What's new

Spooky Pinball Scooby Doo

Had 1 game on scooby at pinfest, seemed ok but didn't get another game all weekend as it was down 90% of the time. Bit of a worry with a few of us waiting for 1. Anyone know what was actually wrong with it? @CHRIS B PINBALLS ?

Had 1 game on scooby at pinfest, seemed ok but didn't get another game all weekend as it was down 90% of the time. Bit of a worry with a few of us waiting for 1. Anyone know what was actually wrong with it? @CHRIS B PINBALLS ?

From what I could tell it wasn't registering a ball in the shooter lane. Looked fun and seemed to play well speaking to the people playing it, usually breaking on them mid game.

The issue we had on Sunday was the plunger not being strong enough to get the ball to the playfield, just repeatedly smacking it up the shooter lane.

I've heard the design/mounting of the plunger coil/mech is very suspect and a common issue with those that have machines already so that makes complete sense :confused:.

Was playing fine Saturday morning before breakfast, I had a pretty decent game on it, and got a half decent score

Attachments

• IMG_5222.jpeg
    IMG_5222.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
I've heard the design/mounting of the plunger coil/mech is very suspect and a common issue with those that have machines already so that makes complete sense :confused:.
Spoke we gonzo about the fault as the one in the reception was close to a prototype as it was number 24 , he reckons by time we get ours the fault should be rectified

Spoke we gonzo about the fault as the one in the reception was close to a prototype as it was number 24 , he reckons by time we get ours the fault should be rectified

Hello mate,

Yeah it was number 18. Not quite a prototype but an early version made before they started full production. Massive shame really because it played well on Thursday night and most of Friday which is when the ball launch began to play up.

I'm afraid the precise issue is beyond my technical knowledge, but it would often rectify itself when switched off, but resurface again after a period of play. Chris B did switch over the launch coil but it didn't make a difference so perhaps the fault was electronic rather than mechanical?

Sorry guys.

Hello mate,

Yeah it was number 18. Not quite a prototype but an early version made before they started full production. Massive shame really because it played well on Thursday night and most of Friday which is when the ball launch began to play up.

I'm afraid the precise issue is beyond my technical knowledge, but it would often rectify itself when switched off, but resurface again after a period of play. Chris B did switch over the launch coil but it didn't make a difference so perhaps the fault was electronic rather than mechanical?

Sorry guys.
You didn’t make it pal 🤣 nevertheless a beautiful pin looking forward to mine

Got to play it fri night. What a lovely looking game and seemed fun to play was a pity couldn’t hear it. As was said it was unfortunately off a lot of the weekend. Played it again Sunday and think the volume had been turned up. YOINKS.
Had very long ball times and I’m a poo player so I liked that.
I’m sure issues will be ironed out
My non pinhead friend also really liked it and had good games on it.
Think it could be a winner

One of the main problems was it’s the first time I have seen and played it and it’s always hard to diagnose strange problems when you don’t actually know what the game is supposed to do and it’s always difficult to fix games in a show environment
I am sure it will be à simple fix once we get it back to the workshop
I managed to get one game on it and got grand champ god knows how as I don’t have a clue how to play it ball time did seem long and most people who managed to play it gave positive feedback and it looks great and it’s very packed

I think Spooky have a reputation that their Pins are generally fine in a home environment, but can develop problems onsite being switched on and played all day.

Was running and getting a tonne of play Thursday and Friday (not sure when it went down).

For me it felt more solid than Lebowski (flippers just felt less responsive) and Homepin (display gorgeous but playfield worse than a Sega and everything felt off) - but both outlasted what I’m sure as Chris says was a simple fault, but fault no less.

I’d go with Scooby of the three, played much more TBL but felt like you’d seen more of the game easier, the modes on Scooby were a tonne of fun, all varied and the light show and call outs explained them really well. That upper playfield is bulky but has so much going on. Compared to Foo Prem, it just goes to show how you can do upper playfields so different but so well. Scooby really is something else.

Was running and getting a tonne of play Thursday and Friday (not sure when it went down).

For me it felt more solid than Lebowski (flippers just felt less responsive) and Homepin (display gorgeous but playfield worse than a Sega and everything felt off) - but both outlasted what I’m sure as Chris says was a simple fault, but fault no less.

I’d go with Scooby of the three, played much more TBL but felt like you’d seen more of the game easier, the modes on Scooby were a tonne of fun, all varied and the light show and call outs explained them really well. That upper playfield is bulky but has so much going on. Compared to Foo Prem, it just goes to show how you can do upper playfields so different but so well. Scooby really is something else.

Thanks for helping set up mate 👍

Got to play it fri night. What a lovely looking game and seemed fun to play was a pity couldn’t hear it. As was said it was unfortunately off a lot of the weekend. Played it again Sunday and think the volume had been turned up. YOINKS.
Had very long ball times and I’m a poo player so I liked that.

Yes it does look easy but that's fair enough for the theme.

If was in the arcade and I was 12 years old my £1 would last longer on this. In comparison to a 1991 T2 in the arcade that would just rob you if lack skills and we got more value off playing Street fighter II.

Caught my wife in a good mood today and, after a little persuasion, I'm now in for a Scooby CE. Hopefully here in 6 weeks. This may coincide with my CCR arriving too so we'll have a big bill from Phil! Very exciting!
Exciting times indeed I’ve got both coming and you will indeed have a bill for both as they are coming in at the same time but you’ve got two wonderful non stern games coming congrats

Exciting times indeed I’ve got both coming and you will indeed have a bill for both as they are coming in at the same time but you’ve got two wonderful non stern games coming congrats
Thank you! Long long wait for CCR but hopefully worth it. I'm a little nervous on the reliability/ code on Scooby Doo but let's see when it gets here. At least I can't buy any more, I'll have run out of room when they arrive :)

Thank you! Long long wait for CCR but hopefully worth it. I'm a little nervous on the reliability/ code on Scooby Doo but let's see when it gets here. At least I can't buy any more, I'll have run out of room when they arrive :)
phil at pinball heaven is pretty good and spooky are excellent when it comes to support both look mega games

Back
Top Bottom