What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Pin2dmd (x2 if possible) or where to get?

David_Vi

Site Supporter
Alias
DaveTheTrain
Any pin2dmds lying around? Would like one for AFM (so Claire can have the colordmd already in it) and one for Claire's Creech.

I assume German gaming supplies is still a dodgy shop for these?

There is a site https://techizy.fr/ which I haven't used myself, but the owner Dom seems to be relatively honest in that he has sent me a few donations for displays he's sold for games I've coloured over the years, completely unrequested and out of the blue.

If you are willing to go further afield I have reliable contacts for PIN2DMDs in Canada (dzorbas, don't think he's on here but he's on pinside, 100% top bloke - https://www.cdnpin2dmd.ca/international-orders) and also in Australia (@Terranigma, also 100% top bloke - https://retrocity.com.au/) - both are big supporters of the PIN2DMD project and work closely with the artists. Obviously it would take longer to get here and customs charges may apply, but I will go out on a limb and say you won't be disappointed if you buy from either of them.

@David_Vi - do not order from that site until you make sure you are getting EVO boards......

The only ones he has in stock are older pin2dmd hardware.

You really need the latest EVO version of backboard. This runs latest hardware and color files. This is essential for real pins.

I put a pin2dmd in two AFMs - they do look good.

This is the one you want but at 292 euro - plus postage and VAT when it lands - I would get another colordmd.

This is the one you want but at 292 euro - plus postage and VAT when it lands - I would get another colordmd.

Thanks for the heads up. Strange they don't have the Evo board on the AU's shop 🙄
We'd prefer pin2dmd as we prefer the colorisation for creech and Junk yard compared to colordmds.

@slippifishi any ideas about the Aus supplier? It doesn't seem clear but considering they have the XL version you'd think they would be the newer hardware.

@slippifishi any ideas about the Aus supplier? It doesn't seem clear but considering they have the XL version you'd think they would be the newer hardware.

Terranigma and dzorbas are both very knowledgeable and active in the PIN2DMD scene and I am pretty sure they wont sell anything duff/out of date. I sent an email to Terranigma pointing him to this thread, hopefully he can respond to the question or else reach out to you via a DM

Hi guys, I run Retrocity and just saw the message from @slippifishi

I’m based in Australia and we only sell the latest EVO versions available.

There may be VAT to pay on the incoming end, but our prices exclude GST (Australian tax) on the website.

If you were wanting to buy direct off here, I would be happy to discuss options regarding pricing and postage to give you a better deal.

The colour file for AFM is created by Vbobrusev and Creech is obviously done by Slippi. Both directly benefit from your purchase from us and you will always be getting the latest version of the files.

I was involved in some way in both of these colour files and I’m heavily involved in a lot of others that everyone uses every day (including some we are working on with people right now including my own).

I’m happy to answer any questions anyone may have, so feel free to post or send me a message.

Thanks!
Andrew

I was actually refering to this site:

This sells OUT OF DATE Pin2DMDs.

The evo one I linked is the only one I would buy.

Have been buying pin2dmd's for probably longer than most one here.

If you do get one with an old STM32 board for example the firmware can not be updated past a certain level.

If anyone wants a PIN2DMD XL then @stumblor does them.

He may do the EVO boarded ones if you ask him.

Thanks for clearing that up Pick Holder. My site www.retrocity.com.au only sells the Latest genuine EVO models with the latest firmware and latest colour files. I have never sold the older Discovery or Nucleos and probably never will.
I pay the authors for their work and everything is done legitimately to support everyone.

At the moment we also have a few exclusive colour files for real pinball not available anywhere else. This is in part to us also working on these files with or for the author and they aren't fully final versions, but enough that you can still enjoy the game. Generally once the final releases it will be available elsewhere, we won't get any payment for the work we've put in when another seller sells the same file (and don't ask for it obviously). But I have personally been involved in some way in over 20 colour files now that all different sellers sell units for. That may have involved dumping, testing, teaching, fixing, doing certain colouring etc. You'd be hard pressed to find another seller who has even been involved in more than 1 of these to the level that I have, which of course is no problem, I just like to do things a little differently.

As for exclusives, at the moment we have the real pin version of NBA Fastbreak Beta available, we have TMNT DE which I have done myself (complete file) and we have some other betas of files that have a newer build version than currently out there as well as some new games releasing VERY soon!

Anyone is free to buy from anywhere they choose, there are many options. When you buy from us, you're getting something that I've most likely personally been involved in from the hardware, firmware and colour file in one way or another. This then goes back into producing even more content for the Pin2DMD and helps me further my goal of getting every single game coloured in full.

Thanks!

Massive thank you to @Terranigma for my pin2dmd. I messaged on Sunday after reading this thread and It was posted on Monday from Australia, so to get it 5 days later is amazing! I cant believe we can buy from half way round the world and it was not only cheaper than the UK or Europe but got here quicker too. Also made it through customs without any added taxes. Result! Thanks again Andrew. Genuinely a pleasure to buy from you.

Got a 2nd dmd from @Terranigma and the service was great again so I figured i’d shout about it here so you guys who are thinking about ordering a pin2dmd know my last positive experience wasn’t a one off. This time round it took about 8 days to arrive so not as quick as last time but i still think getting something from Australia in that timeframe is amazing. Both the units i have bought have came ready to go. The colour files were already on the sd card and the power cables to plug the dmd in were supplied. The one for my Williams game had a splitter cable for power so was easy to install and I didn’t have to splice into existing cables.

And the best bit…..it was sent in such a way that it breezed through customs again and I didn’t get slapped with any taxes this time either 😎

Got a 2nd dmd from @Terranigma and the service was great again so I figured i’d shout about it here so you guys who are thinking about ordering a pin2dmd know my last positive experience wasn’t a one off. This time round it took about 8 days to arrive so not as quick as last time but i still think getting something from Australia in that timeframe is amazing. Both the units i have bought have came ready to go. The colour files were already on the sd card and the power cables to plug the dmd in were supplied. The one for my Williams game had a splitter cable for power so was easy to install and I didn’t have to splice into existing cables.

And the best bit…..it was sent in such a way that it breezed through customs again and I didn’t get slapped with any taxes this time either 😎
Thanks, I just ordered one for my Shadow👍

Back
Top Bottom