What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available PIN2DMD - 3rd round Group Buy Due Sept 5th 2020

Out with the old .....

20200904_211611.jpg

... And in with the new.

20200907_193115.jpg

20200907_193252.jpg

Thanks Mike for organising everything.

Those colours don't look right to me, assuming you are running the project from Malenko - either the project isn't working correctly (maybe pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq are not on the SD card root, or corrupted), or the RGB sequence for the panel is wrong - the boot up screen colour sequence should match the colour sequence shown at the top of the image on pin2dmd.com.

I uploaded a tweaked version of the project that fixes the attract sequence flash if you are using free play in one of the other pin2dmd threads, and I'm actually working on a few updates for the project right now

Those colours don't look right to me, assuming you are running the project from Malenko - either the project isn't working correctly (maybe pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq are not on the SD card root, or corrupted), or the RGB sequence for the panel is wrong - the boot up screen colour sequence should match the colour sequence shown at the top of the image on pin2dmd.com.

I uploaded a tweaked version of the project that fixes the attract sequence flash if you are using free play in one of the other pin2dmd threads, and I'm actually working on a few updates for the project right now

Yes your right the test card does not match at all I am using the project from Malenko. The burn rubber scrolling map is almost un-viewable too but I was using a LCD DMD Extender and the map was the same so I assumed that was how it is not using a proper DMD display. I have a go at tweaking it I saw Mikes comment on how to adjust the RGB earlier.

Thanks @slippifishi

All sorted Thanks @slippifishi I thought it was good before, now its fantastic. I did wonder why the woman had bright purple hair instead of blonde :D The map scene is 100% better now also.

So I received my displays today (thanks @MadNat), have installed the display, renamed the two files (.pal and .fsq) to pin2dmd and copied to the SD card but the display only comes up with 4 colours. Files are also on root of SD card.

I've checked the palette is correct, reformatted SD card but not sure where to go from here.

Any advice on what to check for next?

Cheers, G

Hmmmm what's the game? Maybe redownload the files again, and just to be super explicit, there should be two files, pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq

Also make sure you aren't using the virtual pinball files by mistake, if you got them from vpuniverse

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:
Hmmmm what's the game? Maybe redownload the files again, and just to be super explicit, there should be two files, pin2dmd.pal and pind2dmd.fsq

Also make sure you aren't using the virtual pinball files by mistake, if you got them from vpuniverse

I downloaded them directly from the authors link and mentioned they were for a real pin, so I assume they were the correct ones. Is there any way to tell which is which?

pin2dmd.pal and pind2dmd.fsq

Definitely pind2dmd.fsq? Not pin2dmd.fsq? This might be the issue.

So I received my displays today (thanks @MadNat), have installed the display, renamed the two files (.pal and .fsq) to pin2dmd and copied to the SD card but the display only comes up with 4 colours. Files are also on root of SD card.

I've checked the palette is correct, reformatted SD card but not sure where to go from here.

Any advice on what to check for next?

Cheers, G

Not sure if it would make a difference but is the SD card formatted FAT32 ?

I downloaded them directly from the authors link and mentioned they were for a real pin, so I assume they were the correct ones. Is there any way to tell which is which?

Definitely pind2dmd.fsq? Not pin2dmd.fsq? This might be the issue.

Sorry thats a typo on my part, pin2dmd is correct. If the extension was already fsq then it is almost certainly the right file

What are the colours you see, can you show us a photo? Sounds odd but it might give us a clue if the default palette from the pin2dmd.pal file is loading vs. the built in default palette

When you first apply power to a pin2dmd it will come up with the logo and 16 coloured blocks along the top.
If you have put in an SD card with the pal and fsq files it will almost instantly change these 16 coloured blocks - then you will see the pinball booting screen.
Also have you set it to be the correct pinball in the menu (There are options for spike/bally williams/stern whitestar etc).....

I got a message yesterday from the courier to say my parcel had been miss sorted :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you first apply power to a pin2dmd it will come up with the logo and 16 coloured blocks along the top.
If you have put in an SD card with the pal and fsq files it will almost instantly change these 16 coloured blocks - then you will see the pinball booting screen.
Also have you set it to be the correct pinball in the menu (There are options for spike/bally williams/stern whitestar etc).....

I've asked @Lucky1 for a new feature that can show if the files have been found/loaded in a new menu option - hopefully that will come in a future release.

Meanwhile, use the Save Settings option in the menu. Then remove the SD card and on your pc check the SD card for a file pin2dmd.dat file. Just checking if your panel is able to read/write to the specific SD card you are using.

Do you have a colour file? I have that on a microsd card but the colours were wrong so I went in the config and went through each palette till the colours were right. I can't say I know which one it was.

I also changed a setting to Bally/Williams
Hi, where did you get the colour file from. There is no SD card in my display I have tried just adjusting the RGB setting and none match yours, thanks @David_Vi

You have to find one for your game if they exist.
Is it a Road Show or another game?
It's a roadshow as in your vid. I can't the same colours you have. I can see someone os working on a full colourisation, but it's not finished yet, just woundering how you got your RS to display the colours on the vid, thanks

Arrived thank you :)
Folks, I no longer need it, if anyone wanta to buy a brand new pin2dmd let me know as its for sale

It's a roadshow as in your vid. I can't the same colours you have. I can see someone os working on a full colourisation, but it's not finished yet, just woundering how you got your RS to display the colours on the vid, thanks

It's the one that's not finished. I messaged the creator asking if i could have the work in progress version. Cost a €20 donation.

You won't get colours without that file

It's the one that's not finished. I messaged the creator asking if i could have the work in progress version. Cost a €20 donation.

You won't get colours without that file
Oh, Thanks. I will do the same and see he will do the same thing

I'm not planning a 4th group buy
Will there be anymore of these?
I'm not planning a 4th Group Buy. Maybe another member will at some stage.

You can buy them from commercial suppliers. I know @Rob zombie bought one - from a commercial supplier. Perhaps he can share details.

Cheers
Mike

Suspect the group buy kicked off after I had ordered one (from German Gaming Supplies).
Took a while to arrive but it was (despite what ive read on the internets) plug and play. Came with an SD card and was activated.

Back
Top Bottom