What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Pin2DMD Colour Displays & Bally/Williams/Data East PCBs

Thanks to @Terranigma for being most helpful especially as I put the wrong address on my order 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️and his communication is excellent. Really looking forward to my first pin2dmd.

We are running a 15% OFF sale which is open to everyone for Black Friday. Please check the first post and website retrocity.com.au for details. Pinball Info Site Supporters will get an extra gift added in their order.

Thanks!
This discount is great value.
Only slightly more in price from the group buys we did a few years ago - and that was with a good number of units (100+ each time I think). I had the PCB's made and assembled by PCBWay (along with importing the panels - they did attract VAT and Duty).
Mounted the panels and soldered the connectors and tested myself to keep costs as low as possible. So remarkable that @Terranigma can run a business and sell them at these prices. Nice job @Terranigma!

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the support and messages. Apologies about any delays as I am getting quite a few questions across platforms, so trying to answer everyone as soon as possible.

I will reveal the Pinball Info supporters bonus shortly.

Thank you

Wow, @Terranigma . Just been delivered a box from you. That was insanely fast!! Looking forward to opening and installing. Many thanks. 😎😎😎😎😎
That’s super quick! Great to hear. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or need any help with the setup. Hopefully it will be straight forward enough.

Snap, mine arrived today. It's a Xmas present though so I can't open it yet!
Awesome news! Likewise, when Santa comes if you need any help, just let me know.

Thanks for supporting the site as well. I will be speaking to Paul next week to sort everyone’s contributions.

Thanks!

Reactions: JT.
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in the sale! Your purchases have also contributed directly to Pinball Info and a percentage will go towards supporting and maintaining the site.

I will be taking a few days break over Christmas, but if anyone needs anything urgently, please contact via the website and I will do my best to get back to you asap.
Orders can still be placed but won't be posted out until after Christmas.

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year and thank you so much for all the support!

Thanks,
Andrew

A huge thank you to everyone who participated in the sale! Your purchases have also contributed directly to Pinball Info and a percentage will go towards supporting and maintaining the site.

I will be taking a few days break over Christmas, but if anyone needs anything urgently, please contact via the website and I will do my best to get back to you asap.
Orders can still be placed but won't be posted out until after Christmas.

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year and thank you so much for all the support!

Thanks,
Andrew
Have a great Christmas and New year Andrew!

Hi

Is there a voucher code to put into the website to get the discount - I'm looking to order a 68000 DMD driver card for a Data East MSF

Peter

What did the Tax ect. turn out to be, how much did everyone pay.

Just curious as I ordered 124 AUD worth of goods from Pinball Haus and paid 29.50 AUD carriage to a business address no other payments made, thought it was reasonable.

Last edited:
What did the Tax ect. turn out to be, how much did everyone pay.

Just curious as I ordered 124 AUD worth of goods from Pinball Haus and paid 29.50 AUD carriage to a business address no other payments made., thought it was reasonable.

I got one dmd, no fees. Just the price I paid! Around £180 I think

"This item couldn't be cleared for delivery within the destination country.
For more information, try contacting the local customs authority or postal carrier."

Anyone else received this message? Is it a case of waiting until I get the duty bill in the post before they release it or can I chase it (possibly Parcel Force?? who will have probably assigned their own reference)

Customs should contact you if needed. I have checked your tracking and it seems this has just happened, but you can always contact them to check.

Customs should contact you if needed. I have checked your tracking and it seems this has just happened, but you can always contact them to check.
Yah I called Parcel Force customs line, they found it with my post code. They've released it to my local depot, but it hasn't arrived there yet.
I will have to pay them £49 :-o once they have it

Call RM with the parcel number. So many times i have had an item in customs with RM saying "advice of payment required has been sent" (and never received anything)....
As soon as i call, confirm delivery name and address and parcel number, they are more than happy to send me the information needed to pay the charge and release.....

Call RM with the parcel number. So many times i have had an item in customs with RM saying "advice of payment required has been sent" (and never received anything)....
As soon as i call, confirm delivery name and address and parcel number, they are more than happy to send me the information needed to pay the charge and release.....
Yeah they found the information with my details, they told me it will be £49 but I can't pay that until their system confirms it's been received by my local depot (probably so they can stick on their own ££'s handling portion too)

Make sure they aren’t taking the VAT off the value of the goods in £. The label clearly states the value in AUD and I’ve had a few people that they’ve tried to charge VAT assuming the value on the label was in £ which almost doubled the fee.

The price from my side does not include local taxes, so unfortunately with the system, Tax has to be paid at some point. Along with the site supporter discount this brings down the price overall by about 20%

Some people get through without any charges and some not. I am however in the process of organising something to make things more accessible in terms of pricing and postage for the UK. Until then, have a read through the start of the thread for all options.

Thanks!

Make sure they aren’t taking the VAT off the value of the goods in £. The label clearly states the value in AUD and I’ve had a few people that they’ve tried to charge VAT assuming the value on the label was in £ which almost doubled the fee.

The price from my side does not include local taxes, so unfortunately with the system, Tax has to be paid at some point. Along with the site supporter discount this brings down the price overall by about 20%

Some people get through without any charges and some not. I am however in the process of organising something to make things more accessible in terms of pricing and postage for the UK. Until then, have a read through the start of the thread for all options.

Thanks!
No problem, I've had numerous items recently slip through without fees so I've had my fair share of luck.
The Parcel force tracking does say fees revised after the initial customs charge time stamp, so they may have used the incorrect currency initially.
Still works out less than half the price of a ColorDMD (which I have LCD & LED in other games here) so all fine :thumbs:

£49 charge sounds about the same as what i got hit with just before xmas.

"I am however in the process of organising something to make things more accessible in terms of pricing and postage for the UK. Until then, have a read through the start of the thread for all options."

please keep us updated on this as i need another one soon. Thanks

£49.92 paid, delivery is tomorrow. Asked the guy on the telephone the value of the item, he reckons the label has £189 (GBP) not AUD
Should have the package in hand tomorrow.

Great packaging, excellent instructions and all setup ready. Perfecto :cool:
£227.28 total, with the forum discount and then the VAT/Admin charge by Customs.

Still much cheaper than we were getting from Europe and includes the connectors and all software loaded onto a free sd card. Awesome deal from half way round the world to us lot. Lucky to have @Terranigma doing us all a great deal. Absolute no brainer to buy from Austrialia when it comes here just as quick (quicker tbh) as from Europe. We're lucky to have someone from the other end of the world willing to sell to us cheaper than France/Germany/Italy etc. Already posted my experience on this thread before but genuinely happy to promote someone doing a great deal for us lot - so, erm, buy buy buy :) I'm not on commission but i'll chance it later if i need another and ask for a discount :p :D

Back
Top Bottom