What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next new Stern announced this week!

I predict semi's will be LOTR vs ACDC, JP vs IMDN, with LOTR beating JP in the final.

My guesses for the second bracket are...

LOTR vs BM66

GoT vs TWD

JP vs EHOH

IM vs Met

AC/DC vs ST

SM vs TSPP

DP vs Tron

GB vs IM

Not bad - only one wrong guess!

For the next round I reckon it'll be...

LOTR vs TWD

JP vs Met

AC/DC vs SM

DP vs IMDN

I'm kinda glad JP2 got knocked out as sadly I thought that would win it. Well done to Metallica many thousands of fans who clicked :D

I have now got TWD and it’s miles better than LOtR’s, especially as the flippers haven’t burnt out yet😂

I wouldn’t put money on it to be honest, never played LOTR.
I’m thinking.....
After watching for the 1st time last night on Amazon Prime - Special when Lit - the competitiveness of Elwin and Sheats..... I wouldn’t put it past them to have all their fan base doing the voting on IMDN + MET 😃

they're both great games - i reckon LOTR would've got the nostalgia vote though. It was leagues ahead of anything when it was released.

Fast forward 17yrs and i'd pick MET over LOTR (which i recently did in practise).

On FB - even Stern was posting gifs of LOTR in the voting section......
I reckon every middle earth enthusiast site had a link shared.
I’m not completely innocent 😇.....
Last night when I seen how close it was - I joined the biggest Metallica fan site and shared the voting link.
It was doing really well until the admins pulled it. I then sent them a PM to reinstate it but they ignored me - 😂

Lotr might not win on shots & layout, but it certainly wins on theme imo. The sound package is also great (that super jackpot...), and of course the rules are really solid.

The rock/metal themes just don't do anything for me personally, and I suspect for many of the voters too. The only band in there that I would ever listen to is AC/DC.

If you change the speakers out the sound is fantastic on LOTR. Stock speakers it sounds like some trying to shout for help whilst being kidnapped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you change the speakers out the sound is fantastic on LOTR. Stock speakers it sounds like some trying to shout for help whilst being kidnapped!

I was wondering about that, somebody spent a fortune modding mine but it has stock speakers. It does sound crap. Good to know👍

I reckon every middle earth enthusiast site had a link shared.

I run a football site and this happens with almost every poll. Once the partisan vote is mobilised it's completely warps the competition.. . .basically Man U win every vote be it food, parking, transport links or ticket value.

As for the pins I've only played one of the four but I'm sure it's the best 😉

Why is pinball so rock music heavy? Why no Carpenters, Abba or Chesney Hawkes machine?

Once the partisan vote is mobilised it's completely warps the competition.. . .basically Man U win every vote be it food, parking, transport links or ticket value.
Shame most of them have never been.... ;)

Why is pinball so rock music heavy? Why no Carpenters, Abba or Chesney Hawkes machine?
Good question, maybe something to do with the fast pace action of the silver ball flying around and being more suited?
Or
The top brass at Stern love Rock and design what is likely to sell?
I would hazard a guess most retro bands would love to have a pin designed in their honour.

"this week!" is fast approaching its first birthday 🎂

I run a football site and this happens with almost every poll. Once the partisan vote is mobilised it's completely warps the competition.. . .basically Man U win every vote be it food, parking, transport links or ticket value.

As for the pins I've only played one of the four but I'm sure it's the best 😉

I know someone who would adore an Abba theme ❤️

Hell yes!

Disco maiden has two abba songs in it already :)

Back
Top Bottom