What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all, I was a service engineer for Paymaster (BLMS) from 88 - 99 so have repaired my fair share of pinball machines over the years. Just setting up my games room at home and would like to purchase a machine. Looking for machine suggestions, I always wanted TAF but, a good one at a sensible price is hard to find!

welcome. there is no such thing as a sensible priced taf. it’s always going to be expensive.

expect demand to increase next month when the new Wednesday series is released.

Salutations all...

I'm Kev from the North East UK. 54. Been into retro gaming since forever. Due to space I usually keep my machine count to 1. Pathetic I know...sighs. My first purchase in the hobby was over 10 years ago. I managed to find a mostly working Elvira Scared Stiff. I was originally hunting for an Addams Family but even then prices were restrictive. So I settled for the Elvira machine (Huge Fan!). I have hobby level skills so managed, with out too much pain to get her up and running 100% before modding with the usual upgrades. I kept her for around 4 year before selling on, (for nice profit) and then found a rough but working Atari Battlezone. Did a lovely cab resto on that one. All PCB's were lovingly gone over. Rebuilt the AR board and in the process managed to replace one of the diodes in the bridge rectifier the wrong way round and made the game board go nuclear. Hilarious I know. At the time the smoke went up I think I actual whimpered. Anyways as you all know when sh*t like that happens you either learn a lot in a short period of time or send off boards to get repaired by experts. I did the former. Got the machine back up and running within a few weeks.
Had Battlezone for maybe 3 year, Loved every second! But I always had a dream, a holy grail if you will. I must have been 8 or 9 when I first played a Midway Haunted House EM rifle game. At the time, my dad was just starting to allowing me to stay up with him on a Friday night to watch the double bill Universal Horror movies on BBC2. Since then I have had a life long love of classic horror. So you can imagine my amazement regarding the HH machine. I had been searching for a half decent example of this machine since my mid 40's. Then when I hit 50 I re-doubled my efforts and concluded the only way to get a HH was to import from the US. A couple of weeks before my 51 birthday my HH landed at my door on the back of a truck. I waited a few days after locating in my mancave before turning it on to ensure it was acclimatized. When I did turn it on it was as dead as a door nail, only a few stuck on bulbs were lit and nothing coming from the motors except loud hum! Wonderful.
It took me all over the next few month to strip out all of the mechs and deep clean every contact and rebuild every solenoid. I replaced the 8 tack player with a digital sound board as the 8 track was expecting a 60hz supply so it played slow even after refurb. I eventually got my HH playing 100% with delicious sound coming from the new conversion. The next month was taken up with the cab resto.
The whole experience was a delight and the end result was nothing short of a work of art. well to me it was anyways...! I sold the HH to a collector not so long ago. Yes it was a holy grail but at the same time these are big units and space has always been an issue for me.
Last year a built a VR PC from scratch and set upon building a VR pinsim. Since then I have collected around 80-90 VR cabs and use the pinsim on a daily basis. Its amazing. But yeah I miss the whole hands on experience hence the joining of this forum. What I can offer is unknown I guess, but yeah, I do have a small skill base that I am willing to share. I'd absolutely love the opportunity to work on machines again, in a learning/resto capacity.
I've missed NERG the last 2 year for obvious reasons but thankfully I'll be there on the Saturday this year with a big old grin on my face wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. The smell or the warm PCB's pulsing in the cabs and pins. The clash of the coils in the EM cabs. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics! Welcome and I’m sure some of us would love to hear more about your PinSim build and impressions of how pinball plays on it. If you ever feel like writing a few lines on this, check out the Virtual Pinball section on this forum.

Hi everyone. New member from Uxbridge. Always enjoyed pinball but never took a moment to think it was still in production and as avid as it is. Last couple of years have had me checking out the haunts in london and birmingham. Loving it. Built myself a mini arcade in the summer house around a new machine i ordered over 2 birthdays ago… and still don’t have. Decided to buy whirlwind for the time being as it’s getting me down waiting so long 🙃 - Gonzo, watching you unbox it was tough, real tough 😂.

Hi everyone. New member from Uxbridge. Always enjoyed pinball but never took a moment to think it was still in production and as avid as it is. Last couple of years have had me checking out the haunts in london and birmingham. Loving it. Built myself a mini arcade in the summer house around a new machine i ordered over 2 birthdays ago… and still don’t have. Decided to buy whirlwind for the time being as it’s getting me down waiting so long 🙃 - Gonzo, watching you unbox it was tough, real tough 😂.
Hi mate, I’m from your way (Acton) but moved away. My bro lives in Denham and I was working that way until recently.
Gonzo will cost you are small fortune😂 Whirlwind is a good one, wouldn't mind one myself.
Not many people stop at only one pin, wait and see!
Chief coffee shop in Chiswick isn’t too far from you and have a few pins there in case you didn’t know.

Hi mate, I’m from your way (Acton) but moved away. My bro lives in Denham and I was working that way until recently.
Gonzo will cost you are small fortune😂 Whirlwind is a good one, wouldn't mind one myself.
Not many people stop at only one pin, wait and see!
Chief coffee shop in Chiswick isn’t too far from you and have a few pins there in case you didn’t know.
Hi, Thanks. The way the £ is going everything is going to cost more 😳. I have asked dutch pinball to put me a BL against my name but then i heard bad stuff about the build quality and was recommended new medieval madness.
Also looking for a used godzilla premium. 3 is the most i have space for and i plan to use all that space 🥳
Perhaps say hello next time your about? The Monk indian restaurant in Denham is good for a curry
I’ve been to chief and didn’t think much of it. CC was in there not working and the others weren’t in great play shape either. Perhaps i chose the wrong day?

