What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin/chill out room build

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Today construction is starting, room will be inside my garage and about 8.2m x 3.7m. 10 pins along one wall, 25” Mame cab, dj booth, draught beer system (True), 65” screen, a/c and anything else I can get away with.
Had to take car out of air chamber and put on drive😭and put 6 pins in to keep out of the way, probably better for them in there.
Will post some pics as it happens, I had accumulated so much stuff it took me a couple of weeks to clear the space.
Exciting times here.

Don’t forget insulation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeez that's a big garage!

love the pin tent lolol, saw a pin sled on pinside the other day now seen a pin tent! what next!

Bit more done today, lights on the way from Germany. 4 x Osram led panel lights (1200x300) warm or daylight and dimmable.
Electrics ordered, 5kw a/c near enough ordered.

which ac system did you go for?
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK ZSX diamond series is the one I’m trying to get in R32 refrigerant as the r410 gas is getting quite expensive as it’s being phased out.
I’m F gas registered but a mate is sorting it who knows more than me, I did the a/c course a few years ago as I thought it would be handy to know how it all works as I hate having to rely on people. But I’ve had Daikins which are pretty good but the MHI’s are really good for the money and reliable.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK ZSX diamond series is the one I’m trying to get in R32 refrigerant as the r410 gas is getting quite expensive as it’s being phased out.
I’m F gas registered but a mate is sorting it who knows more than me, I did the a/c course a few years ago as I thought it would be handy to know how it all works as I hate having to rely on people. But I’ve had Daikins which are pretty good but the MHI’s are really good for the money and reliable.

I have a Mitsubishi SRK, an inverter driven split unit, it’s fantastic.

My cave build should be starting soon, currently in the hands of the architects, I’m wondering another AC system or run it from the house boiler??

Love your build by the way, and your garage is cool, new garage is also part of my cave build.

Watching with interest.

Chris.

I have a Mitsubishi SRK, an inverter driven split unit, it’s fantastic.

My cave build should be starting soon, currently in the hands of the architects, I’m wondering another AC system or run it from the house boiler??

Love your build by the way, and your garage is cool, new garage is also part of my cave build.

Watching with interest.

Chris.

If your incoming power can handle another a/c unit I would definitely go that route, it will all be self contained with the added benefit of cooling if you need it.
Good luck with your build it’s good to have something to look forward to.

If your incoming power can handle another a/c unit I would definitely go that route, it will all be self contained with the added benefit of cooling if you need it.
Good luck with your build it’s good to have something to look forward to.

Your quite right, my current one is 5Kw cooling 5.8Kw heating, cooling takes Max 1.66Kw (7.3A) and heating 1.7Kw (7.5A) of electricity, heat transfer, much better than making heat, looks like I will go for another of the same, my current one is R410, the gas isn't so expensive......... YET!

Very simple to install and also like the function of dehumidifying and can be programmed and run independently to the house.

Better heating is to turn on all my machines, they kind of do the job for you! :cool:

Chris.

Hey @taz turbo - why are you worrying about gas pricing? They are sealed systems, so shouldn't be getting "topped up" (in fact with flourinated gasses,, such as 410 which is a hydroflourocarbon, it's illegal under the F-Gas regulations).

Hey @taz turbo - why are you worrying about gas pricing? They are sealed systems, so shouldn't be getting "topped up" (in fact with flourinated gasses,, such as 410 which is a hydroflourocarbon, it's illegal under the F-Gas regulations).

I'm not it was M4carp mentioned about gas price.

I was F gas registered (expired a couple of years ago) I'm aware there sealed systems, but do use some systems with my work that cost many thousands £ for a re-gas, makes the 6 monthly leak check a bit more of a financial requirement in turn seems to drive the environmental requirement.

It was me who mentioned the R410 gas price, gone up a lot. But yes you don’t top up but if you get a leak which can happen on the flanges etc from vibration you will need to evacuate weigh and add to correct amount. R32 is the future now for a/c.

Your quite right, my current one is 5Kw cooling 5.8Kw heating, cooling takes Max 1.66Kw (7.3A) and heating 1.7Kw (7.5A) of electricity, heat transfer, much better than making heat, looks like I will go for another of the same, my current one is R410, the gas isn't so expensive......... YET!

Very simple to install and also like the function of dehumidifying and can be programmed and run independently to the house.

Better heating is to turn on all my machines, they kind of do the job for you! :cool:

Chris.

Yeah 10 machines = 3 to 4kw of heat plus bodies as well👍
I was thinking I might have to add a trickle ventilation system on a timer or switch as someone mentioned to me that he was at someone’s pin shed and the smells was well smelly coming off farty old men🤣 will see how it goes as easy for me to add.

Mostly plasterboarded and wiring in, boards on top fitted so no space wasted plenty of storage space.
Being plastered Friday, not long now. I’m gagging to play the new pins I’ve recently bought and not played really.

Plastering today at last.
I was going to use Quick Step Livyn vinyl flooring but put a few pieces I had spare from another job under a pinball for a couple of weeks and found it left round marks in it so have decided to go with carpet tiles as others have done but not sure which ones to go for so any recommendations will be welcome.
Chippy back tomorrow to do some more bits.

I got a bunch from dctuk.com that are commercial grade a little more dosh but worth it I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well the plastering was disappointing but have sanded it flattish and plasterer was back to do some filling. Had bare plaster coat.
Going for mulberry burst Dulux colour which is a dark purple.
Fitted the lighting today to see how the walls would look, pleased with lighting. Dimmable, warm to daylight and each light is choosable.
Set them so they are behind you as you stand at the pinball and not in the middle so there should be no glare.

Is the colour for the ceiling also ? might be worth testing it from a glare/reflection POV with the lights if you can. Looking at the colour it looks great though. and a great space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the colour for the ceiling also ? might be worth testing it from a glare/reflection POV with the lights if you can. Looking at the colour it looks great though. and a great space.
Walls only but did think about doing the ceiling a colour. I’ve got similar lights in my kitchen and did a test with some glass so should be ok but they do dim down quite low plus I can control individual lights on a remote once I work out how to use it (I’m hungover today)

Last edited:
They are dimming and thats exactly what you need.
You'll also need bright lights when working on the pins.
Den looks great.
Get the pins in quick :)

Back
Top Bottom