What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your dogs!

Is he a rough collie or sheltie? I want to say rough collie because of the snout.
I grew up with a blue merle rough collie, sadly put to sleep in 2008 and he looked very much like yours 😍

Then a few years later I got my parents a sable and white sheltie to fill the whole and replace me as I'd moved out 😆.
That is the exact phrase i used it’s not about replacing a loss it’s about filling a massive hole in the family

My son put my old Labrador down today, I had to give him to my son as my new dog at the time wanted to kill him. He is back in this thread somewhere.
Son only lives 2 doors away so wasn't a problem.
Think he was nearly 14 years old but it was time to go, hopefully he will meet his old buddy Buster when he was here with us. He went years ago.
Last car journey:(
RIP Dudley

Attachments

• F1E68A8E-EB6D-4071-9F41-440E2A7048D8.jpeg
    F1E68A8E-EB6D-4071-9F41-440E2A7048D8.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 21E96A5B-4E09-4727-90EA-C348774A1533.jpeg
    21E96A5B-4E09-4727-90EA-C348774A1533.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 54CFA06E-1D6F-4384-B6CD-78C4EAD0B1EB.jpeg
    54CFA06E-1D6F-4384-B6CD-78C4EAD0B1EB.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 31
My son put my old Labrador down today, I had to give him to my son as my new dog at the time wanted to kill him. He is back in this thread somewhere.
Son only lives 2 doors away so wasn't a problem.
Think he was nearly 14 years old but it was time to go, hopefully he will meet his old buddy Buster when he was here with us. He went years ago.
Last car journey:(
RIP Dudley
Mrs and I are totally dreading this day,
My GSP is 14 and a 1/4.
She’s still wagging tail and happy to see us, eating, going for walks etc…..
But she’s very unsettled, in some pain which we are treating her for via vet. Mainly heart murmur and osteoarthritis.
Limps bad and panting quite a lot.
We keep saying to each other is she in too much pain but still seems happy ish.
When is it time…..quite difficult to gauge???

Mrs and I are totally dreading this day,
My GSP is 14 and a 1/4.
She’s still wagging tail and happy to see us, eating, going for walks etc…..
But she’s very unsettled, in some pain which we are treating her for via vet. Mainly heart murmur and osteoarthritis.
Limps bad and panting quite a lot.
We keep saying to each other is she in too much pain but still seems happy ish.
When is it time…..quite difficult to gauge???
It’s horrible mate, really horrible.
Only you will know when it’s time, do what’s best for the dog.
I have been unlucky to have had to put 5 dogs to sleep in the last 15 years, the last one was the worst. I had to help do it as a dangerous dog and we did it in the vets car park. He fought until his last breath😞

Dudley the lab has been on medication for a while for arthritis, luckily my wife works in an equine hospital so get drugs at cost. He was heavy breathing and not moving properly, crapping in the house etc Eyes also not good. Back legs were virtually gone and losing weight. He had a good life.

He was still eating and seemed happy but you could see he was just knackered, struggling to get up etc.

You will know when it’s time.

It’s horrible mate, really horrible.
Only you will know when it’s time, do what’s best for the dog.
I have been unlucky to have had to put 5 dogs to sleep in the last 15 years, the last one was the worst. I had to help do it as a dangerous dog and we did it in the vets car park. He fought until his last breath😞

Dudley the lab has been on medication for a while for arthritis, luckily my wife works in an equine hospital so get drugs at cost. He was heavy breathing and not moving properly, crapping in the house etc Eyes also not good. Back legs were virtually gone and losing weight. He had a good life.

He was still eating and seemed happy but you could see he was just knackered, struggling to get up etc.

You will know when it’s time.
Thanks mate 🙁

Our new Spaniel (Lemon and white) needed rehoming at 4 months all good so far few accidents but to be expected.

Attachments

• tempImageT24bfL.png
    tempImageT24bfL.png
    503.5 KB · Views: 10
Phew. sorry to invade the dog thread but blimey emotional or what. had to have our bubbles the 18+ year old cat to sleep today. lots of tears 😭😭😭😭
Sorry to hear this. It is a tough experience but if we care for them, we don’t want to see them in pain. The emotions are our way of showing we care.

Every time I read this thread title about posting dogs, I think that my dog wouldn't fit through a letterbox.
I had a dog cremated and they put the ashes into what looked like a mini coffin box about 8 inches long, I showed a mate and he said he had never seen such a small dog😂

I wish anyone luck with trying to post my dog. He isn’t vicious at all, just heavy, strong and stubborn.

Attachments

• 4658612A-AD28-4FD7-BDC7-BAB7BCE58505.jpeg
    4658612A-AD28-4FD7-BDC7-BAB7BCE58505.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom