What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball sale dishonesty or laziness?

I had a great day at the meet ,very good machines too and fantastic food and hospitality and the dog made me feel bad for not sharing my food with him.

Heh, Wilson gets well spoilt. The fact he expects something is down to me I'm afraid.

Carl, I tried waxing the back of the trapdoor mech to stop the squeak but didn't work. Think oil will just make a mess for cr*p to stick to...
Faults after the meet are the right Eddy switch playing up and a soleniod fuse has blown again (think same one Luke).

Anyway, a few more things to get it tip top but at least it got through Sunday pretty well. :) Glad folks enjoyed the day.

This is a great thread and shows the group spirit. You bought a machine that had issues and we have seen it develop into a working machine that was used for a league meet and enjoyed by people. Great work and Luke, you sir are a Gentleman. Not just for the work you have done but for the videos and information. ;)

RudeDogg1, why are you calling this game an oldie? It is not even 20 years old. There were many, many more machines made before this one that there were after it.

Great work and Luke, you sir are a Gentleman. Not just for the work you have done but for the videos and information. ;) .

Echo that, I have quite a few IOU's to pay back...! Also want to mention Darren (Replicas) for his massive help sorting the earth braid and initial diagnosis. If it wasn't for those two here, I would have been proper isolated and probably only able to sort 50% of the issues found. Massive thanks gents and a true demonstration of how a forum/community like this here can work wonders.

I was a little apprehensive as if you cant shoot the trunk, you're not really guaranteed a very high scoring game.

I was however pleasantly surprised and the shot making is actually quite varied.

The only other ToM I played was at Replay last year and it was a bit wrecked.

Glad to see such a classic machine working again.

Really enjoyed Lukes videos too - it's been fascinating to see the work involved in getting this thing working again.

This is a great thread and shows the group spirit. You bought a machine that had issues and we have seen it develop into a working machine that was used for a league meet and enjoyed by people. Great work and Luke, you sir are a Gentleman. Not just for the work you have done but for the videos and information. ;)

RudeDogg1, why are you calling this game an oldie? It is not even 20 years old. There were many, many more machines made before this one that there were after it.

Picky you know what I mean

Thumbs up for community spirit :) Happy to help out, especially as it was to benefit a league meet.

Here is a quick walkthrough of all the machines being tested out just before the league meet.

Elvis and The Getaway are mine. The Elvis was a real rush to get working properly in time for the league meet as it only arrived late on Thursday night and needed work doing to it (seperate video soon) Oh and thanks to Darren on that one as well for replacing a dodgy shooter lane switch on it from his spares box, early on the Sunday morning before people arrived.

Quick update here as understand 'associated persons' to my first post may be reading.... ToM got through the meet but has failed again since. Two soleniod fuses constantly blowing (no wonder too high rated fuses where in there), the display driver board needs repair and the DMD is f*cked as a result. The eddy sensors are also playing up, needing constant adjustment and looks like 3X auto eddy sensors may be required at $65 each to resolve once and for all (when Pinbits get them in). The saga continues..... :(

Have a look at my shop log for a possible eddy sensor fix. Worked for me.

Thanks, just looked. Bit tricky for me probably but that and maybe this also are options before fully replacing them:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=188

Not sure which way to go at moment.

Thanks for comments etc. This machine will get there with time and money. There'll be nothing else to replace soon ! The bonus is, the wife likes it as much as I so should all be worth it.

I updated the thread above earlier as swapped a few emails with the seller's Dad who posts on the Yahoo forum, linking him to this thread... Anyway, no interest there, nowt to do with him. Full stop.

Elrikos, your shop log and work to date is superb BTW.

"I updated the thread above earlier as swapped a few emails with the seller's Dad who posts on the Yahoo forum, linking him to this thread... Anyway, no interest there, nowt to do with him. Full stop."

Very strange as Nick Nastus was trying to source bits for a TOM prior to it being sold! :eek:

Is Tobin pretending to be Nick or Nick pretending he is Tobin or have we just got the Hove Mafia now to go with the Blackpool Mafia?

Very strange as Nick Nastus was trying to source bits for a TOM prior to it being sold! :eek:

Exactly what I quoted when he stated it was nothing to do with him....

