What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all. Been lurking a while with a couple of posts but this week I finally took delivery of my first machine, a Stern Family Guy, as well as a virtual pinball machine from ArcadeLand in Stoke.

Live in Camberley in Surrey.

My history is gaming rather than pins, particularly mid 80s-mid 90s stuff. Regularly attend events like Play, Revival etc where there are pinball machines present (from places like Electric Circus and NERG). This got my kids and I into pinball too as it was a break from just looking at screens all weekend (and drinking).

Attachments

• F2926B59-467F-4875-9F26-F13CE0FBE746.jpeg
    F2926B59-467F-4875-9F26-F13CE0FBE746.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 15C33048-3806-410D-BA97-8E177357D685.jpeg
    15C33048-3806-410D-BA97-8E177357D685.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
Hi all,

I'm Daniel (Some of my friends call me DanO), 27 and I'm a Portsmouth based player. There's not too much around here but Clarence Pier does have Beatles, Avengers and Led Zeppelin around here in decent condition (and Avengers has a nice low replay score which helps!)

Been to a couple of tournaments over at SWL and had a good time meeting friendly people and getting some good practice and expanding game knowledge in on various games, hope to attend more tournaments in the future and possibly even the UK Open later in the year.

I actually come from more of a gaming background, in particular arcade rhythm and lightgun games have been my forte for many years but with pinball cabs being a bit more accessible to me locally has seemed to given me the desire to want to get more involved in the community. I think also a few of my friends have taken a recent interest in it as well which has helped in giving me some motivation to play more. Here's to potentially meeting some more of you at upcoming tournaments!

Yeah it's me :D thanks, I do have a lot of videos on there. I'm not that good at pinball yet!

Welcome to the group, Charlie. It was a pleasure to have you in our group on Sunday and was impressed by your cracking score on LW3 (you were 3rd highest on the day). And I still insist that damned Getaway tilt was way too sensitive :)

Paul

Welcome to the group, Charlie. It was a pleasure to have you in our group on Sunday and was impressed by your cracking score on LW3 (you were 3rd highest on the day). And I still insist that damned Getaway tilt was way too sensitive :)

Paul
I am really grateful for you looking after me for my first one. Considering you managed to tilt it without trying to nudge you might be right :)

Hello :)
I have missed the pinball scene and decided to come back, yes I was on here before and deleted my account after some grief with the Game Of Thrones I was selling.
Went to a few shows with my R2 unit and met a lot of you.
I sold all my games sadly, will never get a collection like that again as some of the games I sold are up for sale more than double what I sold them for such as the Elvis on Facebook.
Would be nice just to have one or two, so will keep a eye out.
Many Thanks

Hello :)
I have missed the pinball scene and decided to come back, yes I was on here before and deleted my account after some grief with the Game Of Thrones I was selling.
Went to a few shows with my R2 unit and met a lot of you.
I sold all my games sadly, will never get a collection like that again as some of the games I sold are up for sale more than double what I sold them for such as the Elvis on Facebook.
Would be nice just to have one or two, so will keep a eye out.
Many Thanks
Robertlucas? Weird i was thinking i hadnt seen you for a while. Welcome back 👍

Hi everyone, I’m Fran and I’ve been lurking here for ages so thought it’s about time I say hello.

Im a relative newcomer to the hobby and looking to learn as much as I can about playing and maintaining pinball machines.

I recently joined Pinball Republic and hope I can quickly improve on my first pingolf score! I’ve got one machine, a late production BM66 - I scored 2.7bn on it last weekend without doing Bookworm/Freeze, so I’m getting better.

Hope to meet some of you at PR.

Hello my name is Dan im 39 and from Leeds UK, Got into pinball about a year back and current lineup is:-

Godzilla LE
Elvira House of Horrors 40th
Deadpool Premium
Iron Maiden Premium
Toy Story 4 CE
James Bond LE
Medieval Madness Remake

Also have Foo Fighters LE coming soon!

Nice to meet you all and I will be at pinfest this year :)

Hello my name is Dan im 39 and from Leeds UK, Got into pinball about a year back and current lineup is:-

Godzilla LE
Deadpool Premium
Iron Maiden Premium
Toy Story 4 CE
James Bond LE
Medieval Madness Remake

Blimey that’s an impressive first year in the hobby ! 👏👏

Godzilla LE
Deadpool Premium
Iron Maiden Premium
Toy Story 4 CE
James Bond LE
Medieval Madness Remake

I think you'll fit in well with already having a big collection :D
That's a lot of new games too!

Hi guys, thanks for adding me to the site. I've yet to dip my toe into the pinball world, but who knows - now I'm here I could be tempted to get one sooner or later!

I'm mainly into Video Games - been collecting them for over 20 years now so I'm sure I know quite a few members here who are also into those! :)

Hi all, just joined the forum, thanks to @ianw for pointing me in this direction!

Never ever played pinball until I went on a snowboarding trip this year and discovered a Star Trek machine. Was hooked and found myself there every evening trying to beat the highest score lol.

Came back and the bug was still there so im searching for a Mandalorian LE as ive become obsessed with this machine and researching it.
Missed out on one from Home Leisure Direct due to me waiting on a BNIB someone had but when I turned up it was the Premium 😖

The search continues!

Welcome to the forum @Scott-UK :thumbs: The next Midlands league event is happening next weekend if you fancy getting involved, there's a weekly classics league at Electric Circus in Nuneaton and plenty of us in the Leicester area if you want to play some games.

Hi, my name is Thomas & im 38. I’ve been interested in pinball for a long time. First introduced by pinball arcade on xbox 360. Really enjoyed the Wms era games. Then looked into building a virtual cab & playing with Vpx & pbfx 3 software. Then had a break & now looking at building a new cab & using the new Pbfx program as graphics have vastly improved.

My space is limited atm so have room for one virtual cab & one real machine. But probably like many here had kids, so things halted for a few years. Looking an upsizing this year so will hopefully have an area for an arcade area.

My grail pin that I want is Mmr & annoyingly I missed the last run. But am now on a waiting list with Phil. So hopefully after Pulp Fiction Cgc will re run machines again

I have been listening to Gonzo’s podcasts starting from the beginning & really enjoying them. He & Spencer recommended trying Special When lit, which seems to be my closest place to play a decent amount of machines.

I would love to meet people local to me that are interested in the hobby, try different machines & potentially get to Pinfest in the future

Apologies for the long post ;-)

Back
Top Bottom