What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available PIN2DMD - 3rd round Group Buy Due Sept 5th 2020

Put me down for one for Road Show please. I believe that's the standard size?
By the time I get mine the colour file might be done :)

1 standard for me too please... I would have more but my collection seems to be veering away from DMD pins recently 😂

Can you add 2 x standard size to the list for me please. Would have gone with 1 x XL but it looks like Frankenstein isn't quite finished yet.

Quick question,
If there is no colour files available for the game, can a pin2dmd be fitted and it will work the same as a standard dot matrix screen all in orange, straight out the box

Quick question,
If there is no colour files available for the game, can a pin2dmd be fitted and it will work the same as a standard dot matrix screen all in orange, straight out the box
Correct. Plus you can choose which 4 colours to use to replace the 4 shades of orange/green/red your exsting DMD uses.

Ah good stuff, is fitting relativly straight forward?

I watched your video a while back but can't seem to find it now

would anyone be able to offer some advice on which wires to tap into for 12v on congo?
thanks

Correct. Plus you can choose which 4 colours to use to replace the 4 shades of orange/green/red your exsting DMD uses.

Ok so these are only 4 colour is that right? Are these different from the Evo ones which are 16 colour(I think)? Confusing trying to figure out what’s what with these things.

Ok so these are only 4 colour is that right? Are these different from the Evo ones which are 16 colour(I think)? Confusing trying to figure out what’s what with these things.
No, they're more than that and all new based on Evo board, he's referring to applying a palette to swap out the default colours which maybe 4 or more based on machine

No, they're more than that and all new based on Evo board, he's referring to applying a palette to swap out the default colours which maybe 4 or more based on machine

ok cool, some actual specs would alleviate these kind of questions.

It’s an open source project. You can find all of the available technical details at PIN2DMD.COM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok cool, some actual specs would alleviate these kind of questions.
Yeah I know what you mean but not sure that stuff comes with the community turf. Imho these things put out as good as the commercial alternatives. The editor I'm using allows 16 colours per pallet and "many" pallets per game, so take Dr Who in a few colours to this
1593121355058.png

1593121373196.png

It’s an open source project. You can find all of the available technical details at PIN2DMD.COM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This needs to be packaged better. It’s as though some teenage IT freak went “Hey look what I can do! What do you mean what is it? Work it out dude!”. Seriously, package it better. Make us understand exactly what it is without us having to ask questions.

Thanks for your feedback. It really doesn’t make any real difference to me. It seems you maybe confused that I’m doing this for some kind of personal or business benefit.

All I’m doing is consolidating demand for an open source product. Being open source - it’s not my product, I have no interest in promoting them or developing “packaging”.

Hope you enjoy whatever you buy from whoever you buy it from.

Last edited:
Can you put me down for one standard size please

Is it relativly easy to change the 4 standard colours around?

Thanks for your feedback. It really doesn’t make any real difference to me. It seems you maybe confused that I’m doing this for some kind of personal or business benefit.

All I’m doing is consolidating demand for an open source product. Being open source - it’s not my product, I have no interest in promoting or developing “packaging”.

Hope you enjoy whatever you buy from whoever you buy it from.

No problem. I’m sure they’re all the same. I just don’t like your attitude as a seller. But that’s always good to know at an early stage rather than when the money’s been handed over. I’m sure you’re fantastic, but not for me on this occasion.

@cr5000462 what game? I am happy to help you as directly as I can, either provide a palette file for your SD or walk through the Pin2DMD Editor to set them yourselves, tbh like most things it's easy once you know how. Note, that one of the default colours will be black/off typically used for the background.

Step 1, you may be happy with the default multicolour palette as supplied, or the swatches of single colour tones (reds, oranges, greens, blues etc) which as madnat describes above you simply select with the onboard menu buttons.

Edit. Based on your other post this game? Uses 4 colours (black +3) will look cool in "greens" but they need tweaking. The scoring screen is really dull, applying a better separate colouring to that is a win too whilst dabbling in the Editor. It looks fun to colour, I'm sure one of the top guys will do it properly at some point :thumbs:

1593157839464.png

Greens (tweeked in Editor)
1593158058980.png

Last edited:
I am also interested in how to support pin2dmd ...
like most people i am time poor ...

dumb ask question for the end of month
how do you get the full version of the editor

You just need your activation key. You can extract it from the activated board. Or I can send you it if you DM me your serial number (I know you got yours through the group buy [emoji106])

Back
Top Bottom