What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your dogs!

He's on the mend now and it's actually healing pretty well.
If you don't have pet insurance then get it if you can afford to, bills in excess of £5K so far ( so much for being a cheap mongrel 🤣)

He's on the mend now and it's actually healing pretty well.
If you don't have pet insurance then get it if you can afford to, bills in excess of £5K so far ( so much for being a cheap mongrel 🤣)
Jesus, that’s not cheap! A dogs a dog mate and mongrels are some of the best, we had one when I was a kid. German shepherd/border collie mix we think and what a dog😎
Good luck🍀

Rather nasty abscess possibly caused by something as innocuous as a grass seed
Grass seeds are evil things. The amount of them I see at work in the summer is insane. They often enter in paws, ears etc but can track through the body, and can cause real problems especially if they reach the lungs etc. The buggers can fragment as well which makes removal more complicated.
Hope your boy is on the mend 👍

Reactions: PAX
+1 on the pet insurance... our cavapoo is a magnet for bad luck and always at the vets, he's ripped a chunk out of his chest on barbed wire and looked like he'd been shot, he's allergic to the buttercups in our field/meadow, he's sliced his paw pad in two, and also has epilepsy which is tablets twice daily for life... :eek: Not to mention all the ticks he brings in the house... but butter wouldn't melt:

Eddie-Christmas.JPG

Can’t believe I’ve never noticed this thread until now. Love to see some dogs! We don’t have our own (yet) but we often get to enjoy the company of this one when dog sitting for my parents…

15C8E4E6-F719-4874-B784-392BC3FC7B0A.jpeg

2A15D30B-EC4D-4464-A087-A04B6D49CEE8.jpeg

DADEEF32-9852-4841-82DC-637340667F93.jpeg

8668DFE2-6699-4B5B-8984-692604F5DB7A.jpeg

All I can say is she's very lucky she's so adorable because she's only around 1.5 years and can still be a bit of a nightmare!

Went to look at a Thai Ridgeback in a local rescue centre today, been organising it for a few weeks.
My one has been very quiet since putting my other one down about 18 months ago, been thinking about another dog and one of my sons has been nagging me about it.

Well it’s like a gift from the Gods for one to turn up locally and be friendly 🍀 Lovely dog, the dark one. About a year old so he will get bigger, mine is big for a bitch.

Waiting for a home check but all should be good🤞
BA4BD6AA-6711-46D3-A968-07B163F1C93A.jpeg
5A8ECEDF-F640-48B4-9525-6C666A1D2DF3.jpeg

Went to look at a Thai Ridgeback in a local rescue centre today, been organising it for a few weeks.
My one has been very quiet since putting my other one down about 18 months ago, been thinking about another dog and one of my sons has been nagging me about it.

Well it’s like a gift from the Gods for one to turn up locally and be friendly 🍀 Lovely dog, the dark one. About a year old so he will get bigger, mine is big for a bitch.

Waiting for a home check but all should be good🤞
View attachment 192827
View attachment 192828
Love the colouring on that grey one!

Waiting for a T2
My sons been trying for me to get one of those as his girlfriend has a dapple one named Frank😂
Went missing a few weeks ago when someone let it out, few of us driving around looking for it.
Another son saw it in the local water works and was chasing it about and got him eventually, they run faster than you think!

Love the colouring on that grey one!
Me too mate, she came from Latvia. Her dad is a well known one and has been champion of Europe etc
We got her at 6 months old from a breeder of Chows in Birmingham, she didn’t get on with their dogs so we bought her to try and calm down the other crazy one we had but it didn’t work really. Gutted about that🙁

The one in the rescue home is a very strange colour for one but nice, almost bronze looking in real life. Must be a gene thing going on as he 100% looks like a Thai Ridgeback.

Took mine out for a walk yesterday and the usual happened. Some gormless old druggy let his bulldog/staffy come storming over off lead from miles away. Dexter inevitably snapped and again I'm stood there trying to separate two fighting dogs. Mine on the lead, the other loose with an owner with no intention of breaking into a jog. Why does it need to be so difficult just walking a dog these days?