Hi, Thanks. The way the £ is going everything is going to cost more 😳. I have asked dutch pinball to put me a BL against my name but then i heard bad stuff about the build quality and was recommended new medieval madness.
Also looking for a used godzilla premium. 3 is the most i have space for and i plan to use all that space 🥳
Perhaps say hello next time your about? The Monk indian restaurant in Denham is good for a curry
I’ve been to chief and didn’t think much of it. CC was in there not working and the others weren’t in great play shape either. Perhaps i chose the wrong day?
that' was my experience of chief in August, cactus canon, Deadpool off, mm screen flickering, Ghostbusters played ok a little dirty. Godzilla I didn't really play.

Will send you a message next time I’m over your way👍
Shame about @Chief , I was there with Gonzo a couple of years ago and MM had a flipper issue. Mentioned it on here and he didn’t know about it and fixed it. Played CC and that was fine. He will see this and look into it etc, good guy.
I have MM LE remake and can’t fault it, great build and no issues (2015). Godzilla is another really good one.
I had a spare room upstairs with 5 in and hated having to get pins in and out, I had a Roadshow in there and the shaker motor used to sound like the ceiling was going to cave in downstairs so I told the mrs I better build a room in the garage so now have 12😂

Hey mate.

Uxbridge is less than an hour away if you ever fancy popping down?

I can't offer you a game on CC but there will be Deadpool, Batman, Aerosmith and ane or two others.

GZ is going down to Spencers for modding and filming for a while (coincidentally while he waits for his Cactus).

Hi, thanks , i’d love too. This is what i have on offer at present. I own a Stern but not your average model….

Hi everyone

Thought about reliving some youth and my love of Terminator, so thinking of seeing if I can buy one.

But like everything I do I like to research so I've been trying to learn about do's and don'ts of pinball, some of the terminology etc.

Nowhere near asking for specifics on the cabinet I want but thought I'd register here and start picking folks brains.

Thats what I thought, a company contacted me called funhousemachines.com offering a refurb for £5 pretty sure it is a scam site though
Domain in the US, less than a month old, contact details on the site point to Spain....machines a fraction of the expected price..

Registrant Contact Information:
Name

REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Organization
PrivacyGuardian.org llc
Address
1928 E. Highland Ave. Ste F104 PMB# 255
City
Phoenix
State / Province
AZ
Postal Code
Country
US
Phone
+1.3478717726

I do love it when people create these sites to try to appeal to everyone everywhere... it takes Minutes to work out whats going on.

So the Whatsapp is in spain. Their "about us" says "In early 2017 Fun House Machines expanded operations from a small storefront Across Europe to a fully staffed office & warehouse facility in London (6 km from the Financial District" - Good luck affording anything more than a shoebox in that area unless you have a mil or two to spare ....
And then the contact details..... :rofl:

1666218647829.png

And seem to be based, according to the above address anyhow, alongside a tools shop and a motorway service station...

1666218820077.png

Despite being in the centre of London, Germany and Spain at the same time :D

Defo another scam site... Avoid.. In case you hadnt noticed... :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Thought about reliving some youth and my love of Terminator, so thinking of seeing if I can buy one.

But like everything I do I like to research so I've been trying to learn about do's and don'ts of pinball, some of the terminology etc.

Nowhere near asking for specifics on the cabinet I want but thought I'd register here and start picking folks brains.
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @Dinsdale.

Hola a todos,mi nombre es Fran y vivo en España tengo 51 años.Soy un adicto a los pinballs y arcades,bueno en general a los años 80.Ha llegado a mis manos un pinball de freddy de Gottlieb el cual está para restaurar.Estoy buscando informacion y a ver si por aqui encuentro ayuda así que nada...espero aprender mucho en esta comunidad y muy agradecido por permitirme entrar.

Olà Fran, bienvenido! Aquì hablamos ingles ;)

Puedes empezar uno nuevo thread con fotografias del tuo Freddy, y estoy seguro que los muchachos aquí te ayuderán! :)

"Dos cervezas, por favor"

Sorry that's about it as far as my Spanish goes however I can speak several languages in a similar manner :thumbs:

Hi there.
Seems like pinball is taking over Spain at the moment ! Ha
I'm Spanish but live in Richmond. New to the forum although I already got myself a couple of pins at home. So addictive! Loving it.
Had to get an Indiana Jones as this is what I used to spend my pocket money on around 30 years ago.

Yes, been there a couple of times myself.
Great place and location. Coffee is great too!

Hello everyone, I'm Max from near the infamous Skeggy. Naturally I played a lot in the local arcades as a youth, sadly a very long time ago! I'm approaching the big five oh and getting a bit old for my superbike hobby, so I'm ready to make a start on my pin collection. I've been looking at machines on Ebay/FB and aside from being astounded by the prices these days I thought i'd weigh up delivery options, with this I had the fortune to speak to Martin at Retro Logistics, lovely guy who pointed me in the direction of this forum!

Favourites were/are White Water, LW3, STNG and of course, Adams Family. Played countless others but these are the ones I dream of owning! 🙏

Hello everyone, I'm Max from near the infamous Skeggy. Naturally I played a lot in the local arcades as a youth, sadly a very long time ago! I'm approaching the big five oh and getting a bit old for my superbike hobby, so I'm ready to make a start on my pin collection. I've been looking at machines on Ebay/FB and aside from being astounded by the prices these days I thought i'd weigh up delivery options, with this I had the fortune to speak to Martin at Retro Logistics, lovely guy who pointed me in the direction of this forum!

Favourites were/are White Water, LW3, STNG and of course, Adams Family. Played countless others but these are the ones I dream of owning! 🙏
LW3 was my first pin back in 1997. Lovely game. Always a favorite and would love it back along with a T2.
Welcome to the forum. It can get quite exciting in the evening here.

Back
Top Bottom