Is Tobin pretending to be Nick or Nick pretending he is Tobin or have we just got the Hove Mafia now to go with the Blackpool Mafia?

Nah it's Nick, don't know if Tobin goes on there. Nick posted a comment yesterday about him previously warning people about Pinball Paradise...! Oh the irony.... You can understand why I emailed. :mad:

Exactly what I quoted when he stated it was nothing to do with him....

Nah it's Nick, don't know if Tobin goes on there. Nick posted a comment yesterday about him previously warning people about Pinball Paradise...! Oh the irony.... You can understand why I emailed. :mad:

Well another post that nicknastus put on yahoo is even more ironic, see below. The auction that NN is referring to is ebay item number 221241210111 and guess who the seller is, YES devon020305 so it would appear that he has upset somebody else as well!

"Just so everyone is aware.

Username on eBay is KRISTOL Cars and the idiot is called Kristian.

Like a pathetic child, he has used an old eBay account to buy one of my auctions
for the buy it now just out of spite to cause me headaches. This other account
is clearly his due to both sharing the same phone number but than I wouldn't
expect a moron to realise how easy it is to find this info out.

The fact ebay has even allowed this other account to still be used is a joke,
the twat has made the feedback private (so lots of point in feedback) and he has
3. Showing a 0% feedback rating...why would ebay even allow that to stay on
there? So he has obviously used it to mess other people up as well.

People like this ruin ebay for the genuine users.

If anyone chooses to deal with this complete tool than more for them."

... what a surprise. Looking back to when I first bought this ToM, it was originally on Ebay like his other sales but got removed as he was advertising other machines within the same auction. As others seem to do this with no problem (Rogerairplane for example) he mentioned some nasty person must have reported it to Ebay, the only time they sometimes take action on these things. Maybe the same guy then eh?
Don't believe for a second I'm the only one to buy a turnip off him buttered up to appear as a truffle.

I just had a machine delivered that I'm fairly certain is from the same guy, south coast and imports from Poland.
Paid well over the odds, and had clocked one bit of fairly nasty wear near the pop bumper but was persuaded to go with it as this particular pin was on my wanted list and isnt too common in the UK.

turned up filthy dirty and with loads of wear everywhere that had been 'missed' in the photos including one huge patch that has actually worn through deep a couple mm of the wood let alone paint, before long the ball will drop through it, totally wrecked. Looking back at the pics, the way they're numbered a few have been missed out when they were sent across to me, now I know why :(

This was picked up for me by someone else I know who kind of facilitated the deal as he was there buying other pins, and I've said I wouldn't rock the boat and so I won't name him.

ive also been asked not to name the seller or the pin in question but sod it im angry, as the seller probably reads this forum, I will say yes it's the bone busters you flogged on the weekend, and yes youve been a bit of a scumbag over this deal havent you Tobin.

Avoid like the plague.

Sad to hear Simon. And a geniune shame because i've come across some incredibly helpful people since I started getting involved with Pinball a few months back.

It's probably good warning that not everyone in the world of Pinball is as honest and friendly as those on this forum.

Sorry to hear about this happening again such a short time after JMP was taken for a ride.
Get a hold of the guy and ask for a full refund. This sort of thing should not be happening and its up to us to put a stop to it.
Get a hold of ebay as well and tell them about the guy.
People like this need to be stopped from selling these end of the road machines from europe.
Good luck.

Not that I know of, I've spoken to that nick before and he seemed very amiable, think there's a link there somehow but I'm not about to lay this at someone else's door.
The thing is, if the pictures had included the particularly bad wear patch, and the fact that it was totally Unshopped , and needs numerous repairs to get it playing right (displays are good, it boots, so no complaints there, yet) I'd of still been interested, but not at 800+ , it's worth 400-500 in current condition, as I really wanted one I'd of maybe gone just over 500 and accepted its a bit of a pig but also to be fair uncommon over here. (I own two gott spirits, which are far rarer, neither was exactly perfect but I paid about the same for the pair of them as I have for this one pin, just to give a comparison of other untidy but kind of rare machines)

Back
Top Bottom