What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Message him asking for the color file for Fish tales, he'll need the device id from your pin2dmd which you can get in the configuration menu.
It's only £20ish donation via PayPal then he'll give you access to a Google drive folder, copy the files onto the microsd card which is in the display.
He's quite helpful 👍
Does anyone have an email address for Martin? I tried registering for VPUniverse and no email ever arrived (spam or inbox). Tried a different email and that didn’t work either. My husband tried to register and it said you couldn’t have two registrations from the same IP :mad:

So… no way of registering for the site to contact him right now.

Okay. I've now donated 20 EUROS to Martin Knoppke for his colorisation, and have a .fsq and .pal file on the Pin2DMD MicroSD card. Do I need anything else? It still comes up in red and white.

Sorry about all the questions. This is totally new to us.

Does anyone have an email address for Martin? I tried registering for VPUniverse and no email ever arrived (spam or inbox). Tried a different email and that didn’t work either. My husband tried to register and it said you couldn’t have two registrations from the same IP :mad:

So… no way of registering for the site to contact him right now.

Sorry for seeing this too late, he's a friend of mine on FB so I could have saved you this stress🤦🏻‍♂️

Make sure the files are renamed correctly like Davey says.

Sometimes you have to go into the pin2dmd settings and try different palettes , make sure you go to 'save config' when you change settings. Don't try that unless the colorisation is working but the colours look like they're all the wrong way round, if that makes sense.

I can check my fish tales' settings if needed.

Hi @VeeMonroe all good! Have you made the filenames PIN2DMD.FSQ and PIN2DMD.PAL ?
No, I hadn’t. Thanks, everyone 🥰 Sorry for clogging up the thread!

BF5505C1-F52C-462B-9BED-FA6EFD2AF734.jpeg

No probs. Looks awesome! 🥳

You can change the colours of the speaker lights too if you would prefer them green, blue etc. Just connect to them over wifi. PM me if any troubles.

A couple more gorgeous Stumblor Pinball XL HD panels with interactive speaker lights ready to be shipped out to customers today 😍

Get in touch with @stumblor if you are interested in one of these for your game.

Alternatively follow the link below:

1F043BF1-07D8-4591-91E7-1169F3B27016.jpeg

Description says you need a power cable. Is there a reason they're not supplied?

Description says you need a power cable. Is there a reason they're not supplied?

Some people go straight into the power board, some prefer to use an external psu. We've historically left that up to the customer to sort out, although I have sent many cables out for people who get stuck or can't crimp.

Some people go straight into the power board, some prefer to use an external psu. We've historically left that up to the customer to sort out, although I have sent many cables out for people who get stuck or can't crimp.

You know I love crimping since the first Afterglow's and your YouTube video🤣

It's the splitter part I am not sure about.

(Claire tempted to get one for her 'drive thru' 😄)

You know I love crimping since the first Afterglow's and your YouTube video🤣

It's the splitter part I am not sure about.

(Claire tempted to get one for her 'drive thru' 😄)

Splitter part - do you mean the external PSU cable?

What's the power draw on these DMDs is it more than a colordmd? Just wondering why an external PSU would be required.

What's the power draw on these DMDs is it more than a colordmd? Just wondering why an external PSU would be required.

I've never actually measured it, but for the sake of argument it's likely around 1A for the screen and 2A if speaker lights are added.

Not a *huge* amount, but for an aging power board with other mods attached to the 12V line, it can cause resets if not seperated.

Regardless of what a mod draws every one of my pins has them powered via an external PSU like these.
I once bought a LOTR had several mods all pulled from the Sam board. From day one I had constant resets and it eventually blew a fuse! Upon further investigation when replacing the fuse it had been uprated from its required one of 5a to 7a which I assume was the modders answer of how to power these extra mods. WTAF 😱
Needless to say I ripped half of them out and fitted my usual PSU so the next owner could sleep at night knowing his pin was safe and sound.

These are available from Amazon/eBay from 1-30a +
93A23622-5090-409F-87B6-85C3D628323D.jpeg

I mean if you're powering from the game and no pay, when you find your power and ground on the power driver board often it's occupied. The standard pin2dmds often came with those awful splice things but I've seen some people have made a splitter cable. But it needs a male part, I suppose like a Z connector?

Many pins have a black and white wire near the coindoor unused. This will have mains power and this is where I tap into.
On newer pins like Sterns Spike2 you can piggyback at the power switch with these things and put an inline fuse before the PSU.

E6F8FCC8-918D-42EB-95A8-B92AA0B0CC94.jpeg
33ACFA7A-3FC8-475F-A506-EA0406FCEAEE.jpeg

Many pins have a black and white wire near the coindoor unused. This will have mains power and this is where I tap into.
On newer pins like Sterns Spike2 you can piggyback at the power switch with these things and put an inline fuse before the PSU.

View attachment 190542View attachment 190543

I'm thinking Bally Williams/wpc, long cable to the coin door?😄

I mean if you're powering from the game and no pay, when you find your power and ground on the power driver board often it's occupied. The standard pin2dmds often came with those awful splice things but I've seen some people have made a splitter cable. But it needs a male part, I suppose like a Z connector?

If you've no ports left on the 12V live, you're already overloaded ;-)

I've never actually measured it, but for the sake of argument it's likely around 1A for the screen and 2A if speaker lights are added.

Not a *huge* amount, but for an aging power board with other mods attached to the 12V line, it can cause resets if not seperated.
Personally I can’t see it being anywhere near 3A . LED’s have very little draw. Be interesting to get a reading though. It will vary a little on how bright you set the display brightness too.

If you've no ports left on the 12V live, you're already overloaded ;-)

How come for all pin2dmds I've got I've had to use those cable splices on existing wires with instructions of which headers provide the correct voltage and ground.
None of my games I've put pin2dmd in (upto four now) had empty headers enabling me to make a simple connecor, All of them stock with no mods.
The XL one that came with Theatre has a splitter, I assume from a colordmd display.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding 😳

For my TZ, I used a flying lead with a croc clip to TP8 on the Power Driver board which is the 18V feed to the 12V regulator, as well as the lamp driver supply.

Regardless of what a mod draws every one of my pins has them powered via an external PSU like these.
I once bought a LOTR had several mods all pulled from the Sam board. From day one I had constant resets and it eventually blew a fuse! Upon further investigation when replacing the fuse it had been uprated from its required one of 5a to 7a which I assume was the modders answer of how to power these extra mods. WTAF 😱
Needless to say I ripped half of them out and fitted my usual PSU so the next owner could sleep at night knowing his pin was safe and sound.

View attachment 190536
this is definitely the right decision, it’s cheap and very easy to do. The best Mod for your pinball machines.

View attachment 190536
This is a no brainer, whether or not technically you can the machines where not designed to do this, your bound to damage something down the line. It's cheap and fairly easy to do. (Although does require a little skill 🤭😃)

This is a no brainer, whether or not technically you can the machines where not designed to do this, you’re bound to damage something down the line. It's cheap and fairly easy to do. (Although does require a little skill 🤭😃)
Is there an easy to follow guide or YouTube video you recommend? (WPC - CFTBL)

from various projects over the years ive found the unbranded cheap pus's to be a bit sketchy reliability wise after a while.
had some crap out after a while or voltage output is not consistent.

i try and stick with "mean well" ones these days, not much more expensive but more industrial quality.

Would appreciate a guide on how to install an extra PSU for mods and how to mount it in the game

Would appreciate a guide on how to install an extra PSU for mods and how to mount it in the game

This was already mentioned a few posts back for you.

This was already mentioned a few posts back for you.

Doh🤦🏻‍♂️

Gone full circle now, I see what Davey was thinking when I said splitter cable. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom