What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Artworks Restored, Reproductions, Graphical Mods and Customizations

"Pinball Magic Centre Apron - AW00123-5" (CAPCOM) rev. 2 . printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination, chrome details and precut (photo 1).
Pinball-Magic-Centre-Apron-print1.JPG

"Pinball Magic Centre Apron - AW00123-5" (CAPCOM) rev. 2 . printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination, chrome details and precut (photo 2).
Pinball-Magic-Centre-Apron-print2.JPG

"Pinball Magic Centre Apron - AW00123-5" (CAPCOM) rev. 2 . printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination, chrome details and precut (photo 3).
Pinball-Magic-Centre-Apron-print3.JPG

"Pinball Magic Centre Apron - AW00123-5" (CAPCOM) rev. 2 . printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination, chrome details and precut (photo 4).
Pinball-Magic-Centre-Apron-print4.JPG

Related:

- "Pinball Magic Centre Apron - AW00123-5" (CAPCOM) rev. 2 . Restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-9#post-403089

- "Capcom Logo Coin Door Pinball Sticker AW00123-1" (CAPCOM) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-9#post-402588

Extra:

- "Capcom Logo Coin Door Pinball Sticker AW00123-1" (CAPCOM) printed in real chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut photos here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...-and-customizations.43376/page-10#post-406214

"The Addams Family Pinball Main Left Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Main-Left-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Main Left Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Main-Left-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Main Left Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 3).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Main-Left-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos3.jpg

"The Addams Family Pinball Front Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Front-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Front Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Front-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Front Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 3).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Front-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos3.jpg

"The Addams Family Pinball Backbox Right Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Backbox-Right-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Backbox Right Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Backbox-Right-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Backbox Right Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 3).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Backbox-Right-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos3.jpg

The Addams Family Pinball Main Right Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Main-Right-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Main Right Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Main-Right-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos2.jpg

"The Addams Family Pinball Backbox Left Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Backbox-Left-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Addams Family Pinball Backbox Left Side Art Decal Gold Edition" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos (screenshot 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Backbox-Left-Side-Art-Decal-Gold-Edition-Mikonos2.jpg

Another very special print result:

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" (BALLY) printed reproduction in chrome vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
Eight-Ball-Deluxe-Pinball-Aprons-chromo-print1.JPG

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" (BALLY) printed reproduction in chrome vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
Eight-Ball-Deluxe-Pinball-Aprons-chromo%20print2.JPG

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" (BALLY) printed reproduction in chrome vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 3).
Eight-Ball-Deluxe-Pinball-Aprons-chromo-print3.JPG

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" (BALLY) printed reproduction in chrome vinyl with glossy protective lamination, precut and transported. Ready to Apply! (photo 4).
Eight-Ball-Deluxe-Pinball-Aprons-chromo-print4.JPG

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" (BALLY) printed reproduction in chrome vinyl with glossy protective lamination, precut and transported. Ready to Apply! (photo 5).
Eight-Ball-Deluxe-Pinball-Aprons-chromo-print5.JPG

You can check ""Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" before restoration here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-8#post-390990

And you can check my restoration here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-8#post-394343

"Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball Aprons" printed reproduction in vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut photos here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-9#post-399187

Greetings!:)

"The Addams Family Pinball Topper Stickers" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Topper-Stickers-print1.JPG

"The Addams Family Pinball Topper Stickers" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Topper-Stickers-print2.JPG

"The Addams Family Pinball Topper Stickers" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 3).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Topper-Stickers-print3.JPG

"The Addams Family Pinball Topper Stickers" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 4).
The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Topper-Stickers-print4.JPG

You can check this restoration here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...-and-customizations.43376/page-10#post-413857

Greetings!

"Back o The Future Bumper Cap Pinball Decal Stickers" (DATA EAST) printed in transparent vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
Back-To-the-Future-Bumper-Cap-Pinball-Stickers-print1.JPG

"Back o The Future Bumper Cap Pinball Decal Stickers" (DATA EAST) printed in transparent vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
Back-To-the-Future-Bumper-Cap-Pinball-Stickers-print2.JPG

"Back o The Future Bumper Cap Pinball Decal Stickers" (DATA EAST) printed in transparent vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 3).
Back-To-the-Future-Bumper-Cap-Pinball-Stickers-print3.JPG

You can check this restoration here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...-and-customizations.43376/page-10#post-414056

Greetings!