Took mine out for a walk yesterday and the usual happened. Some gormless old druggy let his bulldog/staffy come storming over off lead from miles away. Dexter inevitably snapped and again I'm stood there trying to separate two fighting dogs. Mine on the lead, the other loose with an owner with no intention of breaking into a jog. Why does it need to be so difficult just walking a dog these days?
Yeah that’s really annoying, if you don’t have 100% recall your dog should be on a lead. The amount of times it happens and people just say sorry about that etc.
Always have mine on a lead, would love for them to be set free but I’m not risking it out in public.

On a positive note we have been accepted to re home the dog above and going to see him again tomorrow morning, apparently he was going to be put down as he was a stray but my local rescue centre took him on from another rescue centre as he was so rare and a nice dog. Lucky boy!

My son with him on the last visit

View attachment trim.236129F0-8CF5-4428-A16C-AA05ED557FDF.MOV

Picked Soda up this morning, man he doesn’t stop😂🫣
Thea is bossing him and showing who is boss, we shall see!
No sleep tonight I’m guessing but what a lovely dog absolutely no aggression😎
View attachment 193751
View attachment 193754
View attachment 193755
BBC NEWS FLASH:
Police were called to Pembrokeshire this evening when a new family dog bit the arm of his owner.
Wife insisted it was out of character and the husband must have done something to provoke him.
Man was taken to hospital to have arm sowed back on.
Dog is doing ok.
Lol….

Last edited:
BBC NEWS FLASH:
Police were called to Pembrokeshire this evening when a new family dog bit the arm of his owner.
Wife insisted it was out of character and the husband must have done something to provoke him.
Man was taken to hospital to have arm sowed back on.
Dog is doing ok.
Lol….
Your right, my heart has been going much faster the last 24 hours. This boy is an evil looking mofo and they have been playing hard today😫
I like to live life on the edge but thinking I’m getting too old for this now😂
Feed time is interesting!
Wife picked this up from Basingstoke today while visiting her mother, ebay bargain £300 like new. Little does she know its to put girls in😂🫣
1676830686517.png

Your right, my heart has been going much faster the last 24 hours. This boy is an evil looking mofo and they have been playing hard today😫
I like to live life on the edge but thinking I’m getting too old for this now😂
Feed time is interesting!
Wife picked this up from Basingstoke today while visiting her mother, ebay bargain £300 like new. Little does she know its to put girls in😂🫣
View attachment 193907
I've seen that in Jurassic Park.

I let Belle pick out her own chew toy today in the pet shop.
More than a touch worried that this might actually turn out to have a battery compartment 😱

Attachments

• F1AA9FB8-7B2B-4A8A-B67C-EF3783112162.jpeg
    F1AA9FB8-7B2B-4A8A-B67C-EF3783112162.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 15
Fitted him with Apple Air Tag but still can't let him off the lead for more than a few minutes. That prey drive is insane. Last time I let him off he spotted a seagull and chased it, then the next seagull, then the next. Within about 30secs he was a speck on the horizon. Then on the way back he was trying to swim out to them.AF5EC5A7-1D14-4E3F-8C11-9253615A3B8B.jpeg

I let Belle pick out her own chew toy today in the pet shop.
More than a touch worried that this might actually turn out to have a battery compartment 😱
Be careful with that, I think one of my dogs lost a tooth with one of those. Probably because I just left it with him.

The new dog whacked me in the eye last night with his paw, absolutely agony like being punched. Swollen eyelid is touching my eye😖

Fitted him with Apple Air Tag but still can't let him off the lead for more than a few minutes. That prey drive is insane. Last time I let him off he spotted a seagull and chased it, then the next seagull, then the next. Within about 30secs he was a speck on the horizon. Then on the way back he was trying to swim out to them.
At least you can let him off the lead, that’s really good👍
Peoples dogs are off lead here on the beach and it’s normally only me with the lead attached, so much space to run too.

Those antlers cause my dog to salivate and swallow a lot, then he becomes a gas machine and is visibly uncomfortable.
We just had a week in wales and he tried to eat a lot of sheep poo and the got very uncomfortable but the stupid boy won’t learn and does it every time we go out.
However, he is good at scrambling up hills.

2008D5A8-52B5-4E1E-8214-E209328D1AE9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom