What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Otherwise a separate PSU, which is the better option if you are already running a few things off the 12v line and plan on having speaker lights.

I'm working on a switch box splitter cable that can power an external PSU, PM me if you need.

I have a q - mine keeps booting with the PIN2DMD logo rather than the game DMD content - I have to press a button on it to get it out of the moment - is this a setting somewhere?

Neil.

This seems to happen occasionally, though a power cycle fixes it. Anyone else getting this freezing?

Attachments

• IMG20220319113100.jpg
    IMG20220319113100.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 40
This looks very similar to what @Mfresh was having on his RS, but it was happening all the time. Could you try a different ribbon cable to see if that fixes it?

Will do, seems not to happen too often anyway
See if it’s when the display lights up quite bright due to animations with lots of lit pixels, could cause it to draw a lot of current and dip the voltage rail powering the micro and it will just crash.

I fitted a separate supply for mine, no problems at all. That was on a STTNG, I sold it but not heard of any issues.
For the cost it’s not worth adding extra load to the power board.

Thats a good point, how are you powering atm Mike, off the 12v rail?
Yes, the old standard size PIN2DMD seemed happy on the 12V rail but I guess the HD panel takes a lot more power, plus the lollypop lights of course.
I'll try a separate supply...

I’ve just messaged you.

The one on the Fish Tales at Pinball Republic is spectacular 🥰

Thanks mate, well, it would be if we could get the colour files working!!

Has anyone else had this problem? Matt has copied the PAL and FSQ files onto the SD card, named them correctly, but they're not being picked up.

1647798240745.png

@MadNat sorry dude, any idea? All looks okay to me.

Is it unique to the XL version?
I have same colour file on my pin2dmd working fine

I just used the files from my old pin2dmd and they worked fine after I changed the rgb sequence

Interesting that you had to do this, as that's what the PIN2DMD.DAT file should do (I select i based on the type of LED panels are being used). So it wasn't working before you did this?

It was partially working and some animations were coloured and some weren't either ways the rgb sequence needed to be changed regardless

I had issues with TZ (apart from not having the right palette selected) - Sorted it out by resetting the P2D config back to factory.

I had issues with TZ (apart from not having the right palette selected) - Sorted it out by resetting the P2D config back to factory.

Mike I think since yours was one of the first to go out I wasn't including the .DAT files at that point, which should carry the RGB sequence automatically.

Be interesting to know if that doesn't work in all situations tho.

Received a lot of messages about these today (must have been a big day at PR!), which is totally great, and I'm really happy and pleased that everyone is liking them so much. I'm definitely going to be doing more runs (starting to take names for round 7 *gulp*) but just wanted to post this here so everyone is aware of what the current situation is.

We're currently at position 28 - with about 3 or so boards left in stock. The list is almost up to 70, which is nuts (but awesome). Now, if I could order 40 PCBs tomorrow and crack on with building all the ones that have been requested I would, but unfortunately I have to wait until more stock of the STM32 becomes available. @Ashram56 has people on the inside (nvidia ;-)) who think that we'll be seeing a dump of STM32s in the next few months, and I sincerely hope that's true, but the truth is none of us really know - or what price they'll be when they finally do show up. Rest assured, as soon as they do, I'll be ordering a chunk of them, as long as it doesn't bankrupt the business to do it.

Thanks everyone on the list who has been patiently waiting, and for all those who have bought up to now. Hopefully you're all loving them as much as I am.

@DanLewell you're now on the list mate, thanks! :)

Thanks mate, well, it would be if we could get the colour files working!!

Has anyone else had this problem? Matt has copied the PAL and FSQ files onto the SD card, named them correctly, but they're not being picked up.

View attachment 164199

@MadNat sorry dude, any idea? All looks okay to me.
Hey Davey - not sure if you fixed this? I have seen some larger (128GB) SD cards not being read by PIN2DMD. I did ask Lucky to add a feature to the firmware that confirmed if colour files had been loaded but that wasn't logical. 🙄

You could try a smaller SD card.

Thanks mate - as far as I'm aware these SD cards should be fine (I buy them in bulk) and I confirm that by the activation code file being written in the first place - but I don't know if something happens after that to cause it not to read from there.

We'll try the RGB sequence first, then go from there. Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry Neil missed this one. So it goes into the pin2dmd configuration menu on boot, and you have to exit out of that?

It displays the pin2dmd logo big and I have to take backglass out and press a button on it to go to the game content. I triEd reseating the SD card but no difference.

Neil.

:oops: Never seen that before. You could try change the game mode to WPC? It should be on that already but worth trying.

Sorry Neil missed this one. So it goes into the pin2dmd configuration menu on boot, and you have to exit out of that?
It displays the pin2dmd logo big and I have to take backglass out and press a button on it to go to the game content. I triEd reseating the SD card but no difference.

Neil.
PIN2DMD logo normally means no data from the game. Is the ribbon cable connected properly and the right way around? Worth a quick check

Back
Top Bottom