"Black Rose Shooter Pinball Apron" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Black%20Rose%20Shooter%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

"Black Rose Centre Pinball Apron" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Black%20Rose%20Centre%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

"Black Rose Right Pinball Apron" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Black%20Rose%20Right%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Introduction about me: I´m Mikonos and I´m 19 year old in arcade and pinball hobby. I´m the webmaster of a fansite called "Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball" (14 years old) too. I always had same nickname. I´m a fan and a huge collector of arcade and pinball cabinets, and other items related. Some year ago I realized that I like so much to restore and customized artwork, it is my main entertainment. I think I´m good at working with design programs.

I´m not a shop and I´m not working in a printshop! Sorry for it! I´m only a fan. I learned all about design and print materials by myself, I´m always looking for volunteers for testing of my new mods and ideas, I look for new restoration challenges and more. If you have a good idea about a mod for your pinball, tell me and I will try to make it a reality. I work designing and restoring for free because it is fun for me!

Mi contact mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The point of this thread is to show my customized/restoration/reproduction work. No more, no less. Don´t ask me for printing in this thread , I´m not a shop. Use my mail or private message if you want to ask me for something or for my help. Mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

2) I restore all kind of artworks. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If I ever restore some piece for you, you will not push me to finished it in a time interval that you want. I´m faster, but not Superman.

3) I will share pieces by my own criterion. Reason: Avoid business with my work.

*I do big screenshots. To see details, download them.

Note: Is you are not interested in this thread, avoid it, Thanks!

Introduction about me: I´m Mikonos and I´m 19 year old in arcade and pinball hobby. I´m the webmaster of a fansite called "Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball" (14 years old) too. I always had same nickname. I´m a fan and a huge collector of arcade and pinball cabinets, and other items related. Some year ago I realized that I like so much to restore and customized artwork, it is my main entertainment. I think I´m good at working with design programs.

I´m not a shop and I´m not working in a printshop! Sorry for it! I´m only a fan. I learned all about design and print materials by myself, I´m always looking for volunteers for testing of my new mods and ideas, I look for new restoration challenges and more. If you have a good idea about a mod for your pinball, tell me and I will try to make it a reality. I work designing and restoring for free because it is fun for me!

Mi contact mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The point of this thread is to show my customized/restoration/reproduction work. No more, no less. Don´t ask me for printing in this thread , I´m not a shop. Use my mail or private message if you want to ask me for something or for my help. Mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

2) I restore all kind of artworks. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If I ever restore some piece for you, you will not push me to finished it in a time interval that you want. I´m faster, but not Superman.

3) I will share pieces by my own criterion. Reason: Avoid business with my work.

*I do big screenshots. To see details, download them.

Note: Is you are not interested in this thread, avoid it, Thanks!
Hello,

I just bought Twilight Zone as my first pinball machine. I would like to learn how to restore damaged artwork to save money. The TZ is in general good condition, apart from minor damage on the edge of the backbox.

There is two small area (the size of a 50p) of missing (chipped) artwork. I also have one side of the pinball that has faded, but that bother me less. In an ideal world, I would like to be able to silkscreen print the damaged area only.

What can I realisticly do to repair the damage? I would like to achieve a good quality repair. Before fixing the artwork, I would also need to fill the gap left by the chipped plywood. Can I use wood filler putty? If a forum entry already exist for something similar, could you please send me the link?

In case there is no easy way to repair the artwork, I would like to find a UK based printer that can produce full sets of cabinet decals. I only found US printers that can do silkscreen printing at an eye watering price.

Cheers, Yannick

You can buy the artwork for TZ. To patch repair won't look as good as going the full 9 yards on doing it the correct way. Completely strip the back box, repair with two part wood filler sand and repete if needed, paint with a satin black paint , Screen the warning text then 're decal the back box. Once done it will look like new.
Then do the cabinet to match and you will have a pin that looks as good as new.
Plenty of shop logs on here to refer to.

Hello,

I just bought Twilight Zone as my first pinball machine. I would like to learn how to restore damaged artwork to save money. The TZ is in general good condition, apart from minor damage on the edge of the backbox.

There is two small area (the size of a 50p) of missing (chipped) artwork. I also have one side of the pinball that has faded, but that bother me less. In an ideal world, I would like to be able to silkscreen print the damaged area only.

What can I realisticly do to repair the damage? I would like to achieve a good quality repair. Before fixing the artwork, I would also need to fill the gap left by the chipped plywood. Can I use wood filler putty? If a forum entry already exist for something similar, could you please send me the link?

