What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Scared Stiff ... My first playfield swap

"Very nice! You've been practicing!"
Those photos will be handy when I start populating my bare playfield, yikes. I'd like to think I source a populated one but I think that's unlikey. Still the parts are coming together.

I bet you're glad that's done! Looked pretty daunting to me!
Yes mate. I was very glad when it was all done.

I'll finish it off properly one day. It still had the coin door, mirror blades and new cab decals/rails to go on.

Right now thought I'm focused on Indiana Jones/LoTR.

LoTR is nearly done. You'll find updates soon under @Dracoola.

One key bit of advice for you. CPR fully admit to having their dimples at least 1MM out in every direction. DON'T TRUST THOSE DIMPLES! Mark things out and watch out for those small ball guide wires. Its dead easy to chip the playfield. Ant suggests using a dremel bit for plastic to burr off the clear around the hole then re-drill as neccessary.

One key bit of advice for you. CPR fully admit to having their dimples at least 1MM out in every direction. DON'T TRUST THOSE DIMPLES! Mark things out and watch out for those small ball guide wires. Its dead easy to chip the playfield. Ant suggests using a dremel bit for plastic to burr off the clear around the hole then re-drill as neccessary.
I'm using a used one, that I'll touch up and lacquer (clear coat) so at least that'll be in my favour! I can imagine you wincing with those damned plastic leg protectors by the way with them damaging the artwork.
I too went with the metal protectors and have those on all of my machines. A must have IMHO.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 15.37.00.png

I'm using a used one, that I'll touch up and lacquer (clear coat) so at least that'll be in my favour! I can imagine you wincing with those damned plastic leg protectors by the way with them damaging the artwork.
I too went with the metal protectors and have those on all of my machines. A must have IMHO.

View attachment 187236
Nice find on the used one! I just bought a Mirco playfield for Fish Tales which will be my next playfield swap. I cringe every time I see those plastic protectors. They do so much damage to Vinyl decals!

Its still pretty stressful cutting around the leg protector mind! I burn through No.11 blades :D.

Just had to finish up the Indy (not mine) that was pretty stressful after doing so much work making the cab decals go on perfect!

Nice find on the used one! I just bought a Mirco playfield for Fish Tales which will be my next playfield swap. I cringe every time I see those plastic protectors. They do so much damage to Vinyl decals!

Its still pretty stressful cutting around the leg protector mind! I burn through No.11 blades :D.

Just had to finish up the Indy (not mine) that was pretty stressful after doing so much work making the cab decals go on perfect!
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 15.50.13.png

Yeah, I'm sure this will be fine. It's going in, either way! I got some good replacement Boogie Men for my EATPM, I'll probably order some more the same for the SS.
A lot you see on SS's are pretty poor replacements.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 15.49.09.png

Anyway, I they're the least of my problems right now! Currently sorting a wiring harness, I'll have to add a minor update to my thread soon.

I

View attachment 187236
If I was you cut the decals around those like Stern do. You could get wrinkles

Occurs to me I never showed the coin door.

Big thanks to @Ant-H for sorting out the acrylic material, cuts and LED strips/fitment.
PXL_20230325_224645112.jpg

PXL_20230325_224655994.jpg

PXL_20230325_224703053.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom