What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Pin2DMD Colour Displays & Bally/Williams/Data East PCBs

Terranigma

Staff member
Hi Guys,

I've been contacted by quite a few people wanting displays, so I thought it was about time to start a post.
I maintain the colour file list for Pin2DMD here and spend the majority of my time being involved with Pin2DMD software and hardware, along with most of the authors and creators who produce excellent content for the devices.
I created my online store a little while ago Retrocity.com.au and it's helped me connect with so many wonderful people around the world.

I'm offering Pinball Info Members who support this site 10% off my website prices.

As my main currency is in aud, the conversion will change from time to time, but I will do my best to update the pricing here.
I will however check the website price first before the order so it will stay current. Paypal is accepted but if you would like to use credit card I can organise something via the website for you.

All displays will come with the following:

- Fully Activated
- Genuine SD Card
- Power harness to suit your specific machine
- The Latest Firmware installed
- Latest PCB version
- Colour File Installed* (additional cost paid to the author may apply)
- Fully plug and play
- 12 Months Warranty
- Full Support

*Please note, the colour files unless stated, are not produced by myself. I have worked with many artists in the past and have contributed to many files in some way, but I am not responsible for the content or quality of other peoples work. Please refer to the colour file list or posts by the author for more information. Please understand I am more than happy to support any issues you may have with hardware and software, but returns will not be accepted based on the colour file quality itself as I have no control over this and do not charge or take payment personally for this at all. I will do my best to get images and videos for each file soon as I am actively working with the authors on this, so stay tuned! Thanks for your understanding.

£154 - Pin2DMD Standard x32 Display
£163 - Pin2DMD Standard x16 Display Half Size Data East and comes with the Display Rom Installed for your game
£189 - Pin2DMD Sega XL x64 Display for the 4 larger display games

Postage to the UK and most countries Fully Insured:
£27 for 1 x32 or x16 display
£37 for 1 Sega XL display

Please ask about multiple items as the postage drastically reduces after the first item. For example, postage for standard size displays goes from £27 for 1x unit to £37 for 2x units
Happy to do group orders so you can save on postage.

Postage is from Australia via Express Post International Air Mail and usually takes between 7-10 working days give or take. I have had some arrive sooner and some a bit later.
No Tax is charged on my end, but you may be required to pay VAT or duty in your country. Please be aware of this.
For customs, the items will be valued at list price but if you have specific requirements, just let me know and we can work it out.
Packed with a large box, bubble wrapped and packing peanuts to make sure your display arrives safely. If anything should happen though, the included insurance should handle it.

Most colour files are based off the latest game rom version, so if you need an updated game chip, you can contact @Paul and he will be able to sort you out.

I've had some feedback posted here if you'd like to check it out and it also gives a bit more information as well.

Any questions or if you need any help setting up or anything else I am happy to help you out.

If anyone members have purchased direct off me recently for full price without discount, please let me know and I will sort something out for you.

Thanks!
Andrew

Last edited:
Ill take DE 16 for The Hook plz

What country are they being shipped from?

Hi Chris, good question. I will add that to the post. Everything ships from Australia and the quoted postage times apply from there (7-10 working days via Express).

I will send you a message, thanks.

Ive also used retrocity, Andrew is a top man, full comms all the way, tracking details etc etc Great prices. the only draw back was the customs on a sega dmd was I think £90.

Ive also used retrocity, Andrew is a top man, full comms all the way, tracking details etc etc Great prices. the only draw back was the customs on a sega dmd was I think £90.

Hi Sharps, thanks for the feedback and support! Could you message me about customs? That seems usually high but who knows with customs. I've found it's usually around 20% of the declared value, but happy to work with people on declaration or other aspects of it. Thanks

Hi Sharps, thanks for the feedback and support! Could you message me about customs? That seems usually high but who knows with customs. I've found it's usually around 20% of the declared value, but happy to work with people on declaration or other aspects of it. Thanks
appologies I just checked..£60.67 was the customs charge. I sent pm about maverick pin2dmd colour files? thanks Andrew. do you ever sleep? always get an almost instant reply any time of the day!!! VAMPIRE ? 🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️😂😂😂

I'm interested in one or two screens. Anyone interested in getting a bulk deal to see if we can save a few pennies on shipping? I'm happy to act as the hub (also happy if someone else does, not everyone knows me :) ).

Re customs charges…

Most carriers charge a collection fee, this is normally about £15-20, which on relatively low valued items means the collection fee is about he same as the VAT, better off doing a group buy, then only incur one collection fee.

Just my opinion.

Chris.

Re customs charges…

Most carriers charge a collection fee, this is normally about £15-20, which on relatively low valued items means the collection fee is about he same as the VAT, better off doing a group buy, then only incur one collection fee.

Just my opinion.

Chris.
Partially agree with you. £12 handling fee is a pain as they charge it no matter the value. Unfortunately, with the bulk posting you got no chance of avoiding the VAT. In that case you are saving on one (plus a bit on postage) but loosing even more on the VAT.
Win-win for "them" Im afraid.

IT should be 20% VAT Plus Royal Mails' handling fee (which i think is currently £8)...

EDIT : Stumbled upon this which of course is immediately out of date, however might be a good guide....)

r8yjnkbzq9ndgg6UjToGQie0-FDeV6T9YIj8uDGX0sYXpFf9iUrGRJ0smbYh7RjNRQ3Td1MErNZ0CeRZ2zw-bYrAwYe2u0Jm2ickswd2G6MQWMck4E2k52NsiBbfejdsN_F4e5GjNisIjPUgSLg7iDI

Agree with Paul. Pinball machines and parts are zero rated for customs duty, so the only charge should be UK import VAT which is charged at the UK border (rated at 20% like standard domestic UK VAT, and charged on the total invoice value of item cost and the shipping/transport cost) and any shipping company handling charge. If anyone is being charged duty at the border, then probably the item has been shipped with the wrong commodity code. Correct, zero % rated, commodity codes are 9504302000 for pinball machines and 9504309000 for pinball parts, and the supplier needs to specify these on the parcel / shipping documentation / any local export paperwork correctly. You can read more about those codes on the government website here.

The following link was written in relation to EU to UK imports, but the rules and 0% duty rate are the same for AUS to UK.

Post about importing

Edit: for completeness of info, there is an exceptional scenario for small orders imported from the EU, where ,if the order value is below £135, then the supplier should invoice you UK VAT, rather than it being charged at the border. I'm not sure if this rule applies to AUS imports, but I doubt we have this type of agreement in place with AUS, so expect it is irrelevant in this situation (I am guessing at this final point though, I've not researched it).

Last edited:
Gifts above £39 and you pay vat plus £12 PF handling fee, I just had one delivered and I did check it out to see why it was in customs.
Various options available with Andrew Im sure, I was happy paying the very small amount of vat but PF I hate so anything going to them cheeses me off.

Next time it’s worth under £39😉

"You will not have to pay anything to the delivery company to receive goods worth less than £135 unless they’re gifts over £39 or excise goods (for example, alcohol and tobacco)."

Yes. You are right. I've missed the £39 bit. Kind of saved my ass. Thanks :)

"You will not have to pay anything to the delivery company to receive goods worth less than £135 unless they’re gifts over £39 or excise goods (for example, alcohol and tobacco)."

Yes. You are right. I've missed the £39 bit. Kind of saved my ass. Thanks :)
Looking over that law in relation to AUS, it looks like the £135 exception I mentioned in my previous post is applicable to imports from AUS. So in the case of orders below £135, the AUS seller should be registering with UK HMRC and charging you standard UK VAT - then completing a UK tax return to pay HMRC...

It's hard to imagine how this is working in practice, and I guess this is why many smaller companies are simply refusing to export to the UK now. The extra paperwork and accounting complexity wouldn't be worth the sale value. Also, if a company in AUS invoices with UK VAT included per these rules, but doesn't then bother sending a tax return to UK HMRC, then it's not clear how HMRC could/would enforce that. It's so complex that I can imagine HMRC/border staff getting it wrong too.

Anyway, upshot is that per the rules, you should still pay the 20% VAT - the only difference between <£135 and >£135 is whether the VAT was invoiced by the seller at point of sale, or charged at the UK border.

I guess, as a buyer, the thing to make sure that doesn't happen is you being charged VAT twice, due to confusion about these rules (once by the vendor, then again at the border). If that happened, you could reclaim the cock-up from HMRC, but it all sounds like a massive headache.

Hi there,
Yes I do, I can get you a price posted but if you know someone who is getting a display I could add it in their package to save postage.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Great. I’ve got a brand new pin2dmd display but no leads. What would be the cost of the lead’s delivery to uk ? Thanks Mark.

Back
Top Bottom