for the rules online.

I like being able to choose the character at the start. Just managed to get three multiballs in the same game.

It's fun, it's big, it's great looking and it's not too hard. The upper playfield is a serious size with loads of shots and will take a bit of practice but it's very good.

I’m a fan of a spooky games currently owning their GOAT which is TNA however I just loved R&M and it’s great to see another company grabbing some quirky licensing.
My feeling when buying this was 1st and foremost it’s a family game and I’m determined to get Gabe and Wendy involved in some 3 player games.
I think the big upper PF may be due to the fact they used a widebody cab to its potential, not only pushing the Upper PF back inside the head but making the return wireforms utilise the real estate as owners say it’s like a normal PF dropped in a widebody.
I guess it would look crowded in a standard cab forcing some compromise.
One thing nobody can deny is the fact you get a lot of pin for the money!
Real Bash toy
Innovative bookcase flipper/diverter
7 drops 😳
A multitude of toys not flat plastics
Powder coat armour
Decent sound system
Speaker lights
And best of all, 2 spewing cocks that feed the flippers none of this super fast firing Pez dispenser none-sense 😝

Really looking forward to mine arriving and your thoughts @Gonzo

I’m a fan of a spooky games currently owning their GOAT which is TNA however I just loved R&M and it’s great to see another company grabbing some quirky licensing.
My feeling when buying this was 1st and foremost it’s a family game and I’m determined to get Gabe and Wendy involved in some 3 player games.
I think the big upper PF may be due to the fact they used a widebody cab to its potential, not only pushing the Upper PF back inside the head but making the return wireforms utilise the real estate as owners say it’s like a normal PF dropped in a widebody.
I guess it would look crowded in a standard cab forcing some compromise.
One thing nobody can deny is the fact you get a lot of pin for the money!
Real Bash toy
Innovative bookcase flipper/diverter
7 drops 😳
A multitude of toys not flat plastics
Powder coat armour
Decent sound system
Speaker lights
And best of all, 2 spewing cocks that feed the flippers none of this super fast firing Pez dispenser none-sense 😝

Really looking forward to mine arriving and your thoughts @Gonzo
This sums it up perfectly for me too .Spooky are making the game as good as possible and not taking the urine by charging 14k for it.

It's fun, it's big, it's great looking and it's not too hard. The upper playfield is a serious size with loads of shots and will take a bit of practice but it's very good.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Really hoping to get the chance to play one. Definitely think it's a great theme for pinball.

Getting to grips with it now folks.

For clarity, I'm not sure exceptional players are going to value this game because there are no tough shots on the lower playfield.

Like Halloween, the shots are achievable which is great for me. The code seems deep enough that I'm halfway through the mysteries on my best game but I haven't seen a mini wizard mode yet. I also haven't managed to find where or how to get extra balls yet.

It's been here less than 24 hours but I keep switching it on. I'll pop a video up next week after I've learnt some of the nuances but it's very different from a Stern.

It's not as fast as Foo Fighters, Scobby is like a toy store under glass rather than a fast paced shooter.

There's a challenge to locking the balls behind the flippers though. The right one in particular has to be done via the upper PF.

It might be the most fun pin I've had here since WCS94 which is the sort of thing it should be compared with. It's a bit like Toy Story but without the annoying 4 x pop bumpers that kill the flow. Scooby also has good flippers, there's something not quite right with the action on JJP's and Pinball Brothers.

I'm so lucky that I get to test these machines . . . . very grateful.

My daughter said it's the best game we've had here since Cactus and Monster Bash. Upper PF is easy to get to so she's just doing that on repeat but who cares . . . she's playing pinball.

It's a lot of pinball machine for the money, the BOM must be high. It's like a JJP but the top model of Scooby is 2k less than the base model of Godfather.

Getting to grips with it now folks.

For clarity, I'm not sure exceptional players are going to value this game because there are no tough shots on the lower playfield.

Like Halloween, the shots are achievable which is great for me. The code seems deep enough that I'm halfway through the mysteries on my best game but I haven't seen a mini wizard mode yet. I also haven't managed to find where or how to get extra balls yet.

It's been here less than 24 hours but I keep switching it on. I'll pop a video up next week after I've learnt some of the nuances but it's very different from a Stern.

It's not as fast as Foo Fighters, Scobby is like a toy store under glass rather than a fast paced shooter.

There's a challenge to locking the balls behind the flippers though. The right one in particular has to be done via the upper PF.

It might be the most fun pin I've had here since WCS94 which is the sort of thing it should be compared with. It's a bit like Toy Story but without the annoying 4 x pop bumpers that kill the flow. Scooby also has good flippers, there's something not quite right with the action on JJP's and Pinball Brothers.

I'm so lucky that I get to test these machines . . . . very grateful.

My daughter said it's the best game we've had here since Cactus and Monster Bash. Upper PF is easy to get to so she's just doing that on repeat but who cares . . . she's playing pinball.

It's a lot of pinball machine for the money, the BOM must be high. It's like a JJP but the top model of Scooby is 2k less than the base model of Godfather.
Sounds great that gonzo , I’ve got both a scooby and cactus coming, so hoping they both tick the box of just a really fun game

This really is a game I’d have to play before buying one. Great theme, looks amazing but the upper playfield is where most of the action takes place.

Looking forward to the video @Gonzo

I doubt I'll have a proper video done before Tuesday. But here's a little bit of gameplay for those who've already ordered.

Tell you what kris, takes me back to Saturday afternoon watching Scooby and what a beautiful looking pin

I doubt I'll have a proper video done before Tuesday. But here's a little bit of gameplay for those who've already ordered.

Sounds like it's running on old code Kris, still has the really drab main music. Also it won't have the new shaggy sandwich mode.

Tell you what kris, takes me back to Saturday afternoon watching Scooby and what a beautiful looking pin

It's gorgeous Paul. Fair play to spooky for putting so much effort in. It's like a JJP but 4 grand less 😬.

Gameplay won't be for everyone but the kids are playing it which is a big deal in this house.

Back
Top Bottom