In case there is no easy way to repair the artwork, I would like to find a UK based printer that can produce full sets of cabinet decals. I only found US printers that can do silkscreen printing at an eye watering price.

Cheers, Yannick
Hi Aladeran!

There is a very professional way to repair the damage in the decoration of arcade and pinball cabinets, and it is the action of painting by hand with a color pellet.

If you consulted an expert about the manufacture of colors or you wanted to buy them to apply them on your pinball, they could not help you. The reason is that not all the colors of the furniture are not the same and in all there will be an effect of "Sunderization" (yellowing of different colors). That is, you have to become your own expert.

1) They should be more or less small.

2) You must learn to mix the colors by yourself for to find the correct shade.

3) You must become an expert of your own pinball and learn to pass the brush delicately and without creating texture.

Regarding putty, I have written a lot about this topic in tutorials that are intended for my community. The best putty I recommend is car repair. It is very hard! You can read here an introductory document with my own photos of products that I have used throughout my years within the hobby here (question number 2. Use a translator):

About silkscreen printing plotters, that really doesn't exist. There are CMYK plotters that can make an impression on rigid materials that is similar to silkscreen printing. I have used them and they leave a texture that is not very pretty, but the color is very solid.

I give you an example when I used this printing method here:

I know all the stores that sell arcade and pinball art prints, and I don't like them at all because:

1) Their files are not good enough (the text fonts are different, the drawing is not well restored, the drawing is not the original, they are vectorized where the artist's hand is lost, "photoshop" color transition...)

2) Their prints may or may not be good, but if the restored file fails they will never be able to make good print reproductions. When the prints are not good, it is for the following reasons: the colors do not correspond, the die cut is moved, the print does not have enough quality, there is "banding", there is too much grain, there are failures in the protective laminations ...

Anyone that are looking for silkscreen printing is because certain colors are not possible in CMYK printing. In the case of the Twiligh Zona Pinball, all colors are possible in digital printing, thus saving a lot of money. You also have the advantage that it is cheaper and you can choose to put a protective laminate to protect the printings.

I would tell you to go for a good digital print reproduction.

The Twiligh Zone Pinball artworks set has a problem, and that is that most stores sell (including those that claim to sell a silkscreen print reproduction) a "photoshop" version, which has smooth gradients and without the dot pattern of the original. I personally would not buy them because if something defines my restorations in the precision of my fanwork. I personally consider that I am the best artist in the arcade and pinball hobby precisely because of my accuracy and because I do not resort to vectorization, since I prefer to keep the original artist's hand.

Summary: Buy art printed by digital methods, but make sure the color and that the version is the original, with the dot pattern.

Greetings

By the way, I am looking to scan the Twilight Zone Pinball arts because I would like to restore them.;)

Last edited:
"Alien Poker Pinball Main Aprons" (WILLIAMS). Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Alien%20Poker%20Pinball%20Main%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Alien Poker Pinball Main Aprons" (WILLIAMS). Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Alien%20Poker%20Pinball%20Main%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg

"GodenEye Pinball Translite" (SEGA) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"GodenEye Trans-light" for SEGA Pinball restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos2.jpg

"GodenEye Translite" for SEGA Pinball. Restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos3.jpg

I want to print my own custom pinball blades, is there a ready cad file with the right dimensions and I can make the images I want?

"GodenEye Pinball Translite" (SEGA) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"GodenEye Trans-light" for SEGA Pinball restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos2.jpg

"GodenEye Translite" for SEGA Pinball. Restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Golden%20Eye%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos3.jpg
What have you done to this then in order to restore it? Was yours damaged or are you touching up NOS files?

I want to print my own custom pinball blades, is there a ready cad file with the right dimensions and I can make the images I want?
Sorry for delay, cause are out of me!

Cad, vector or whatever, blades or Inner Pinball Side Arts dimension depend on manufacturer. Are not he same measures for a DATA EAST pinball, that for a WILLIAMS pinball.

Greetings!

What have you done to this then in order to restore it? Was yours damaged or are you touching up NOS files?
No, I´m a collector, a huge collector of arcade and pinball artworks and I buy, exchange, scan and restore for my on pleasure! No more, no less!:)

In this case, no, I have some pinball but "GoldenEye" is not in my collection for now.

Greetings!

"Dr. Dude Right Pinball Apron" (BALLY) art scanned file restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Dr-Dude-Right-Pinball-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

"Dr. Dude Shooter Pinball Apron" (BALLY) art scanned file restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Dr-Dude-Shooter-Pinball-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom