What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball sale dishonesty or laziness?

Really sorry to hear this Simon. An almost identical situation to mine and infuriates me also that someone else has been stuffed in the same way. He obviously has no remorse over shafting me, has done it again and probably won't be the last.

Nicknastus on the Yahoo message board is Tobin's dad. Don't know if involved with the import flipping... Tobin at least is known to guys in the South and hopefully will have nothing to do with him, being a first class member of the Pinball Paradise recruitment school.

With hindsight, I should probably have followed through on my threatened small claims court action and suggest you do the same. Good luck getting any form of refund.

BTW, for him to do this again, I'm happy to post all his contact details on here (as a warning to others) if Admin seems fit?

Funnily enough I haven't paid yet as it was a slightly rushed deal where the third party was seeing him anyway to pick up two other pins (which to be fair actually look like a good deal for what he paid) and I literally got forwarded the pics and had to make a fairly swift decision. I'd of still maybe bought the pin, but its clearly worth less than what I paid because of the bits that the pics missed out on.
I've been told he basically brings them over but hasn't a clue about fixing them himself or whatever, but in that case maybe he should just be shifting them all through other dealers who can sort them out properly or whatever? My issue isn't even so much the bits that don't work or are not working right, it's the ridiculously obvious big patch of horrendous playfield damage that is going to be a right pain to deal with, it'll never look right and there's not much I can do about that - you don't have to be a decent repairer or whatever to notice there should be a great big splintered up area in the middle of the damn playfield.
I kind of twigged nick was his dad earlier on, but wasn't looking t drag him into it as I think I've had communications with hm before and seems a decent chap.

I'm going to pay up, as I don't want to out a other person in a position, but I've made it pretty clear I'm not happy and the person the money's going through has apologised for not checking it over properly themself when they collected it and has offered to move it on for the same money if I don't want it. Not sure who else exactly would pay in excess of 800 for a messy gottlieb a/n pin that's not a haunted house / black hole etc , but there you go.

Not many people bringing in these gotts off the continent , theyre a right pain to get hold of over here, so pretty bummed that one of the few who does have access to them turns out to be impossible to deal with :(

I've been told he basically brings them over but hasn't a clue about fixing them himself or whatever,

Yep, describes things as fully working, 'nice' and all that but in reality hasn't got a clue and you only find this out afterwards. I said he should be honest with people but greed obviously gets in the way.

I kind of twigged nick was his dad earlier on, but wasn't looking t drag him into it as I think I've had communications with hm before and seems a decent chap.

May well be, I haven't said otherwise. I quizzed him on my machine (as he was sourcing the trunk for mine before sale) but it was a none starter and didn't care what his son had done, when at the time he was warning others from buying from Pinball Paradise. :rolleyes:

Not many people bringing in these gotts off the continent , theyre a right pain to get hold of over here, so pretty bummed that one of the few who does have access to them turns out to be impossible to deal with :(

Exactly. It's easy to get taken in with this guy as initially gives the impression of someone experienced with pins for a long time. Must simply be greed, dishonesty, laziness or simply being a stupid f*ckwit (or a combination of all) when it comes to passing the machines on... I pity the next buyer who gets taken in.

Glad I never got the machine I nearly had off nick

Just to clarify, this pin im on about didn't come from Nick, don't see the point in dragging someone else's name through the mud when it wasn't actually them.

BTW, for him to do this again, I'm happy to post all his contact details on here (as a warning to others) if Admin seems fit?

Maybe we should look at setting up a "watchlist" for buyers of people to keep an eye out for. It's not like they are the only ones at the moment...

Wow, it looks like I dodged a bullet a few days ago..i had been emailing Devon/Tobin about the Indy 500 he had on Ebay but he wouldn't budge an inch on the price but offered me a Gottlieb Bone Busters, sent me some really nice pics and told me how ultra rare it was and "only" wanted £900 cash for it....
Decided not to go for it as I found my X-files and decided on that....but after reading all this I just let out a sigh of relief!

Back
Top Bottom