What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend buying a PIN2DMD Display?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Still be good to turn the brightness down, too bright at full plus it will put less stress on the 12v system and that machine pulls enough as it is.

Anyone know where to tap into for 12v on wh20? I didn't really want to have to tap into a existing wire, any 12v sockets free in the backbox?

Was thinking of taking the ground and 12v from the old wiring / DMD display and using that, but the screen is really faint likes it's only getting low power, adjusted the brightness and no difference

Don’t use the power for existing DMD - it’s not 12v - it’s a much higher voltage.

Have a look at the board and see if any of the documented sockets are free J116, J117 or J118 (I think WH20 is WPC89?)

This link helps with available power connectors on real pins https://pin2dmd.com/hardware/

Cheers

Perfect thanks,
Anyone have a colour version for whitewater or even just a blue pallet?

Another question please, I have found the place on the power driver board (J116) which i'd like to use as the feed for the pin2DMD.
When I checked voltages on J116, pin 2, i got 14V DC instead of the expected 12V DC.
The 12V DC test point on that board gives 12V DC.
Shall i be worried about it? and try to find a different power source? J117 and J118 read the same at 14V DC...

The Sega display is a straight swap with XL boards. The standard Sega DMD power adapter is used.

If you leave the brightness setting to standard, my understanding is the XL board draws less amps.

You should not see issues.

Let me know how it goes please.
Sorry for being a bit thick Mike and only now about to attempt this . Does the existing Sega power cable attach to the port here that shows +18v GND as cant see another that fits ?
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• 76023BE0-9722-4E58-B948-17F3B1F2FF3D.jpeg
    76023BE0-9722-4E58-B948-17F3B1F2FF3D.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi Andy

Yes - the 18V connector on the XL version is designed to take the existing power from Sega machines.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike

Hi Andy

Yes - the 18V connector on the XL version is designed to take the existing power from Sega machines.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike
Thanks Mike
I’ve put the sd card in with BW files in but just got this screen . Do I need to adjust using the buttons ?

Attachments

• 8A9F6ED2-2F81-48E9-A4EE-07CBCDCD30BF.jpeg
    8A9F6ED2-2F81-48E9-A4EE-07CBCDCD30BF.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 11
Not sure it’s receiving data. Maybe try the ribbon cable the other way around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have any experience of Sega machines unfortunately. I’ll have a search of other posts - see what I can find. Maybe others with Sega can chip in?

Check this video for any tips...

It looks like it’s powered properly.

Have you checked it’s activated?

It will say NOT ACTIVATED when left powered on. You can also check through the menu system (hold down btn1 or btn2 when you power on the display or press reset. Cycle through to Serial Number and again it will say NOT ACTIVATED if it hasn’t been activated.

If you got it through the group buys - and have pinballinfo or MadNat serial number sticker - it should be activated.

I used the existing ribbon cable from the display board and connected to bottom left (top right when lying flat on glass ) which is the only one that fits . Maybe need to buy a new one as it’s a bit short for the job anyway

If anyone has fitted one of these in a BW I’d appreciate some help if possible . The existing ribbon cable between dmd and controller isn’t long enough to reach the input on the evo board . I can’t get it to work anyway when I put the board closer so wondering if I’m doing something wrong but looks like I will need a longer 14 pin ribbon cable and not sure where to get one

Sorry Dave - no more Standards left :(

Happy to help you sort a group buy for the Aussie forum... Needs a fair bit of your time.

Is there going to be another run of the standard size run of these? Might be lookigmnfirma few for Williams games like no fear, fish takes and the likes?

thanks
steve

Is there going to be another run of the standard size run of these? Might be lookigmnfirma few for Williams games like no fear, fish takes and the likes?

thanks
steve

The chip for the standard size is in incredibly short supply at the moment, and actually harder to come by (and more expensive) than the more powerful HD version. Different format also so non interchangeable.

Your best bet for now would be to try and find one on the second hand market.

Back
Top Bottom