What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Ah good call. The cable is fine as I just press a button and it starts working. But I have Scorbit on the game and I wonder if Scorbit booting could delay it long enough that it causes this.

Even with this surely it should recover when there is data?

Ah good call. The cable is fine as I just press a button and it starts working. But I have Scorbit on the game and I wonder if Scorbit booting could delay it long enough that it causes this.

Even with this surely it should recover when there is data?
Yes does work ok with Scorbit. Scorebit/probe needs to be powered though, otherwise the data won't pass through.

There is sometimes some time delay to get the PIN2DMD working with Scorbit. I've seen the Scorbit logo data send the PIN2DMD into a scramble on boot up. But sorts it's self out after a 30 secs or so. If not a reboot of the machine.

@NeilG - Dad, we maybe a bit late to the game with this one, but do you fancy an extra large colour Pin2DMD on T2? Have a look at this thread, don't they look awesome?

There is sometimes some time delay to get the PIN2DMD working with Scorbit. I've seen the Scorbit logo data send the PIN2DMD into a scramble on boot up. But sorts it's self out after a 30 secs or so. If not a reboot of the machine.
Hmm maybe not then if I power cycle I just get back to the pin2dmd. need to try it without the Scorbit probe and see if it still does it.

WHOO HOO - 20 more boards ordered today!! 🎉

The board cost has gone up a bit though I'm afraid - £40 quid extra. Considering the climate though that is not too bad.
Exactly what boards are you looking for Mate? Several of us trawl looking for stuff as a matter of course - Could always give a heads up if we know what you are looking for and find at a reasonable price :)

Exactly what boards are you looking for Mate? Several of us trawl looking for stuff as a matter of course - Could always give a heads up if we know what you are looking for and find at a reasonable price :)
Give me a shout if you ever find large batch of mk20dx256vlh7 :)

It's the STM32H743VIT6 and the STM32F427VIT6 that cause me all the grief, but ideally they need to be sourced by (or sent to) my fabricator so they can auto build.

I noticed on my TZ that it upscales ok but the Creature at the club doesn't... Wondering why?

Attachments

• IMG20220402123309.jpg
    IMG20220402123309.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 35
Hello mate - this is a setting in the configuration. There are two options "Doubling", which will be what creech would be using now, and 'Scaling' which you need to set it to.

I might have those names wrong but you get the idea :)

Davey

Installed Pin2dmdHD over the weekend on my Iron Man. Took a quick picture to share. Still have some work to do, decided on installing a separate power supply, you can see the cord on the lower left. Davey, you did an amazing job. I will post video once I have it installed properly. But for now, Thank you for all the great work. I am already dreaming of how one will look on Luci. I think she is a bit jealous. Also just wanted to mention the quality workmanship, its beautiful. I should have taken pictures of the back as well. Thanks again Davey.
Matt
IronManHDStill001.jpg

Yes! I thought it was possibly set to that also. Matt could you check the settings? They should go out with scaling set as default.

Yes! I thought it was possibly set to that also. Matt could you check the settings? They should go out with scaling set as default.
Originally was set to scaling as default. I changed it to 2x in settings to see the difference when using the Iron Man color file that have. I will switch back and post a pic. Matt

Ghostbusters!!

Before:
1652706886584.png

After:

1652707088352.png

Back on the case with the HD pin2dmds!

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-24 at 09.38.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-24 at 09.38.48 (2).jpeg

A gorgeous looking Twilight Zone and Star Trek TNG, in full colour HD and Lolly lights, put together by the newest member to the Stumblor family 👪 @strongs_uk.

Get in touch for the listz! Much shorter build time expected that previous quotes, we're looking at a couple of months atm. Everyone who has expressed interest previously, expect a PM soon.

We've just installed our wonderful XL Pin2DMD for Fish Tales. The colourisation seems to be mostly white with some red. Is there any way of fixing that? I've not used Pin2Dmd before so this is all new to me.

We've just installed our wonderful XL Pin2DMD for Fish Tales. The colourisation seems to be mostly white with some red. Is there any way of fixing that? I've not used Pin2Dmd before so this is all new to me.

You have to buy the colorisation file, unless it was supposed to come with it?

His name's Martin and very good👍

Hi Viv have you installed the colour files?

You have to buy the colorisation file, unless it was supposed to come with it?

His name's Martin and very good👍
Thanks, @David_Vi. Do I just create an account and then message him? And how do I actually upload the file?

Hi Viv have you installed the colour files?

No, because we didn't find the instructions :oops:

So, basically, I buy a SD card reader, create an account, and contact Martin for the file. Thanks!

Thanks, @David_Vi. Do I just create an account and then message him? And how do I actually upload the file?

Message him asking for the color file for Fish tales, he'll need the device id from your pin2dmd which you can get in the configuration menu.
It's only £20ish donation via PayPal then he'll give you access to a Google drive folder, copy the files onto the microsd card which is in the display.
He's quite helpful 👍

Back
Top Bottom