What's new

Rocky-Pins would you buy from him

i have sold stuff to kristian in the past all i will say is his idea of mint may not be yours
i would view it in person also have a good look at the repro hologram

How can you tell which hologram you have, are they identified at the rear? Certainly for this price I would expect the Pinball Dream version to be fitted so it's as close as possible to the original..

Henrik's is like the original whereas other one has very little detail - easy to see if comparing.

Henrik's is like the original whereas other one has very little detail - easy to see if comparing.
IPB were the original repos for the hologram, since then there has been many copys, mainly bad ones but a couple of good ones.

i sold him that whitewater that he flipped it still makes me laugh when people mention it
people on here have good memorys
Still kicking myself now for not buying it...they hardly ever seem to come up for sale.

It means he bought it and then quickly resold it again for a higher price. People described as flippers are profiting from knowing the market, which is perfectly legal but understandably unpopular.

It was me who bought that Dracula off this guy and gave him the bad feedback.
It was described as "in fantastic condition" but definitely was not.
All the red on the cabinet was re-painted. The backbox sides were many shades of black. Was said to have LED's but only where they were easy to put in! I had to buy quite a few more to complete it.
The translate had 2 complete folds in it. Mixture of black and white rubbers. Needed new leg bolts feet and balls. I finished up stripping it and rebuilding it because it was dirty in places that were not easy to get to clean.
When I complained and asked for some money back, he was quite obtuse and said "what do you expect for a 20 odd year old machine". I was so annoyed that I asked to return it for a refund as it was not as described.
He replied with a brief message saying the money was already spent.
Don't buy unseen from him - if it's too far to go - my advice is DON'T buy it!

I have a nice CFTBL that I have almost finished restoring - I reckon it's much nicer than his one and will be for sale at less than 2.5K! It has the original Hologram that is still very visible but is a bit bluish.

Had to give some input after reading this post!

@Kenny Taylor you have asked for advice and it has been given so go through with the deal expect the same problems as Garry had if not worse. you have said that you are 'anal' with what you buy/expect so I would say go through with the deal then expect to be analised (is that a word?. no Dan no pics)

I've been on the fence with this one. Not exactly had sleepless nites ;-) Made up my mind last nite after a comment on the last post. When I mentioned issues with machine highlighted by Steve C he txt me with 'the PIN is 20 years old, I think your expecting a new PIN.
I replied with I know it's not going to be perfect but I need to know exactly what I'm getting. TBH when he is selling an item like this and with distance selling you really need to describe the machine a lot better.
He seems a decent guy. I'm sure the Pin will sell but unfortunately not to me.. Onto the next one :)

Appreciate all your help with this

@Kenny Taylor you have asked for advice and it has been given so go through with the deal expect the same problems as Garry had if not worse. you have said that you are 'anal' with what you buy/expect so I would say go through with the deal then expect to be analised (is that a word?. no Dan no pics)

I think the word you are looking for is "reamed" :-o

I've been on the fence with this one. Not exactly had sleepless nites ;-) Made up my mind last nite after a comment on the last post. When I mentioned issues with machine highlighted by Steve C he txt me with 'the PIN is 20 years old, I think your expecting a new PIN.
I replied with I know it's not going to be perfect but I need to know exactly what I'm getting. TBH when he is selling an item like this and with distance selling you really need to describe the machine a lot better.
He seems a decent guy. I'm sure the Pin will sell but unfortunately not to me.. Onto the next one :)

We all breathed a big sigh of relief when you told us you were not going ahead with the deal.

If I were you, I would consider taking up @Garry Sp8 up on buying his when he has finished restoring it. I've played alot of Gary's machines and they generally all very nice fully restored machines. Of course you can buy much cheaper Creatures, but if you were looking for fully restored Garry would be a much safer bet

Reactions: JMP
We all breathed a big sigh of relief when you told us you were not going ahead with the deal.

If I were you, I would consider taking up @Garry Sp8 up on buying his when he has finished restoring it. I've played alot of Gary's machines and they generally all very nice fully restored machines. Of course you can buy much cheaper Creatures, but if you were looking for fully restored Garry would be a much safer bet

I'd second that. Been to Gary's several times at league meets and have seen the standard he gets his machines to.

Thats what we are all here for, help, and of course to play pinball.

Suggest that if you still want a CFTBL then PM (private message) click on the start a conversation with Garry Sp8 as he has some great machines and knows what he is doing/saying plus Halifax is a lot closer than Essex and when you see his collection you will probably pee your pants as it is amazing:D

Thats what we are all here for, help, and of course to play pinball.

Suggest that if you still want a CFTBL then PM (private message) click on the start a conversation with Garry Sp8 as he has some great machines and knows what he is doing/saying plus Halifax is a lot closer than Essex and when you see his collection you will probably pee your pants as it is amazing:D
Thanks for the plugs guys - appreciate it.
Kenny has been in touch and I am sending him some details shortly.

Not true
Unless it has a repro hologram in there or has never been used theres sod all chance that the hologram is still a decent shade of green anymore. Then again all depends on how much it appeals to you as part of the package.

Not true, I had a well played creepy and the original hologram was still bright green

If you end up with a machine from Garry then its a far better result Kenny, I can also attest for the condition of his machines which are top notch! :)

Nah doesn't look like it. He did offer but that was to reel me in a bit further. I did say to him to deduct any costs due to me not going thru with sale. So down 50quid. Could have been worse!!
That's not too bad considering what you have learnt and the contacts you have made just from this thread, looks like you're going to end up with a healthier machine for less, cant ask for a better outcome really!

Back
Top Bottom