What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play expo Manchester 2015

yeah but the problem is they would tear the room to pieces when I leave them to go for the saturday night lock-in (which was awesome last year :clap:)
If the room's booked in Dan's name then not to worry if they do, he can pick up the tab :rofl:

Getting desperate yet? I might be interested in sharing that room, I've just got to make sure I don't have to take the kids, that would be a pain..
hey Mark, i woulda been happy to share but that £17.50 a night room has already gone, i'm sharing with Rog and we are planning on hosting the after party with loads of coke and hookers

ah never mind, he who dawdles...

Can't believe the saturday rooms are now £129 :eek:

Where are these £129 rooms?

Looks like all the Premier Inns around Trafford Park are now fully booked up.

I know I'll just sleep in one of my machines on the saturday, will be first to play on sunday morning :)

@Wiredworm Check again rooms are still available at all the Trafford Premier Inns, according to my screen

I might be wrong but it looks to me very much like they're restricting bookings.

I tried pricing up just the Saturday night at Manchester Trafford Centre North Hotel and was told it's fully booked.

Funnily enough if I try to book both Friday AND Saturday night then it has availability.

Time to start buttering up the missus.

I've just booked West, it's still cheaper than last year to do 2 nights but when those £35 Friday rooms have gone it'll be cheaper to go to Center Parcs for a week :confused:

Just to clarify a couple of things.

Yes the show got announced this morning. We, NLP only found out about it last night.
NLP still have to thrash out a deal with Play , Mainly for the funding for the quantity of machine we will supply for the show.
Upon the outcome of that meeting with Play and it's partners only then will NLP know if it will be attending the show.

We are 90% sure that we will be there but until that meeting and it's outcome , only then can we say we will be there 100%.
Put it this way even most of the NLP have now booked there hotel room so let's say 95% sure it's happening.

Play have not left us much time to give the pinball community a show that they are use to , we try to make the NLP pinball show the best
but with not having anywhere near as much time as the past years we will have to work even harder to accomplish this.
Get ready for me asking for machine pledges, any help from you guys is much appreciated.
So even though we don't have the time scale we are still on for making it a cracking show but we need the help from the pinball community to make it happen.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Thanks for starting this thread Kev, will buy you a beer when I see you for bringing the cheap hotel to my attention.

If the outcome is a no with play all the pinballinfo forum members could donate a pin just like we used to do with jamma+ and ukvac.

The show will go on as they say.

If the outcome is a no with play all the pinballinfo forum members could donate a pin just like we used to do with jamma+ and ukvac.

The show will go on as they say.
Be careful guys you will make play think they donot need us, who will run it, who will plan it and who will look after the machines.
Bang would go the charity money..
It's not just about the show its also about the company and being with the friends who take part, there's no way on earth there would be as many machines.

Be careful guys you will make play think they donot need us, who will run it, who will plan it and who will look after the machines.
It's not just about the show its also about the company and being with the friends who take part, there's no way on earth there would be as many machines.

Yep, seriously, you don't want to go down that route. I've been involved with the videogame side of Play since 2009? and remember the organisational nightmare of people bringing their own machine. Without word of a lie, only 25% of the pledged machines would turn up at best, as everyone has a last minute excuse (their car has a flat tire, their wife is making them go to a last minute Christening, their dog is not well etc)

Proper organisation by NLP is the only sensible way to go

Correct Luke, this was only if there was no deal worked out with play.

To be fair, and this may be unpopular, Play doesn't "need" the NLP.

It doesn't "need" any one thing, it's a mish mash of constituent parts. If there weren't pins, something else would likely fill the gap.

As for the charity money, I'm not sure most people are aware of, or care about it. In all fairness it would be better served building towards something like a permanent home/club which could then be used by people deserving of it (disabled kids, charities etc). But then that would be a whole different level of accountability.

It doesn't "need" any one thing, it's a mish mash of constituent parts. If there weren't pins, something else would likely fill the gap.

As for the charity money, I'm not sure most people are aware of, or care about it. In all fairness it would be better served building towards something like a permanent home/club which could then be used by people deserving of it (disabled kids, charities etc). But then that would be a whole different level of accountability.

you could be right about the play not needing the NLP Nick, they are now partners with the people who run comicon which are massive, if for some reason we could not agree funding then other things are in the pipeline but at this moment we do want to do the show as it brings pinball to a whole new audience.

The pinball and arcade are only a small part of the show but they are both things that hold the audience, it occupies the people when there is no cosplay or whatever on, you need things like that at any show or people just wander around then leave..

As for the charity we had a questionnaire last year and over 60% said that it was important for us to be involved with charity work, I think the pin club idea is a damned good one and it will be talked about when we next meet.

If anyone else has any ideas then please let us know, we try to include the community as part of the show but we are only a small number of people and are always looking for new ideas..
We could really do with a Northern equivelant of SWL... you may have started something there Nick.

I would maybe consider local hospice re: charity as the money will be well received.

Most charities have huge administrative overheads and well paid directors.

As Nick said maybe build something, and put pins in and what not?

maybe not,but one thing"the arcade" does is keep about 350 people busy playing stuff on free play for a while-which gives a sense of"worth the admission",rather than umpteen stalls where you have to fork out more moolah!

Back
Top Bottom